Earwegoagain
Greenskin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Green machine v Forest Green no hopers Empty
PostSubject: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 10:44 am

Duncan disorderly hits Plymouth today-can't ever remember seeing him play down here but he was a fecking good centre forward. Took on a bit of a poisoned chalice at FGR and so far hasn't won a game which is a bit nerve inducing but if complacency doesn't set in on the pitch and in the stands then Argyle should do the business with a bit of comfort against FGR who tend to leak goals like a sieve.

3-0

Ennis,Wright 2
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 10:57 am

I'm going for 3 1 to Argyle with everyone around us losing today.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 am

4-1 Argo, Big Dunc to nut Shoe E and knock his 4 front teef out then resign and return to Everton where he will eventually lead their under 14s to the north west superbowl final 2027 at Fleetwoods Highbury ground.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:27 am

Don’t think it’ll be as easy as the league table suggests but a win is a must and I think we’ll do it.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:33 am

Greenskin wrote:
Duncan disorderly hits Plymouth today-can't ever remember seeing him play down here but he was a fecking good centre forward. Took on a bit of a poisoned chalice at FGR and so far hasn't won a game which is a bit nerve inducing but if complacency doesn't set in on the pitch and in the stands then Argyle should do the business with a bit of comfort against FGR who tend to leak goals like a sieve.

3-0

Ennis,Wright 2

He was always being tipped to be the next Everton manager never getting the job for whatever reason so i guess taking this job is his way of getting the experience ready to land that job in future.

good centre forward i agree, bit of a thug on the pitch in fact didnt he get sent to prison for a on field incident?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:36 am

Forest Green have spent all morning in the Bus station practicing their parking, once our first goal goes in then the floodgates will open.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:45 am

Will be very tough today.  I expect FGR to score first after Argo inevitably give the ball away again in a dangerous area.  Hopeless first half ends at 0-1. Then things pick up after the break after Schuey makes changes and Argo get an equaliser but sustained pressure fails to produce a winner with chance after chance going begging.  Ipswich thrash Shrewsbury and Barnsley easily brush aside Wycombe.  Auto promotion all but gone at 16:50 today.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:46 am

Think I’ll go and shoot myself!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:53 am

Freathy wrote:
Will be very tough today.  I expect FGR to score first after Argo inevitably give the ball away again in a dangerous area.  Hopeless first half ends at 0-1. Then things pick up after the break after Schuey makes changes and Argo get an equaliser but sustained pressure fails to produce a winner with chance after chance going begging.  Ipswich thrash Shrewsbury and Barnsley easily brush aside Wycombe.  Auto promotion all but gone at 16:50 today.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 12:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

3-0

Ennis,Wright 2

He was always being tipped to be the next Everton manager never getting the job for whatever reason so i guess taking this job is his way of getting the experience ready to land that job in future.

good centre forward i agree, bit of a thug on the pitch in fact didnt he get sent to prison for a on field incident?

Yep,3 months for a classic Glasgae kiss. Also hospitalised a burglar and jointly holds the record for most red cards in the premier league. Not a man to be messed with is our Dunc.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 12:10 pm

Freathy wrote:

Bleddy green tints
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 12:37 pm

Got to get back to winning ways today against FGR, going for 4-0.

FGR fighting for their lives but Argyle should have enough in them to see off any threat posed. Personally, I think FGR are already down.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Got a feeling today were gunna bag a hat full today against Big Dunc’s firm 3 or 4 goal turn out today and hopefully restore confidence for this promotion push
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 1:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
4-1 Argo, Big Dunc to nut Shoe E and knock his 4 front teef out then resign and return to Everton where he will eventually lead their under 14s to the north west superbowl final 2027 at Fleetwoods Highbury ground.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 2:15 pm

Freathy wrote:

Well, never expected that negativity from the ever optimistic, glass half full Freathy.

Argyle to win, WW to take a point from the "ecky thumpers"
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 6:02 pm

Has to be the most boring 3 points ever, but I'll take it. Even this match thread has succumbed to expectant lethargy. Goodnight
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:23 pm

'twas not an enjoyable watch for sure. Seems that FGR came with the sole intention of a 10 man defence in situ with the hope of the odd counter attack and it was a good job that Argyle got the early goal or patience may have run out with very unwanted consequences. Very unusual for Argyle to score a headed goal let alone two in the same game but a couple of good deliveries from Houghton and Wilson set up Bolton and Bali to find the net. Apart from a shot from Mayor deflected onto a post not really much else to remember in the way of chances-Garrick, who got a good reception from the crowd, fired just over as did Ennis but probably best to say job done and move on. Some nice gallows humour from the FGR fans after they had a shot in the first half-"can we play you every week", "one nil, it's only one nil" it-kudos to them for that. One other thing-how does Mumba keep getting MOM? Nice goal,but hardly got a touch otherwise especially in the first half [not his fault to be fair, some of the service was diabolical].It was difficult to pick one out but Bolton scored and was solid enough when call upon, more deserving imho.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 9:20 pm

ive never been in danger of falling asleep at a football game but i was very close too in the first half. Nothing happen of worth despite the goal which given the fans reaction many missed as the pop wasnt as loud as usual especially when Mumba scored.

