Sir Francis Drake
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Pride   Pride EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 pm

I want a team and a club that I can take pride in; that I can be proud of. I want a team and a club that puts Plymouth on the national and international stage in a positive way. Instead of which...

I have an owner of a club, that I care deeply about, that shows no empathy at all with the hopes and dreams of the misguided fools, such as me who bankroll it; who seem to serve no other useful purpose other than as an inconvenient backdrop to his personal ambitions (which stretch no further than feathering his own nest via a feckin mahoosive subsidiary property deal to which, unfortunately, Plymouth Argyle is intrinsically linked).

I have a manager with a seemingly good track record who has assembled a bunch of players completely incapable of exploiting each others potential strengths; they can't even manage a meaningful shot on goal not just in 80 but 180 or 270 or however many are available minutes.

I have a council which couldn't give a damn about who owns or does what.

I have a team incapable of mounting a serious goal threat against what, let's be honest, was mediocre opposition tonight or, seemingly, against any opposition at all.

And the club I have continuously pumped far more money and emotion than I can sensibly justify for about 85% of my time on this planet can't even keep the feckin floodlights on for 90 minutes.

Something at Argyle is seriously fecked up and the only sensible conclusion I can reach is that it is me for continuing to go.

Pissed off? feckin right I am. feckin incandescent with rage is more like it.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dane

Dane

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 am

Nice. But Brent doesn't give a feck what you think or how you feel I'm afraid
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 am

Obvs.
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:12 am

pride passion and belief is a corporate marketing tool for the club to sell merchandise now it means jackshit to them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am

Obvs.

I wouldn't mind betting that the sales figures are through the feckin floor though.

We are a zombie football club: still moving and seemingly functional but dead inside and destroying everything we possess for no apparent reason.

Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:23 am

Angry wrote:
pride passion and belief is a corporate marketing tool for the club to sell merchandise now it means jackshit to them.
The word " corporate" is a word I've heard bandied about this club far too frequently in the last couple of years. It's about time that word was shoved where the sun doesn't shine and a new word came to the fore.

That word is "football"
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 am

As painful as it is, Dane is spot on, obviously.

We have a council who don't give a feck?  Where did that come from?  We know the answer of course.

I could rant all night about this n that but get ignored.

My best advice is forget Argyle and forget Plymouth.  Take an early retirement if at all possible.  Happy days.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:16 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:
The word " corporate" is a word I've heard bandied about this club far too frequently in the last couple of years. It's about time that word was shoved where the sun doesn't shine and a new word came to the fore.

That word is "football"
Exactly, you sadly forget this is a Football Club at times. James Brent and friends what have you done to our club Sad.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:

That word is "football"

The word "corporate" is a word I've heard bandied about far too frequently in this country in the last thirty years. It's about time that word was shoved where the sun doesn't shine and a new world came to the fore.

And that world is one where public good is the guiding objective and not the satisfaction of private greed - football clubs included.

Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:26 am

I'm beginning to think we didn't buy the wooden pegs off the Gypsy lady sometime in the past - the club is cursed, I tell eeh!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:13 am

The whole thing about passionate fans and fantastic support was one of the first ploys that Brent used when he took over to hook in the fanbase. He was frequently in the local media spouting on about the wonderful Green Army - when was the last time he made mention of it?. As sombody said even his quivering lip is now absent from the directors box.
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:55 am

I missed it last night but i'm willing to bet there were less than a 1000 pay on the day supporters there last night.

Do the club count all season ticket holders as attended whether they actually do or not?

I can see gates falling lower and lower the longer this continues.

The only way Brent will realise is if his pockets get hit. Sheridan is now 8 without a win and it's painfully obvious we're staring relegation in the face AGAIN!

Yet he does naff all about it and hasn't even engaged with the fans telling us what he plans on doing about it.

I though he said he'd learnt from his mistakes of last season? From where i'm sitting he's about to repeat them again.
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

Yea Man wrote:
I missed it last night but i'm willing to bet there were less than a 1000 pay on the day supporters there last night.

Do the club count all season ticket holders as attended whether they actually do or not?

I can see gates falling lower and lower the longer this continues.

The only way Brent will realise is if his pockets get hit.  Sheridan is now 8 without a win and it's painfully obvious we're staring relegation in the face AGAIN!

Yet he does naff all about it and hasn't even engaged with the fans telling us what he plans on doing about it.

I though he said he'd learnt from his mistakes of last season? From where i'm sitting he's about to repeat them again.
Yeah they count all the season ticket holders whether they attend or not so the figure of 5689? which already included 404 Newport fans, good going by them on a shitty Tuesday night against a shit team, is almost certainly hundreds more than were actually in the ground.

