mouldyoldgoat
sufferedsince 68
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Granstand /Ministand update? Empty
PostSubject: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:41 am

Must be due for a new even more cunning plan than the previous belter from Jimmy the Trowel very soon, Spring is the time for Builders real and imaginary to get cracking! flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:37 am

Plans will be announced at the second of 3 Q&A fans meetings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:20 am

Plans will be MADE for a Q&A session more like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 11:37 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Plans will be MADE for a Q&A session more like.
I'm sure there will be plenty of notice, and a sensible start time. lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 2:17 pm

An update???

That will be rarer than rocking horse shit! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 2:26 pm

when torquay build their new ground brent will buy the new bristow stand at plainmoor or launa windows whatever you refer to it as and transfer it to home park
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:45 pm

is it not finished yet? 4 years isnt it now? find out on Monday thats ours has been passed and that work will actually start (you know diggers, steel work and the like) in late may
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Motorservices wrote:
is it not finished yet? 4 years isnt it now? find out on Monday thats ours has been passed and that work will actually start (you know diggers, steel work and the like) in late may

The key difference being of course, aspiration. Comparing ours to yours (aspirations, that is) is a bit silly. That is beautifully illustrated by how excited you clearly are with a little baby stand that may be coming your way. Bless. Very Happy

Even on Newells Official Fan Site, 90% were horrified with Brent's sub-5,000 capacity mini-stand plan, let alone us on ATD. So you see, I doubt you'll find many people sobbing uncontrollably that his joke of a stand won't ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 8:32 pm

We were repeatedly told that there was no alternative, nothing else was possible, that the entire scheme was essential, that every component relied on every other component, that the cinema was needed to bankroll the development.

Bretonside means no cinema means no funding means no HHP means no grandstand of any sort.

And, unless we were listening to arch bullshit all along, that means that it is impossible for Brent to finance any sort of stand. It's pretty much as simple as that. Unless, as I said, everything we were told was bullshit.

The only world in which we'll see any sort of new stand at all is a post-Brent world.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Motorservices wrote:

but isnt that new stand basically the same stand it is now but updated?
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

The key difference being of course, aspiration. Comparing ours to yours (aspirations, that is) is a bit silly. That is beautifully illustrated by how excited you clearly are with a little baby stand that may be coming your way. Bless. Very Happy

Even on Newells Official Fan Site, 90% were horrified with Brent's sub-5,000 capacity mini-stand plan, let alone us on ATD. So you see, I doubt you'll find many people sobbing uncontrollably that his joke of a stand won't ever happen.

No i think it comes from living in the real world, the OG is close to its sell by date, so id rather have a new stand that is FREE than a 3 sided ground, fact is apart from Liverpool, Man U and the visit of big clubs we dont sell out, so having a 20K ground is pointless

When was the last time you sold out what you have? so what is the point in wanting a new stand that wont be full?
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Oh and as a side, we fulled our ground to the brim in 2016, you havent done that in what 9 years now?
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

the OG is 80 odd years old, the new one will have a concourse (all new stands do now) and the changing rooms moved and updated, i hoped they would build as close to the BB as poss, but due to Network rail the cost to build (even over hang) there land would cost more then you lot went bust for, be nice to have a small standing terrace between the new stand and the BB though, but that wont happen either
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 pm

How about a rockery ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Angry wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

the OG is 80 odd years old, the new one will have a concourse (all new stands do now) and the changing rooms moved and updated, i hoped they would build as close to the BB as poss, but due to Network rail the cost to build (even over hang) there land would cost more then you lot went bust for, be nice to have a small standing terrace between the new stand and the BB though, but that wont happen either

probably better in the long term for exeter to just leave that ground and build a new stadium. there is so little more you can do with it due to where it is and network rail.

pity sandy park is a no goer
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Angry wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

probably better in the long term for exeter to just leave that ground and build a new stadium. there is so little more you can do with it due to where it is and network rail.

Agree, we wont ever be able to have more than 10K max (dont need it and doubt we ever would need it bigger) but on the same count we are stuck for non matchday income

There isnt any ground in ECC large enough or able to have a football ground built on it and we would never have the funds to build one either.