Forest green you would have thought would have been up for the game today given their league status atm and being the eco warriors that they are be hell bent on avenging the fallen trees in the city centre (should we start a thread on that i wonder) but no they looked as if they where trying not to get hammered and settle for a draw.
It was a professional performance to say the least not a pretty win but the 3 points are much welcome as is the clean sheet given last week's result it the response we needed. Another important game on tuesday night before we have the week off before the wembley trip so no taking our foot of the pedal.

got to say the random armed forces day the club runs need to be better planned and ran as they get more and more low key with each passing season. Just a side note.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 10:37 pm

Angry wrote:
ive never been in danger of falling asleep at a football game but i was very close too in the first half. Nothing happen of worth despite the goal which given the fans reaction many missed as the pop wasnt as loud as usual especially when Mumba scored.

Forest green you would have thought would have been up for the game today given their league status atm and being the eco warriors that they are be hell bent on avenging the fallen trees in the city centre (should we start a thread on that i wonder) but no they looked as if they where trying not to get hammered and settle for a draw.
It was a professional performance to say the least not a pretty win but the 3 points are much welcome as is the clean sheet given last week's result it the response we needed. Another important game on tuesday night before we have the week off before the wembley trip so no taking our foot of the pedal.

got to say the random armed forces day the club runs need to be better planned and ran as they get more and more low key with each passing season. Just a side note.

Yea I thought the armed forces day was crap, I know our military strength is low but that was a pretty poor show today
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 11:21 pm

On today's showing I'm more convinced than ever Argo will still be a L1 club next season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 10:50 am

Greenskin wrote:
'twas not an enjoyable watch for sure. Seems that FGR came with the sole intention of a 10 man defence in situ with the hope of the odd counter attack and it was a good job that Argyle got the early goal or patience may have run out with very unwanted consequences. Very unusual for Argyle to score a headed goal let alone two in the same game but a couple of good deliveries from Houghton and Wilson set up Bolton and Bali to find the net. Apart from a shot from Mayor deflected onto a post not really much else to remember in the way of chances-Garrick, who got a good reception from the crowd, fired just over as did Ennis but probably best to say job done and move on. Some nice gallows humour from the FGR fans after they had a shot in the first half-"can we play you every week", "one nil, it's only one nil" it-kudos to them for that. One other thing-how does Mumba keep getting MOM? Nice goal,but hardly got a touch otherwise especially in the first half [not his fault to be fair, some of the service was diabolical].It was difficult to pick one out but Bolton scored and was solid enough when call upon, more deserving imho.

Was thinking the same myself, I thought Bolton was solid yesterday and I would have given MOM to Butcher who I think is becoming a decent player for us. Poorest atmosphere in any game since Argyle v Oxford in about early 90's under evil Dan, was dreadful.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:18 pm

Three points is three points.

Wednesday V Barnsley Tuesday, and with ourselves away at Accy on the same evening, there is much at stake.

Argyle have simply got to win at Accy, no idea on how to call Wednesday V Barnsley. A Yorkshire derby that is bound to be edgy. If pushed I would take a draw in that one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:48 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Wednesday V Barnsley Tuesday, and with ourselves away at Accy on the same evening, there is much at stake.

Argyle have simply got to win at Accy, no idea on how to call Wednesday V Barnsley. A Yorkshire derby that is bound to be edgy. If pushed I would take a draw in that one.

I would rather Wednesday won that and obviously we need to beat Accy, that would give us an eleven point lead on Barnsley with only eight games left. I can handle not being champs.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I would rather Wednesday won that and obviously we need to beat Accy, that would give us an eleven point lead on Barnsley with only eight games left. I can handle not being champs.

Yeah, thought about that outcome too - the better result for Argyle, should they beat Accy.

Just have a feeling it could be a draw up there in Yorkshire, as both sides playing well and neither will want to lose it.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 10:01 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Yeah, thought about that outcome too - the better result for Argyle, should they beat Accy.

Just have a feeling it could be a draw up there in Yorkshire, as both sides playing well and neither will want to lose it.

Far from a disaster what we don't want is Barnsley win.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green machine v Forest Green no hopers   Green machine v Forest Green no hopers Empty

Back to top Go down

Green machine v Forest Green no hopers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next