GreenSam
Tringreen
seadog
Dougie
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Let's face it we've got a manager most people are pleased with, a goalkeeper who is supposed to be playing two leagues below his rightful standard, two strikers who are league one players supposedly and a couple of players in Boco and Alessandro who scored regularly for other sides last season so it means were still 5 players short of a decent league two side.

Mid table obscurity at very, very best.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:28 am

We have an OK manager but a truly terrible team. But it's a terrible division full of terrible teams so we will survive - I agree mid-table shiteness is all we'll 'celebrate' this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:35 am

Freathy wrote:
We have an OK manager but a truly terrible team.  But it's a terrible division full of terrible teams so we will survive - I agree mid-table shiteness is all we'll 'celebrate' this season.
Isnt that James Brent,s master-plan until he has his "development" ?!
Be bleddy grateful...............................jocolor jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Dougie wrote:
We was mugged and no mistake.  But only because our own ineptitude.  Went to sleep after we scored.  Totally unacceptable.  And because of a totally woeful second half.

I'm not good at the tactic stuff.  But in the first half we seemed to be playing some kind of unsophisticated hoof ball relying on Morgan out muscling his defender.  If he spent more time attacking the ball rather than his marker we might get something out of him.  The upside was that it looked like we were going for it away from home.  The downside is it becomes predictable.  Morecambe were more patient and slightly more inventive going forward and it paid dividends in the 2nd half.  They worked us out.  Pushed up against our midfield (who in the games I've seen can only play if the opposition let them) and smothered the life out of our team.  No plan B.  Passes going backwards or five yards sideways was our only response.

Now Morecambe are not world beaters by any stretch but we are no better.  And that means it sad to see we are still just a very average 4th division football club.  In a lot of ways Morecambe are living the dream of merely league 2 football and in a lot of ways we are still living a nightmare by being in the same division.

I hear all the arguments for having a new grandstand but being there at the end today I couldn't help singing in my head to Brent and his cookie crew "you can stick your new grandstand up your a**e"
Although the fare on the pitch was disappointing,Morecambe have a nice shiny grandstand,the pies were excellent,and the post match fireworks were very good...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Dougie wrote:
We was mugged and no mistake.  But only because our own ineptitude.  Went to sleep after we scored.  Totally unacceptable.  And because of a totally woeful second half.

I'm not good at the tactic stuff.  But in the first half we seemed to be playing some kind of unsophisticated hoof ball relying on Morgan out muscling his defender.  If he spent more time attacking the ball rather than his marker we might get something out of him.  The upside was that it looked like we were going for it away from home.  The downside is it becomes predictable.  Morecambe were more patient and slightly more inventive going forward and it paid dividends in the 2nd half.  They worked us out.  Pushed up against our midfield (who in the games I've seen can only play if the opposition let them) and smothered the life out of our team.  No plan B.  Passes going backwards or five yards sideways was our only response.

Now Morecambe are not world beaters by any stretch but we are no better.  And that means it sad to see we are still just a very average 4th division football club.  In a lot of ways Morecambe are living the dream of merely league 2 football and in a lot of ways we are still living a nightmare by being in the same division.

I hear all the arguments for having a new grandstand but being there at the end today I couldn't help singing in my head to Brent and his cookie crew "you can stick your new grandstand up your a**e"
Although the fare on the pitch was disappointing,Morecambe have a nice shiny grandstand,the pies were excellent,and the post match fireworks were very good...
cheers A nice shiny grandstand and fireworks. That's how to get them flocking to the game, feck all this decent players bollocks and competetive budgets, just make sure the pies are up to scratch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
Dougie wrote:

cheers A nice shiny grandstand and fireworks. That's how to get them flocking to the game, feck all this decent players bollocks and competetive budgets, just make sure the pies are up to scratch.
In the name of the dimwits........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Looks like Nool has seen this thread Dougie, yet he "hasn't read that place for months"

Nool on the farm wrote:
Is that you Dougie? :funny:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Why anyone would want to travel all the way to morecombe to watch brents dogshit version of argyle is beyond me, then spend the night there with a bunch of coneheads like nool ffs, you could'nt make it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Looks like Nool has seen this thread Dougie, yet he "hasn't read that place for months"

Nool on the farm wrote:
Is that you Dougie?  :funny:
Nool's tickled Su's fancy with that comment, nudge nudge wink wink Wink 

Obviously an in-joke from the saps who stayed overnight together in Morecambe. Can you just imagine sitting on a coach with that bunch of tossers for 6 hours or so then not even getting a drink before the game because you're stood outside the ground handing out Pasoti mugs and THEN having to spend the night with them all listening to each others tales of how they saved the club?

All that after losing to the might of Morecambe!

I'd rather be in Syria right now with a "feck you Obama" sign hung around my neck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Nool on the farm wrote:

Obviously an in-joke from the saps who stayed overnight together in Morecambe. Can you just imagine sitting on a coach with that bunch of tossers for 6 hours or so then not even getting a drink before the game because you're stood outside the ground handing out Pasoti mugs and THEN having to spend the night with them all listening to each others tales of how they saved the club?

I'd rather be in Syria right now with a "feck you Obama" sign hung around my neck.
Maybe she tickled his fancy last night in the hotel room Wink 

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Nool on the farm wrote:

Maybe she tickled his fancy last night in the hotel room Wink 

lol! 
Not his type. He prefers big hairy assed Gulls fans called Dave in his hotel room.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 am

Greenjock wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
Dougie wrote:

All 1,796 of them lol! 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 am

Having read all the comments - having just watched the post match Sheridan interview my overiding thought is, Sheridan stop whining about players talking off the pitch and SORT IT!
We dont need to bring Brent's non investing strategy into the argument we all know what's going on it,s a given he will shove off at the right time with a smile on his face and a few more noughts in his corporate account.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 am

akagreengull wrote:
Having read all the comments - having just watched the post match Sheridan interview my overiding thought is, Sheridan stop whining about players talking off the pitch and SORT IT!
We dont need to bring Brent's non investing strategy into the argument we all know what's going on it,s a given he will shove off at the right time with a smile on his face and a few more noughts in his corporate account.
Don't fink he's fought it frough yet himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:06 am

If we are frustrated imagine how Sheridan feels, getting outplayed by little teams with bigger budgets than us week in, week out, he knows better than us how easy it would be to climb out of this league with a little money but we get the yet to be proved "sustainable model".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 am

Iggy wrote:
If we are frustrated imagine how Sheridan feels, getting outplayed by little teams with bigger budgets than us week in, week out, he knows better than us how easy it would be to climb out of this league with a little money but we get the yet to be proved "sustainable model".
Not to mention that any Argyle team winning and in contention for automatic promotion, always brings in the crowds, particularly in the second half of the season.
Money spent wisely will be recouped through the turnstyles.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:34 am

Yea Man wrote:

Nool on the farm wrote:
I can't belive for a minute that's about me. Fancy going on a long long trip to Morecambe and there is nothing better than that subject for conversation and humour. That would take sad and lonely to new heights.

I suppose the proof will be our favourite private investigator takes on the work of finding out my parents address.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mugged at Morecombe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2