jabba the gut ecfc

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
8800 quoted as the break even figure.
Blimey, first time I've seen this, any chance of a link?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

p.2, fourth paragraph, under "Discussion" heading - break-even attendance figure confirmed to be "c.8'000". In other words the figure Contacts Riddler needed to invent in order to make the budget add up for Football League approval - albeit very grudging approval if rumours are to be believed.

Thanks but that's outdated.  I'm assuming the quoted 8800 figure pertains to this season, which would be more ridiculous than last season's 'Ridsdale' numbers

Sorry about that.

I do recall reading the 8'000 figure mentioned by your favourite journalist in the Brent Herald, but of course that's no guarantee of its accuracy.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Accuracy?, that's lolz foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm

GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:
If that means that Brenty has to dig deeper into his pocket to keep the Club afloat while he milks the surrounding assets before dumping the Club, good!
But, if the information we've had is accurate, he ISN'T digging into his pockets. He's making loans. At worst he will make less money than he expected but whatever happens (unless he ultimately writes off those loans) it's the club that will lose out.
I don't think the Club exist Knecht, not as we knew it at least prior to the administration. It's just a doorway to a development opportunity. 

The only people able to pay the debt will be the bucket rattlers, but I doubt the fans will have enough faith to chuck cash their way now that they have seen how the deception racket has been played out by those involved. But it may have been their game plan!

Maybe Nikkkk will get some sort of fan board together as he has suggested, but I think he suggested that believing that his friend could pull off some sort of PR stunt aimed at donations to keep the club afloat, even if it meant probable relegation to the Conference and hence the slip of a comment that relegation to the Conference wouldn't do us any harm.

Maybe it could have been the case that by getting the AFT to stump up the 400k one or two could have bought themselves a place on the board without having to stump up a penny themselves and pennies that they don't have. Who knows!

Now that the credibility of one or two has been shattered and the deviousness exposed the next move will be interesting. Brenty needs to keep the Club afloat, but he maybe keeping something afloat that won't be able to pay him back!

very true, admin mark2 will see argyle fold.
Back to top Go down

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I suppose 8800 could be a typo on Jock's part and the 8000 estimate was part of a 5 year plan so would still be valid.  Obviously promotion and higher wages was overlooked or agreed it would never happen.
Sorry yes I was referring to the "Ridsdale's fault" figures.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
I suppose 8800 could be a typo on Jock's part and the 8000 estimate was part of a 5 year plan so would still be valid.  Obviously promotion and higher wages was overlooked or agreed it would never happen.
Sorry yes I was referring to the "Ridsdale's fault" figures.
This season's break-even figures would be interesting. Hopefully somebody will ask.
Back to top Go down

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 pm

What I don't get yet, is what has been in it for Nikkk? - As  a businessman in the loan market there's not a chance in hell that he has donated thousands upon thousands just because he is an Argyle fan, so what's he been getting for his thousands upon thousands, or what will he be getting?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:13 pm

You'd probably have to indulge some 'Tory Boy' politics or a year in Eton to find an answer for that one.  I don't believe for one minute the PASOTI line 'he's a fan'.  That's just plain nonsense.

He could of course just be 'onside' since day one.
Back to top Go down

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I missed it last night but i'm willing to bet there were less than a 1000 pay on the day supporters there last night.

Do the club count all season ticket holders as attended whether they actually do or not?

I can see gates falling lower and lower the longer this continues.

The only way Brent will realise is if his pockets get hit.  Sheridan is now 8 without a win and it's painfully obvious we're staring relegation in the face AGAIN!

Yet he does naff all about it and hasn't even engaged with the fans telling us what he plans on doing about it.

I though he said he'd learnt from his mistakes of last season? From where i'm sitting he's about to repeat them again.
I thought he had by divulging his plans for HHP
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:08 pm

mcfry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
I missed it last night but i'm willing to bet there were less than a 1000 pay on the day supporters there last night.

Do the club count all season ticket holders as attended whether they actually do or not?

I can see gates falling lower and lower the longer this continues.

The only way Brent will realise is if his pockets get hit.  Sheridan is now 8 without a win and it's painfully obvious we're staring relegation in the face AGAIN!

Yet he does naff all about it and hasn't even engaged with the fans telling us what he plans on doing about it.

I though he said he'd learnt from his mistakes of last season? From where i'm sitting he's about to repeat them again.
I thought he had by divulging his plans for HHP
Maybe he's listening to other advisors these days ? The chuckle brothers won't know what to do. Maybe they'll infiltrate the Trust ?Wink 
Back to top Go down

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Was interesting to see that the council have applied to amend the road traffic act in regards to stopping drivers turning left into seagrave road from outland road.
All aboard the Brenty Express
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pride - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2