Sandy Park, hmm, for me its no go, they done the speedway side out of there home and we would only have gate money (after a 15 million buy in, Rightwing figures)

For me im glad to see something happen after 30 yrs of the OG looking like it has more plasters added each week, i just hope we have what has been shown rather than a half finished stand that just about has the go ahead to be used
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Angry wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Angry wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Agree, we wont ever be able to have more than 10K max (dont need it and doubt we ever would need it bigger) but on the same count we are stuck for non matchday income

There isnt any ground in ECC large enough or able to have a football ground built on it and we would never have the funds to build one either.

Sandy Park, hmm, for me its no go, they done the speedway side out of there home and we would only have gate money (after a 15 million buy in, Rightwing figures)

For me im glad to see something happen after 30 yrs of the OG looking like it has more plasters added each week, i just hope we have what has been shown rather than a half finished stand that just about has the go ahead to be used
Wasn't there some talk about building the ground on Bad Homburg Way a few years ago just outside the city limits? Sandy Park does pretty well on the corporate side, which contributes a lot but it just feel a like football ground, it just wouldn't be home. FWIW the sell of NR has been suggested  and if the government felt they could get away with it they would but what with Railtrack and Hatfield it's a hot potato.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Wasn't there some talk about building the ground on Bad Homburg Way a few years ago just outside the city limits?...

To my shame I can't remember exactly where Bad Homburg Way is, but if you mean the site in Marsh Barton then yes. Unfortunately a Makro got built instead (if you're a fan of insane light pollution it's a must see).

I wouldn't have minded moving there actually - not nearly so remote as Sandy Park. There were proposals to build a railway station there and everything.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 5:26 am

Shit. I opened the thread for the first time in the possible belief thinking Jimmys opened his Wallet but as always disappointed by the lack of action from the Clown at the Helm.
Interesting to note how many members of John LLoyds FB page are now opening up with their thoughts on this Chancer........... Before I got the distinct impression they were wary to air their views as the "eeee saved us" bollacks warcry would shout them down.......Now I'd say its 50/50 across the Board
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:13 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Shit. I opened the thread for the first time in the possible belief thinking Jimmys opened his Wallet but as always disappointed by the lack of action from the Clown at the Helm.
Interesting to note how many members of John LLoyds FB page are now opening up with their thoughts on this Chancer........... Before I got the distinct impression they were wary to air their views as the "eeee saved us" bollacks warcry would shout them down.......Now I'd say its 50/50 across the Board

Hence the skeleton accounts, accusing others of being the same.

Once a Windsor Boy, always a Deepthroater.............fankee James Brent sir,fer lettin us stay in yer ex otel in Winser  . laugh

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:59 am

It's not the best hotel I've been in. They must be easily pleased!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am

Jimmy knew throw em a few freebies to make em look important once they accepted boom that was it the useful idiots were bought
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:38 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Wasn't there some talk about building the ground on Bad Homburg Way a few years ago just outside the city limits?...

To my shame I can't remember exactly where Bad Homburg Way is, but if you mean the site in Marsh Barton then yes. Unfortunately a Makro got built instead (if you're a fan of insane light pollution it's a must see).

I wouldn't have minded moving there actually - not nearly so remote as Sandy Park. There were proposals to build a railway station there and everything.

Sounds like the area. I know y where you mean as I had a birthday do at the Double Locks a few years back and I remember missing the first hour driving round Marsh Barton looking for the tiny road in and out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

No i think it comes from living in the real world, the OG is close to its sell by date, so id rather have a new stand that is FREE than a 3 sided ground, fact is apart from Liverpool, Man U and the visit of big clubs we dont sell out, so having a 20K ground is pointless

When was the last time you sold out what you have? so what is the point in wanting a new stand that wont be full?

Sometimes buildings need replacing because they've reached the end of their shelf life. Worn out, dangerous, dilapidated, insanitary and beyond economical repair. That's why our Grandstand needs replacing; it's got nothing to do with attendances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm not so sure that's true Homey, if the steel is in good nick then no reason why you couldn't re-roof, strip out and gut changing rooms, change the corporate into a supporters bar and the jobs a goodun, I've seen nothing to suggest that the actual structure is unsafe.
The cost aspect is the real sticking point, no Nandoes, school or dentist so we would need a real owner willing and ABLE to invest, Brent is neither of these so were fecked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? Empty

Back to top Go down

Granstand /Ministand update?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next