Czarcasm
Flat_Track_Bully
Richard Blight
Lord Tisdale
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Four days to your cup final - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Feck me have you ever been to Tavvy Tis? Nestled between Dartmoor and Cornwall at the side of the river Tavy. Lovely cafes, butchers and bakers, a host of boozers. You are obviously trying to be a cnut, bit of advice mate, no need to try quite so hard it comes naturally to you.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Iggy wrote:
Feck me have you ever been to Tavvy Tis? Nestled between Dartmoor and Cornwall at the side of the river Tavy. Lovely cafes, butchers and bakers, a host of boozers. You are obviously trying to be a cnut, bit of advice mate, no need to try quite so hard it comes naturally to you.
He's not very observant either.I made no mention of "shitholes" in my previous post,just "shit pot outfits",there is a subtle difference to the discerning eye.Could have been any southern shit pot outfit as well-Newport,Exeter,Torquay,Cheltenham-all permanent lower league peas from the same pod.Poor fellow,gets too carried away to even be able to absorb text accurately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:28 pm

I know, he was manking on about us glorifying hoolies earlier after getting the wrong end of the stick again, it was him that was alluding to the seventies. scratch 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Iggy wrote:
I know, he was manking on about us glorifying hoolies earlier
Er, no Iggy, 'twere you that was larging it up about how you and your little gang of pre pubescent chums faced down the Slys, I have consistently denigrated knuckle dragging hoolies of all hues.

Tavvy, yeah been there, my SiL is from there, takes a team of horses to drag him back for even the shortest visit. You like to big up the fields, trees and shopping, bit gay that for an ageing hoolie, you forgot to mention the surfeit of fingers, toes, Hill Billies and closing time knife fights, which was odd again as apparently that seems to be your thang.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Got to say that Plymouth fans seem to be desperately clinging onto the sinking raft of what was in fact an underachieving and fairly uninspiring history.

Look into my eyes and repeat after me:-

We are a sh*t league 2 side, we are a sh*t league 2 side......

There, that's better isn't it, you can start enjoying yourself again now!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Greenskin wrote:

He's not very observant either.I made no mention of "shitholes" in my previous post.
Not a question of observation old thing, just clearing up any issue there may have been in the mind of a casual observer, a shit hole is a shit hole wherever it might be on the GPS, I am shore your initial post merely represented the degree of jealousy you feel toward all them tiny Northern shit holes, from your very own tiny South Western one, especially as most of them are above your local sleeping giants in the league and have been for some time now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Got to say that Plymouth fans seem to be desperately clinging onto the sinking raft of what was in fact an underachieving and fairly uninspiring history.

Look into my eyes and repeat after me:-

We are a sh*t league 2 side, we are a sh*t league 2 side......

There, that's better isn't it, you can start enjoying yourself again now!
You do know no one is disagreeing with you dont you?
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 pm

I've always been convinced that Argyle are not a sleeping giant at all, just a dwarf with a set of stepladders.Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Lets just ignore the two muppets from that toilet up the road, just leave this thread to them and they'll probably end up arguing with each other. They do seem to be getting awfully excited about their biggest game of the season this Saturday, maybe they think they're going to beat us for a change ?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Sturtz wrote:
I've always been convinced that Argyle are not a sleeping giant at all, just a dwarf with a set of stepladders.Laughing 
lol! 

Come on Sturtz we need a picture preview for our Cup Final on Saturday like your version of Argyle's history.

I won't argue with your earlier post as we're shite, likely to be for at least 5 years, even after the under investing Brenty boy goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Laughing like Sid James after reading that. Your saving grace is that you have humour. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Er, no Iggy, 'twere you that was larging it up about how you and your little gang of pre pubescent chums faced down the Slys, I have consistently denigrated knuckle dragging hoolies of all hues.

Tavvy, yeah been there, my SiL is from there, takes a team of horses to drag him back for even the shortest visit. You like to big up the fields, trees and shopping, bit gay that for an ageing hoolie, you forgot to mention the surfeit of fingers, toes, Hill Billies and closing time knife fights, which was odd again as apparently that seems to be your thang.
It was you that inferred I wasn't there in the seventies, I was regaling you with a story of how we had to get through your hoolies to get the train when I was about twelve, the fact that they ran off when we ran for the train was funny mate. No glory, I wasn't pretending to be the hardest twelve year old in the country innit? I wasn't a hoolie, yes I've had to fight to get into and out of matches in the the past, that was what it was like in the old second division, I knew you hadn't been there so was trying to let you know what it was like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Come back when you're more Dot Cotton or Kat Slater, or even Well Ard come to that.
Yep, and an Eastenders metaphor speaks volumes for this site's numero uno one trick pony, you just keep believing Rab and it will most certainly be true.
"Believing it"?

Tis you're a feckin joke. You're wound up to feck because you're shitting yourself about Saturday and it manifests itself in this desperate, unfunny, semi-literate character who is basically Ian Newell in the red and white striped shirt jocolor 

Go plan your Rio trip with your buddies. I hear there are a few tickets left Razz 

Bit below the belt that, jock? Come on take it easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Aww, has someone previously had a slap from one of Plymouth's stone islands? You're sounding a little emotionally vulnerable. It's not your fault, Tis. But then again, neither was it Iggy's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Will Tis be one of the four thousand exeter fans scattered about the Sid Pit this saturday?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:21 pm

So far Lord Tis despite all your vitriole you don't appear to have got one over on the green posters on this thread so far.Suspect 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Will Tis be one of the four thousand exeter fans scattered about the Sid Pit this saturday?
Probably, and will then be on here telling us all how shite we are and how great they are when they win, even tho no-one really cares because we have much bigger things to contemplate.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Nah Suffers, in truth I ain't that bothered plus I have this thing about putting money into the pockets if our current regime, If I can pluck up the courage to brave the Iggy Possee I may well do the return fixture.

