Tringreen
green_genie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

Green Genie Post about the Stand Empty
PostSubject: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:12 am

Done a little bit of research into procedures.

Akkeron cannot commence the development until they acquire the freehold of the land as it is the site of he hotel and part of the multiplex.

PCC have obligation under s123 to advertise the intention to dispose of the land for two consecutive weeks. Before PCC can dispose (sell) the public open space land in question to Akkeron or actually HHP Nominee Ltd (we'll come back to this company) it has to demonstrate that it has got best price for the land. That would depend on the view of the District Valuer and based on the Cabinet report of 3rd September this was intimated although the report was never made public, which I would have thought it should have been for proper procedure.

Also to fully comply with the correct legislation the notice has to declare who the land is being disposed to and for how much so an alternative offer can be made if wanted.

Any objections in writing have to be properly considered by the Council.

At best this will cause delay unless it can be proved the proper process has not been followed.

From what we have seen in the Planning Report (which stretched Town & Country Planning Guidance into a knot which should have still only had one result) and especially at the Planning Meeting with the way they led the Councillors I cannot see it being more than a delay.

Strikes me that Brent is struggling with negotiotions for car park and Ice rink to complete his funding.

The parking strategy for Central Park has to be resolved and the only way that can happen is for PCC to charge in the Life Centre and Park & Ride. If I were NCP I would want assurance that PCC will be introducing fees to other central park car parks before signing contracts.

Delay is costly with contracts tightly drawn. PCC may have screwed up on the process of advertising the s123 land disposal and that will add to anxiety at Akkeron or HHP Nominee Ltd, which appears to only have James Brent as a named director.

Out of interest the original HHP land purchased is now owned by HHP Nominee Ltd. Nominee companies are often quite secretive and it would be interesting to learn why the land was transferred to this company.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:27 am

This from FOCP on f/b.

Ian Craft

I don't know if you are still interested at all in pursuing this development but I have just been told re the piece of land gifted to Akkeron (or whatever other company is involved in this) that if anybody submits an objection, it has to go back to a council meeting.

Good luck.
Like · · Share · 43 · 10
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 am

green_genie wrote:

Akkeron cannot commence the development until they acquire the freehold of the land as it is the site of he hotel and part of the multiplex.

PCC have obligation under s123 to advertise the intention to dispose of the land for two consecutive weeks. Before PCC can dispose (sell) the public open space land in question to Akkeron or actually HHP Nominee Ltd (we'll come back to this company) it has to demonstrate that it has got best price for the land. That would depend on the view of the District Valuer and based on the Cabinet report of 3rd September this was intimated although the report was never made public, which I would have thought it should have been for proper procedure.

Also to fully comply with the correct legislation the notice has to declare who the land is being disposed to and for how much so an alternative offer can be made if wanted.

At best this will cause delay unless it can be proved the proper process has not been followed.

From what we have seen in the Planning Report (which stretched Town & Country Planning Guidance into a knot which should have still only had one result) and especially at the Planning Meeting with the way they led the Councillors I cannot see it being more than a delay.

Strikes me that Brent is struggling with negotiotions for car park and Ice rink to complete his funding.

The parking strategy for Central Park has to be resolved and the only way that can happen is for PCC to charge in the Life Centre and Park & Ride. If I were NCP I would want assurance that PCC will be introducing fees to other central park car parks before signing contracts.

Delay is costly with contracts tightly drawn. PCC may have screwed up on the process of advertising the s123 land disposal and that will add to anxiety at Akkeron or HHP Nominee Ltd, which appears to only have James Brent as a named director.

Out of interest the original HHP land purchased is now owned by HHP Nominee Ltd. Nominee companies are often quite secretive and it would be interesting to learn why the land was transferred to this company.
Really, really important this doesn't get lost in amongst the other irrelevant crap ...

Edit: Massive thanks to gg as ever sunny 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Peggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:

Really, really important this doesn't get lost in amongst the other irrelevant crap ...

All good stuff for shore. Is there an actual body watching this or do we do it ourselves, hopelessly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Peggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:

All good stuff for shore.  Is there an actual body watching this or do we do it ourselves, hopelessly?
So does this mean that an adventurous person could put a bid of feck all in for the land, same as Brent's getting it for, to open up a humungous sports bar? Now that would be really funny lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Those were my thoughts Jock, can anyone put in an offer in for this chunk of land?
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:10 pm

GOB wrote:

Those were my thoughts Jock, can anyone put in an offer in for this chunk of land?
Jb hasn't been gifted this land, there is a fee for it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Yep, he did pay £400k?

