Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard Empty
PostSubject: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 am

Just a few hours until kick off at Lux Park, when Paul Sturrock will send out his 01-02 Championship winning team once again for a match against Liskeard.

Tickets are £8/£2, kick off at 2pm.

Come along and enjoy.

It's going to be a laugh.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:20 pm

OK its one way of seeing a proper team plat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Champions Reunited    Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:56 pm

A full report on a wonderful weekend of nostalgia, banter and friendship can be found here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are also some slightly less professional pics on Greens on Screen.

Last edited by John_Lloyd on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Looked like the lock-in had taken it's toll Very Happy 

Just looking at the players we had back then which is still the same division as we're in now doesn't seem possible Sad 
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 pm

I reckon that team would have beat Accers on Saturday
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Those were the days. Decent manager, decent players, decent club, decent fans.

I'm all misty-eyed. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

After the lock-in finished at around 4am, we were all misty-eyed, I can tell you.

I could hardly stand up properly to watch the game ten hours later. But they managed to play 90 minutes (with the odd break here and there).

Legends, one and all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:49 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Those were the days. Decent manager, decent players, decent club, decent fans.

I'm all misty-eyed.  Crying or Very sad 

Blimey we'll resurrect Frank Sinatra next to sing to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 pm

John, who can sup the most ale then? I can't imagine Larry keeping pace with some of the others unless it was wine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:12 pm

I was in no fit state to keep track of that sort of thing.

But it seemed like we all had roughly the same amount of jars on the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:24 pm

next year we should try and get the 2004 squad back together to play the current batch.

It will be a one sided affair (2004 team will win hands down) but that squad IMO was the best we ever had.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:56 pm

One of the things I always loved about Trigger was his ability, within a minute of running out, to look really scruffy, like a little boy playing football in the street. I'm pleased to see he hasn't changed a bit.

I gave serious thought to going on Sunday - wish I had now Sad 
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:17 pm

You could see the camaraderie was still there between Luggy and the players on the pitch at HT 10 years later. I don't think we're gonna see anything like that again for a very long time sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Mr Evans performed very well as a strolling midfield general on Sunday.

A bit like Pirlo.

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Peggy wrote:
One of the things I always loved about Trigger was his ability, within a minute of running out, to look really scruffy, like a little boy playing football in the street. I'm pleased to see he hasn't changed a bit.

I gave serious thought to going on Sunday - wish I had now Sad 
Remember reading a brilliant description of Mickey on an Everton website after we played them in the cup a few years ago and he gave their centre half a right good going over-it was something like "Evans looks like he should be fighting polecats or ferrets at the local fair".lol! Could do with him in the team now though-not a prolific scorer but target man without equal in this division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:38 pm

John_Lloyd wrote:
Mr Evans performed very well as a strolling midfield general on Sunday.

A bit like Pirlo.

Very Happy 

Maybe Chadwick could take on that roll ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard   Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard Empty

Back to top Go down

Today at 2pm - Come to Liskeard
Page 1 of 1