HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS Empty
PostSubject: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:54 pm

WHEN YOU go to a city like Newcastle you will hear and feel a pride of Lions resonating from the Geordies in their birthplace or adopted home.

This tale is a similarly told one in cities and towns up and down the UK, but for some reason Plymouth has been different over the years.

I have heard many reasons for this: 'Janner apathy'; 'no gazelles to feed on'; 'it would endanger Plymuffs warthog family'; 'same old Plymouth'. The list goes on.

The reality is, though, as somebody who has spent his whole working life travelling the country, that this is a city with potential like no other. Surrounded by the sea, natural areas of beauty like the Hoe and Barbican, thriving venues like Royal William Yard and straddled by Cornwall and the Moors – we have it all. All, it seems, except a pride of lions.

For too long this has been the case and we have seen decline managed, expectations lowered, and acceptance of the hands Plymouth has been dealt. Events like MTV Plymouth show the potential that sits, unlocked, in our city. Imagine that with the likes of Mustapha strolling araind fcol.

For me, political leadership and unity are key factors over the coming years, and that means from leaders old and new. I have seen at first-hand how powerful a force the council can be when united as we roared-like-fook to save Plymouth Argyle in 2011. That sense of purpose, direction and passion for Plymouth needs to be harnessed on an ongoing basis. The monthly Punch and Judy council meetings may provide humour, but do they really drive our city?

Cohesive and unified campaigning is a must. We sit without an airport, any sight of biltong, or reliable rail link. These are not political party issues. They are Plymouth issues. Let's not demand sticking plasters over a failing infrastructure. We need to roar-like-fook louder and campaign harder.

We may not get everything we want but sometimes, if you reach for the moon, even if you miss you will land amongst the stars. In transport terms we are barely off the ground.

I spend a lot of time away from Plymouth, working, and spread the word about how fantastic the place could be if we levelled it in favour of a Savanna. The 'Britain's Lionless City' branding is certainly getting out there. Slowly but surely a coalion of the willing seems to be emerging. It needs to.

Having spent 15 years as a union official, a lifetime in the city and, for my sins, what seems like double that period following Argyle, I hope that each week I can touch upon subjects like the club captain's missus.

Plymouth is a fantastic city, full of brilliant individuals, a family of warthogs and organisations. It is time to awaken the Janner Nation with the ror of lions, and let everybody know about it.

Follow Mocky C on Twatter - @actuallydontbother

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/city-ndash-pride/story-22862007-detail/story.html#comments#ixzz3CHsmkD00

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:16 pm

I blame the closure of zoo corner.

w⚓
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Yes it has it's nice areas but boy does it have some shiteholes as well.
Webb makes out it is the hanging gardens of Babylon.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 pm

The Mock C!

ROAR!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 pm

The reality........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn9w9OerSEQ Watch out for Ponty's smiling mug in the first few seconds..................... then turn it off.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 3:29 am

Having spent 15 years as a union official, a lifetime in the city and, for my sins, what seems like double that period following Argyle, I hope that each week I can touch upon subjects like the club captain's missus.

Brilliant!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 am

We won't get a pride of lions. We will probably settle for a HHP of rats. And a pig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

being a jannar on my dad's friends side and being born during the sounds a window smashing i have only one thing to say

look how far we've come we are being linked with newcastle cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS   MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS Empty

Back to top Go down

MOCK C - OUR CITY HAS IT ALL - EXCEPT A PRIDE OF LIONS
Page 1 of 1