There are also the small issues of it being a 450 mile round trip and the fact that I shall be working Saturday, maybe I can meet up with the rest of you non attenders in the chat room, tbh the 1pm KO doesn't help with that but I shall give it a go, wouldn't want any more stories being made up about my not facing the music.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:48 pm

mcfry wrote:
tho no-one really cares because we have much bigger things to contemplate.
You're right there, not something I guess you will have heard often, relegation to the Conference and an impending period in administration are big things.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

I wouldn't say that it is 'just another game'. It's obviously a local derby. It just doesn't have anything that special about it. I treat it as similar to playing Torquay. ..Portsmouth/Soton (is a) bigger game... for me.
But not for the Portsmouth fans apparently.

On the five Portsmouth forums there appears to be virtually no mention whatsoever of their forthcoming game against you. What comment there is concerns such things as self-congratulation on their away support in general based on the number of ticket sales - there is probably more discussion about Rochdale and there is certainly more mention of Southampton. I certainly can't find any of the normal signs that this fixture means anything at all to the majority of Portsmouth fans, let alone any indication that they think of you as "rivals" based on any spurious link concerning Naval dockyards. I saw absolutely none of the usual comments you would expect to find from fans about their genuine rivals- no insulting nicknames, no heightened desire to win, and no special trepidation at the prospect of losing.

This bears out my own experience. Living in and around London I imagine you get more opportunities to meet fans of other clubs socially than you might do in most other circumstances. I can honestly say that on the admittedly few occasions I have met Portsmouth supporters and mentioned that I'm a City fan, I have never once heard any of them refer to us having any sort of kindred rivalry with Argyle - in fact they've never given me any indication  that they think about you at all.

I suspect that their attitude to you is similar to the one you claim to have towards us - i.e indifference towards a significantly smaller club, with a considerably smaller fanbase, from a much smaller city and with a far less illustrious history -  compounded by the fact that like most people in the football world they probably regard all the clubs in Devon as a collection of  irrelevant bumpkins living in the Wild West, miles from anywhere else. That said, their indifference appears to be real and not feigned in order to put the other club down. It's hardly surprising - it must be the only fixture in the UK where two different clubs 170 miles apart in very different regions are claimed by some of the supporters of one of the clubs to be "rivals" of the other on the spurious basis of some kind of trade competition.

Before anyone protests about my description of Portsmouth as a much bigger city, by citing the arbitrary and completely bogus statistics used to laughably claim that Plymouth is the 11th, 14th, or 15th biggest city in the country (each different figure for Plymouth's relative size having been claimed in the past on both the Argyle forums and by those who have a vested interest in talking up Plymouth in the local bureaucracy) Portsmouth is much bigger than Plymouth in any meaningful comparison. In fact the Urban/Built-up areas of Portsmouth and Southampton have become so indistinct and intertwined physically, socially and economically and so densely populated (the highest population density in England outside Greater London) that the ONS now treat them as parts of one big population settlement of nearly a million. However even before this change the Urban Area population of Portsmouth alone was nearly twice that of Plymouth's.

Quote :
For Exeter fans however, it really does seem to be their cup final. Bless!

It depends how you look at it. I personally hate it - unless we win of course. Our record against you is is indifferent and I don't mind admitting that it hurts like hell to lose. And no - I very much doubt I will have the guts to come on here for a couple of weeks if we do.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 pm

ejh wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
...Tis you're a...semi-literate character who is basically Ian Newell in the red and white striped shirt jocolor 

Go plan your Rio trip with your buddies. I hear there are a few tickets left Razz 
Exactly. Comparing someone to Ian Newell is just sick. IMO it should lead to an instant ban on the grounds of offending public taste and decency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah but Tis is such a cock he deserves to be abused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 pm

The gut wrote,
"a significantly smaller club, with a considerably smaller fanbase, from a much smaller city and with a far less illustrious history"

a significantly smaller club:::::::::::::::::slightly smaller, imo.
a considerably smaller fanbase:::::::::::::::as above, imo.
a much smaller city:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::wrong, imo.
a far less illustrious history:::::::::::::::absolute bollocks, imo.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:23 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
ejh wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
...Tis you're a...semi-literate character who is basically Ian Newell in the red and white striped shirt jocolor 

Exactly. Comparing someone to Ian Newell is just sick. IMO it should lead to an instant ban on the grounds of offending public taste and decency.
This is getting out off hand, It only a game, our biggest enemy at the moment his Sir Brent and his bum boys. We the wife and I like to visit a lot of places in the south west and Exeter is one of them.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
mcfry wrote:
tho no-one really cares because we have much bigger things to contemplate.
You're right there, not something I guess you will have heard often, relegation to the Conference and an impending period in administration are big things.
Is that the best you can do?
cheers Razz Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four days to your cup final   Four days to your cup final - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four days to your cup final
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next