Flat_Track_Bully
Peggy
Dougie
VillageGreen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 am

Will we see the impossible and witness a win and a good performance?
Will a "cup run" keep the wolves at bay from Brent's door?
How will the sheep react if we lose?

im going for a 2-0 Swindon win.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 am

I am going for a 4-0 win to Swindon.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:44 am

The only thing i am hoping for is a more committed performance that gives us a glimmer of hope that we wont be embarrassed on TV (AGAIN) on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 am

Angry wrote:
The only thing i am hoping for is a more committed performance that gives us a glimmer of hope that we wont be embarrassed on TV (AGAIN) on Saturday.

Sadly,i think Argyle will be embarrassed on tv [AGAIN] this coming Saturday,regardless of how they play tonight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Sadly,i think Argyle will be embarrassed on tv [AGAIN] this coming Saturday,regardless of how they play tonight.

a defeat i can live wit but if we play anything like we did against the mighty stowbridge and dorchester we may aswell give up now and banned sky/bt sport/itv and bbc from every broadcasting our games!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 am

Here's the view fro Swindon....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Here's the view fro Swindon....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And the swines give pasoti a mention & a link but nothing for ATD. That's so not fair!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 am

I'm going for a sneaky 1 0 to the Greens, reasons being that Swindon may rest players and we look so shit in our form I think they may think we will roll over (there must be a reaction to Saturdays shite from the boys) hence the win for us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm going for a 3-1 win for Swinedon.pig 

I have a couple of days off, I may even drive up tonight, I might, or I may stay indoors, eat pizza and drink beer? I might go up onto Dartmoor tonight for some night-time photography.

I might fire up the PS4 and kick some ass in GTA5!

I might shampoo my dog, I might. Aren't days off fun!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:21 pm

PS4? Wow.

It'll be interesting to see what team Sheridan puts put tonight. My guess is it'll be pretty much the same old same old with possibly one or two changes from Saturday and not a totally different side. That won't be good enough to beat Swindon no matter what side they put out.

As long as the side show some bloody fight and create some chances it'll be a step in the right direction, providing they don't revert to the usual shit come Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:
PS4? Wow.

It'll be interesting to see what team Sheridan puts put tonight. My guess is it'll be pretty much the same old same old with possibly one or two changes from Saturday and not a totally different side. That won't be good enough to beat Swindon no matter what side they put out.

As long as the side show some bloody fight and create some chances it'll be a step in the right direction, providing they don't revert to the usual shit come Saturday.
3, 3, I meant PS3.Embarassed  Does that meet your approval?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm 'buzzing' for this one Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Is there a match tonight?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I was watching the League 2 'highlights' on iPlayer yesterday. At the start of one match the commentator said that a team had made 5 changes because the manager was unhappy with the previous week's defeat. Even after a sucession of bad performances Sheridan only ever seems to make 1 or 2 changes. He seems completely averse to throwing some youngsters in to see how they get on. I know that many on here like to blame Brent for everything, but I really think Sheridan needs to raise his game. We should be top-half with the squad he's put together.

Like you I suspect he'll bottle it and only make a couple of changes (one of which will be Cole in goal).
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I was watching the League 2 'highlights' on iPlayer yesterday. At the start of one match the commentator said that a team had made 5 changes because the manager was unhappy with the previous week's defeat. Even after a sucession of bad performances Sheridan only ever seems to make 1 or 2 changes. He seems completely averse to throwing some youngsters in to see how they get on.  I know that many on here like to blame Brent for everything, but I really think Sheridan needs to raise his game. We should be top-half with the squad he's put together.

Like you I suspect he'll bottle it and only make a couple of changes (one of which will be Cole in goal).
That's what I think. Possibly play Gurrieri but not wholesale changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

They're only allowed to make a maximum of 5 changes from the last league game but Harvey, Gurrieri, Hayes and Cole all need games and should start imo. No radio Devon commentary tonight either, any suggestions ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Swindon yoof/stiffs will brush us aside like we weren't there. Can't imagine why anyone would want to travel to this.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

The 7-year old who runs the Argyle Twitter account has posted the team (only after 'hilariously' tweeting to suggest that he mistook Swindon for Wycombe). From the nicknames I think the team is

Cole
Nelson, Trotman, Blanchard, Reckord
Young, Hourihane, Blackman, Boco
Hayes, Reid

Subs:McCormick, Berry, Harvey, Morgan, Gurreri

So Sheridan has changed both CBs. Young, Blackman and Reid also in.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Correction: Bencherif instead of Morgan on the bench. Knew I wouldn't get all the nicknames correct.

Given our problems with scoring, not sure why he's used up 2 of his changes on the centre backs.

Presumably Blackman and Boco are on the wing so it's a different midfield set up at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:06 pm

WTF do Harvey and Gurrieri need to do to get a game ? move elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
WTF do Harvey and Gurrieri need to do to get a game ? move elsewhere.
BBC Wiltshire commentary Very Happy 

Actually don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Bit of a half and half team really. Not sure if that's Sheridan resting players or not scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Their bench includes Lee Cox, Danny Ngessian and Nile Ranger affraid 

They've made 6 changes from Saturday and have several debutants including two on loan from Spurs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Goal Blackman, 1-0 Argyle cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Good passing move, Blackman takes the ball 30 yards out and plays a neat one-two and hit's it low into the bottom corner from 18 yards. Took a slight deflection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread   Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Swindon in the JPT - Match Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next