Dougie
VillageGreen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Pete1886

Pete1886

Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
At this rate Jock you should reach the big 10,000 posts in the second half, is that an ATD record ? If so i think a prize is in order..............how about a 3 day camping holiday with Lord Tisdale ?
Or a trip into the woods with PL2 FACED Twisted Evil 

2-1 Swindon, 40 seconds into the second half
Does PL2 FACED shit (himself) in the woods lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

All over.

Much better display by Argyle who had their moments but on the whole Swindon deserved the win.

Encouraging from Argyle. Hayes and Reid combined well a few times and Blackman looked dangerous going forward.

Argyle played the ball around much more than they have been lately but look vulnerable with balls behind the full backs and also from crosses again. That's disappointing but going forward they did look dangerous and created a few half chances and got the ball into good areas.

Cox came on for Swindon and bossed the midfield.

cnuts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Impressive Jock, are you available for the Pompey game on Saturday !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
At this rate Jock you should reach the big 10,000 posts in the second half, is that an ATD record ? If so i think a prize is in order..............how about a 3 day camping holiday with Lord Tisdale ?

I would give the cnut a five minute head start and then hunt him down like the scumbag he is. I would easily track him as he sobbed like a little girl and pleaded with me not to kill him.

When I had him pinned down and crying uncontrollably I would ask him to repeat the threats he made to me and the female members of my family and if he said it was someone else I would want them named. I would then call those people, I have their numbers, and speak to them whilst PL2 FACED was there with me and tell them I was coming for them next.

Then I break his scrawny neck and leave him in the woods for foxes and badgers to feast on him Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Nice one jock, another plucky loser defeat again!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Good work GJ! cheers 

Sounds very good work by Argyle, shame about the score.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Nice one jock, another plucky loser defeat again!
Yeah I suppose. It wasn't Swindon's first team but they had some decent players out there. Loanees from Spurs and a guy who used to play for Standard Liege in Belgium.

Was an entertaining game and at times was end to end. Swindon had more clear cut chances but at least we gave it more of a go. Blackman played as a winger and gave his full back a hard time. Him and Reid linked up well as did Hayes and Reid, but Hayes was substituted just when they looked quite dangerous. Probably due to him not being match fit yet.

Harvey wasn't mentioned that often once he'd come on but Argyle were pressing int he last fifteen minutes going for the equaliser. Play like that on Saturday and we might beat Pompey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Pete1886 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

I would give the cnut a five minute head start and then hunt him down like the scumbag he is. I would easily track him as he sobbed like a little girl and pleaded with me not to kill him.

When I had him pinned down and crying uncontrollably I would ask him to repeat the threats he made to me and the female members of my family and if he said it was someone else I would want them named. I would then call those people, I have their numbers, and speak to them whilst PL2 FACED was there with me and tell them I was coming for them next.

Then I break his scrawny neck and leave him in the woods for foxes and badgers to feast on him Very Happy 
I'm sure I watched a film very similar to this scenario the other week. I think it could have been called 'Wrong Turn'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Jello wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Pete1886 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

I'm sure I watched a film very similar to this scenario the other week. I think it could have been called 'Wrong Turn'.
Postey's wrong turn was threatening my family members, only the women of course, he wouldn't be brave enough to make threats to my two year old son Very Happy 

Of course according to Jameson, the friends who also took part in the Greenman account were Webb and Newell which I can well believe as they're both into doing things like that anonymously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 pm

so was my hopes realised for the game? i have been at work so only just found out the score and i rather take the opinion of the game from honest folk than bias sheep on beardland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Angry wrote:
so was my hopes realised for the game? i have been at work so only just found out the score and i rather take the opinion of the game from honest folk than bias sheep on beardland.
Argyle played quite well, took the lead but then Swindon took over and had most of the play and deservedly went 2-1 up. Argyle played some decent football and Hayes and Reid combined well until Hayes went off after about an hour. Blackman played as a winger and he went past his man a few times and put some decent crosses in.

The last 15 minutes was mainly Argyle pressing and could well have forced an equaliser but on the whole Swindon deserved to win. They also hit the post and crossbar in the first half.

It wasn't Swindon's first team but sounded like a decent side they put out. Lee Cox came on for them in the second half and controlled play for them so if we can get him back it sounds like he's still playing well.

Much more encouraging than Saturday and if we play like we did tonight I reckon we could beat Pompey, especially with Blackman on the wing and Hayes with Reid up front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Angry wrote:
Argyle played quite well, took the lead but then Swindon took over and had most of the play and deservedly went 2-1 up. Argyle played some decent football and Hayes and Reid combined well until Hayes went off after about an hour. Blackman played as a winger and he went past his man a few times and put some decent crosses in.

The last 15 minutes was mainly Argyle pressing and could well have forced an equaliser but on the whole Swindon deserved to win. They also hit the post and crossbar in the first half.

It wasn't Swindon's first team but sounded like a decent side they put out. Lee Cox came on for them in the second half and controlled play for them so if we can get him back it sounds like he's still playing well.

Much more encouraging than Saturday and if we play like we did tonight I reckon we could beat Pompey, especially with Blackman on the wing and Hayes with Reid up front.
Cheers Pete, thats all i wanted from the team tonight a better performance and more of an effort and it sounds like they did.
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:03 pm

" we got relegated but we played well " is what we might be saying very soon , this manager is not very good at anything but excuses , lets not be waiting until new year this time , one more game for me and if no win then its got to be goodbye .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:15 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
" we got relegated but we played well "  is what we might be saying very soon , this manager is not very good at anything but excuses , lets not be waiting until new year this time  , one more game for me and if no win then its got to be goodbye .
He has a good track record at Oldham and Chesterfield. Its not working at the moment but i dont believe its all Sheridan's fault. Brent is has his large share too as do the players.
The 3 need to buck up before we are in another relegation scrap. Brent isnt going to sack sheridan so soon after giving him a new contract.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Well, I'm ashamed to say that I'd forgotten this was going on last night. I did the forecasting league, but then totally forgot, and what with snooker last night and golf this morning, I've just found out that we lost......again.

Can't really say I'm too bothered.

Hey ho.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Highlights here >>>> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Dougie wrote:
Highlights here >>>> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I've watched it several times & I can't make up my mind if a keeper quicker off his line should have cut out their first goal.

Loose marking & an unfortunate slip by Trotman (?) contributed to their second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4