It's still good for this league and the position we're in but it's nowhere near the 8800 quoted as the break even figure.
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:06 am

If that means that Brenty has to dig deeper into his pocket to keep the Club afloat while he milks the surrounding assets before dumping the Club, good!
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 am

GOB wrote:
If that means that Brenty has to dig deeper into his pocket to keep the Club afloat while he milks the surrounding assets before dumping the Club, good!

But, if the information we've had is accurate, he ISN'T digging into his pockets. He's making loans. At worst he will make less money than he expected but whatever happens (unless he ultimately writes off those loans) it's the club that will lose out.
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 am

knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:
But, if the information we've had is accurate, he ISN'T digging into his pockets. He's making loans. At worst he will make less money than he expected but whatever happens (unless he ultimately writes off those loans) it's the club that will lose out.
I don't think the Club exist Knecht, not as we knew it at least prior to the administration. It's just a doorway to a development opportunity. 

The only people able to pay the debt will be the bucket rattlers, but I doubt the fans will have enough faith to chuck cash their way now that they have seen how the deception racket has been played out by those involved. But it may have been their game plan!

Maybe Nikkkk will get some sort of fan board together as he has suggested, but I think he suggested that believing that his friend could pull off some sort of PR stunt aimed at donations to keep the club afloat, even if it meant probable relegation to the Conference and hence the slip of a comment that relegation to the Conference wouldn't do us any harm.

Maybe it could have been the case that by getting the AFT to stump up the 400k one or two could have bought themselves a place on the board without having to stump up a penny themselves and pennies that they don't have. Who knows!

Now that the credibility of one or two has been shattered and the deviousness exposed the next move will be interesting. Brenty needs to keep the Club afloat, but he maybe keeping something afloat that won't be able to pay him back!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:
8800 quoted as the break even figure.
Blimey, first time I've seen this, any chance of a link?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm

I'd rather the club closed down than Nikkk took over, it'd just be more of the same.

I doubt a passionate owner could presently afford to buy Jimmy out, the best thing for PAFC now is to go bankrupt and start afresh, wishfully with PCC support and the stadium as we know it.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

p.2, fourth paragraph, under "Discussion" heading - break-even attendance figure confirmed to be "c.8'000". In other words the figure Contacts Riddler needed to invent in order to make the budget add up for Football League approval - albeit very grudging approval if rumours are to be believed.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

p.2, fourth paragraph, under "Discussion" heading - break-even attendance figure confirmed to be "c.8'000". In other words the figure Contacts Riddler needed to invent in order to make the budget add up for Football League approval - albeit very grudging approval if rumours are to be believed.

Thanks but that's outdated.  I'm assuming the quoted 8800 figure pertains to this season, which would be more ridiculous than last season's 'Ridsdale' numbers
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm

I think those are last seasons figures, this seasons are surely less optimistic, either way you can guarantee the worse the results/crowds get the higher the losses become and i'm not sure how much of a financial hit Brent can or is prepared to take.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:44 pm

I suppose 8800 could be a typo on Jock's part and the 8000 estimate was part of a 5 year plan so would still be valid. Obviously promotion and higher wages was overlooked or agreed it would never happen.
Back to top Go down

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Yes, the 8,000 figure was last season's, and defended by saying it was set by Ridsdale.

If there were 5,600 there last night, and 400 away, then with 4000 STs sold (as of the last PASB meeting), it appears there were 1200 pay on the day fans.

Not aware of Nikkk's fan board proposal. We seem to have many boards already. But certainly the club would be in deeper debt without Nikkk's contributions.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
Yes, the 8,000 figure was last season's, and defended by saying it was set by Ridsdale.

If there were 5,600 there last night, and 400 away, then with 4000 STs sold (as of the last PASB meeting), it appears there were 1200 pay on the day fans.

Not aware of Nikkk's fan board proposal. We seem to have many boards already.  But certainly the club would be in deeper debt without Nikkk's contributions.
I think nikkk made that proposal a couple of years ago, not long after he arrived on the scene and started throwing cash at the 'auctions'.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 pm

My recollection is Nikk started a post on PASOTI about himself and other like-minded people buying into the club. One of the 'advisors' suggested he speak to Jimmy directly. The rest is history and our future has probably already been decided. Or there's yet more fun & games to be had once Jimmy has had enough.

Just close the club down and end this misery already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pride   Pride Empty

Back to top Go down

Pride
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next