Then again there is a bit of contentious land that was gifted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Which is what then Rappers? They should publish how much it is openly so that the electorate can SEE that PCC have got best value for it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm

The starting point is £30k pa for the gifted land.  Like it or not Brent does seem covered.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:25 pm

It would be fun to find someone with a bit of bunce to put in a higher offer...... Shame the Trust didn't raise that £400k. Could have had a bit of fun with that one. Will do the lottery tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Iggy wrote:
Which is what then Rappers? They should publish how much it is openly so that the electorate can SEE that PCC have got best value for it.
I'm entirely sure but I believe it's in the 200k range.

Pcc should advertise the figure as GG has said further up. The point of these ads is to be transparent and let people know what's going on. Not something pcc excel at!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Have I got it completely wrong then? I thought the additional land was being given to Brent but the rent was increased by £30k a year.

If I'm wrong then just ignore me, I've been ill for a few days.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:09 pm

I thought that it was gifted to tidy up the freehold leasehold situation? They couldn't complete the planning process until the land had been changed to freehold.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: aaa   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:46 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
It would be fun to find someone with a bit of bunce to put in a higher offer......  Shame the Trust didn't raise that £400k.  Could have had a bit of fun with that one.  Will do the lottery tonight!!!

the trust were NEVER EVER going to raise 400k. just a diversion intended to divide.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Split by me as this is too good a piece of information to be lost in the stand sinking support thread.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:41 pm

FOCP is objecting

Veronica Graham I have written an objection in now to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and addressed it to Mr Shepperd Quote
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Another objection from FOCP face book

I have sent an email tonight to the email address where the documents are posted and if I don't receive a response by Tuesday I will follow up with a phone call. I find it odd that there is no mention of the protocol and process if one wants to object - very remiss of our planning department. Oh wait - it's just totally indicative of either their incompetence or the fact that they are in Tudor Evans' pocket.....Quote
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Have merged all the posts arising from Green Genie's post.

Sorry if this has confused anyone!

You just can't trust goats! Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
GOB wrote:

Jb hasn't been gifted this land, there is a fee for it.
How much and who is paying it: Argyle or Akkeron?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Elias wrote:
mannameadbabe wrote:
It would be fun to find someone with a bit of bunce to put in a higher offer......  Shame the Trust didn't raise that £400k.  Could have had a bit of fun with that one.  Will do the lottery tonight!!!
the trust were NEVER EVER going to raise 400k. just a diversion intended to divide.
And nor should they have even tried to.

How is 20% of a business running at a loss, with no assets and £5m of debt with no place on the board worth £400,000 of anybody's money?

Only an idiot would enter into such a deal.

Looking back that was the first obvious sign that Brent was completely and utterly taking the piss put of us all. And nothing that has happened since has lessened that impression.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
The starting point is £30k pa for the gifted land.  Like it or not Brent does seem covered.

Yes, the land would be owned by Brent, but argyle will pay the rent

Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:02 am

The land in question amounts to 1.22 acres and is part of the Home Park stadium lease for which the football club pay £135,000 per year. The proposal is to sell the freehold of that land to HHP Nominee Ltd, one of James Brent's companies that is being used to build the overall HHP development.

The Council have agreed a price of £228,000 with JB for the land based on the recommendations of the District Valuer as representing a fair price for the land. The land is to be the the site of the proposed hotel and part of the cinema. If the freehold of the land is not sold then the development cannot commence. The advert is part of the requirement of the Council to advertise the disposal ( sale) of open space. The Council then have to consider any objections before formally agreeing to the sale.

The additional £30,000 is the additional rent the football club would have to pay once the grandstand is complete increasing it to £165,000 if the club are still in League 2.

Those are the facts. All the information is freely available on the Council's website. The report in question is the Cabinet report dated 3rd September 2013
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:18 am

So anybody got £229,000?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:11 pm

[quote="Iggy"]So anybody got £229,000?[/quote

I won £10 on last night lotto £219,000 to go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Genie Post about the Stand   Green Genie Post about the Stand Empty

Back to top Go down

Green Genie Post about the Stand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next