Lord Tisdale
Jethro
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 am

I sincerely hope this is true. The development lacks ambition and class. If you're going to do something in Central Park, do it properly, as with the AFT working group plans, or don't do it at all.
Hopefully, businesses have seen through the clusterfuck and are not interested. It won't work. Maybe they haven't looked the reluctant one in the eyes yet. Or maybe they aren't stupid/self interested like the decision makers on behalf of the city, the press and the supporters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 am

Interesting and promising. Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:50 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
This comes from within, Please use imagination while reading : Distinct lack of necessaries forces kickoff to be delayed. The big cheese is petrified of losing credibility and more, Something's got to give.

Stay Tuned, Asti.
Ummm (rubs chin). As Bandwagon say's. It could well be a Tribute (isn't that for bearded old gits who wear tank-tops and spot trains?)clown  Stella and popcorn big weekender!!!!!

Can I get a HELL YEH?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 am

The latest in the construction industry is that "works are due to start on site by Early November 2013".Sad  I think it was designed shit on purpose though because he has no interest in the football or Home Park. It's all about Millbay and watch him try and get his own way without building the mini stand!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

I really hope it is foundering! Abandonment of this ludicrous 'development' and tinpot ministand could quite well save the club in the longer run.  If this all goes tits up the list of people who are going to look irredeemably very stupid is quite long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:12 am

I have never been able to work out the logic behind this disaster but you assume that because Brent has a few bob that he knows what he's doing, now I am not so sure that Brenty boy has a penny to scratch his ass with!

I still think that it's going to happen, but I have fingers crossed for Central Park, PAFC and the City of Plymouth that it won't!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:30 am

There was an article in the Herald last week regarding the new stand..

Apparently,there are one or two issues still to be ironed out ....
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:51 am

If the mess-iah is really struggling to get the finance in place, I'm led to believe that there is a firm offering secured loans available. Of course the loans are secured on property, thus the altruistric, philanthropic one that isn't a property developer could perhaps get the cash though them. The interest rates are only about 250% pa so they might bite into prospective development profits, which might sting a bit. It would accelerate the end result that many of us predict. Just a left field idea.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 am

I have it on good authority that the new stand will be started imminently.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
The latest in the construction industry is that "works are due to start on site by Early November 2013".Sad  I think it was designed shit on purpose though because he has no interest in the football or Home Park. It's all about Millbay and watch him try and get his own way without building the mini stand!
This.

Millbay and all that offers was always the prize for the quivering lip.

Seriously, how would the future of the club be affected if the development in the park went ahead, without the new stand?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:17 pm

That would be infinately preferable to the proposed ministand. As long as there was adequate space for a proper owner to build a proper stand in the future I'd be more than happy for the existing Mayflower stand stay exactly as it is. For now just put seats on the terracing and viola -a 21k capacity stadium!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Iggy wrote:

Suspect  really ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:38 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
This.

Seriously, how would the future of the club be affected if the development in the park went ahead, without the new stand?
I often think this myself. I would not be surprised if Brent manages to wiggle his way out of the mini stand development. It is clear from the plans he has submitted that he is not serious about PAFC or HHP otherwise he would have put a decent proposal together, not one that limits his financial exposure as much as possible.

I wonder if he will go to the council with a sob story about not be able to complete the development due to outside forces, and hope that they allow him to continue at Millbay without the PAFC millstone around his neck.

Of course, if a consortium of Argyle fans came forward and offered to buy PAFC from him then that would open up a whole nother story.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
This.

I often think this myself. I would not be surprised if Brent manages to wiggle his way out of the mini stand development. It is clear from the plans he has submitted that he is not serious about PAFC or HHP otherwise he would have put a decent proposal together, not one that limits his financial exposure as much as possible.

I wonder if he will go to the council with a sob story about not be able to complete the development due to outside forces, and hope that they allow him to continue at Millbay without the PAFC millstone around his neck.

Of course, if a consortium of Argyle fans came forward and offered to buy PAFC from him then that would open up a whole nother story.
Feckinell Frank ! This sorry saga has been going on for at least 7 years. Getting a tad tired and bored by it all now, as there seems an inevitability that PAFC will remain a parochial outpost in perpetuity. The janner gene is as strong, as it is village.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
This.

whats worse being owned by brent

Or a consortium of Webb,Newel and the like ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:40 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
This comes from within, Please use imagination while reading : Distinct lack of necessaries forces kickoff to be delayed. The big cheese is petrified of losing credibility and more, Something's got to give.

Stay Tuned, Asti.
I'd translate that as Brent hasn't met the conditions that were set down by the council for the build to go ahead.

Brent is now petrified of losing credibility and Mr and Mrs Brent's pension fund.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Just geddon and build it and while you're at it, anyone fancy a car sticker?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:22 pm

GOB wrote:
Just geddon and build it and while you're at it, anyone fancy a car sticker?
Don't forget the mug!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Iggy wrote:
Absolute bollox! My information is that it will be built dreckly.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
This.

whats worse being owned by brent

Or a consortium of Webb,Newel and the like ?

sob story ? probably find an ill relative like some have done before.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Guess it depends when the incoming consortium wants to start building it... The hard work (planning permission) is already done thanks James old bean..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:38 am

The hard work is finding the money to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:48 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
The hard work is finding the money to do it.
Perhaps nool could bring out the "pasoti concrete block" flog em to the gratefuls a tenner each, followed by the pasoti sand, the pasoti ballast etc... in a couple of weeks should have all you need for the ministand.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:18 am

It's 'imminent'

Brent has collected:

The Pavillions building (worth more when closed, we cannot do without skating apparently and I've got your money already) plus £2m

A football club plus cheap, maybe even free property development potential

Because of the above, a few naive people have decided to allow him the rights to redevelop the Civic Centre

We're asking for a starting date?

He's a fekn fraud, let's expose him!

Let's ask him about farming and his land ownership.

Just kidding, of course it's all rumour. James is a lovely chap, Harry Potter sort of person, butter wouldn't melt, would hide in the bogs if you confronted him, probably even shit himself. Good job he has his friends eh

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Suspect  really ?

Imminent is the word that was trotted out by Stapleton and Todd about the start date for the grandstand development that never happened under their tenure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MiniStand Start date?   MiniStand Start date? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MiniStand Start date?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next