seadog
Dougie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Mugged at Morecombe Empty
PostSubject: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 am

Aviva Alert

I'm off up to Morecombe later today hoping to grab three points, a Pasoti mug and some cockles (oh er missus)

I shall mostly be found at the in laws house, Brucciani's a wonderful cafe from a different era( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and the wondefully nutty Old Pier Book Shop ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

You will not find me slumming it with super fans at the Midland Hotel, on the black pasty or out on a post match lash with the club president.

Last edited by Dougie on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:09 am

Geddon, call yourself a real fan! Have a good time and fingers well and truly crossed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 am

Dougie wrote:
Aviva Alert

I'm off up to Morecombe later today hoping to grab three points, a Pasoti mug and some cockles (oh er missus)

I shall mostly be found at the in laws house, Brucciani's a wonderful cafe from a different era(http://www.classiccafes.co.uk/bruccianispecial.htm) and the wondefully nutty Old Pier Book Shop (http://www.nothingtoseehere.net/2009/03/the_old_pier_bookshop_morecamb.html)

You will not find me slumming it with super fans at the Midland Hotel, on the black pasty or out on a post match lash with the club president.
The Windsor Boys can't get 'lashed' on Cocacola shorely drunken 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 am

Bloody hell I'm known as Aviva in chief on here and I'm not even dragging myself to this one. Kudos to all those who are, have a good one.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:13 am

There are one or two more Aviva than you on here Sam.Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:58 am

Dougie wrote:
Aviva Alert

I shall mostly be found at the in laws house, Brucciani's a wonderful cafe from a different era(http://www.classiccafes.co.uk/bruccianispecial.htm) and the wondefully nutty Old Pier Book Shop (http://www.nothingtoseehere.net/2009/03/the_old_pier_bookshop_morecamb.html)

I'll look out for the incriminating evidence on Greensonscreen lol! 
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Dougie wrote:
Aviva Alert

Bring us back a stick of rock...ideally with the words 'King Aviva' engraved on the inside
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Enjoy Dougie. Walking Merte point tomorrow afternoon with the family. Even given their moronic arguments and a few pints I still aplaud thee. Have a great weekend and here's to three points.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Good luck Dougie.

I'm going to Falmouth on the train (railcard innit) for a long, long walk with my big brother, who I haven't seen (although spoken to / communicated with regular like) for about fifteen months. He's bringing packed lunches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 pm

If you gave us the sandwhich fillings Peggy you could have combined match day with mundanity.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:36 pm

After spending many years living in the area of Morecombe bay, I wish you t' best o' British. Good area for cycling though. Hope you don't return with a funny accent.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
If you gave us the sandwhich fillings Peggy you could have combined match day with mundanity.... Smile
Always leave them wanting more, Pokey, always leave them wanting more.

I won't know the fillings til he gets the lunches out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:10 pm

hippo wrote:
After spending many years living in the area of Morecombe bay, I wish you t' best o' British.  Good area for cycling though.  Hope you don't return with a funny accent.    

Have they changed the spelling since you were last there ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Another bad news week so expect at least one goal, 1-0 to us or 1-1. Strongest side will be put forth, guaranteed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:25 pm

My dad was born in a village right across the bay from Morecambe. It is a beautiful part of the Country around there although I confess to not having visited it for a long time now. Morecambe used to be the equivalent of Torquay to Paignton compared to Blackpool in the olden days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 pm

I guess it'll be an early indicator of whether we really could be challenging for promotion.

Morecambe aren't a strong side and will finish mid table at best.

If we could win, when was the last time we won 3 league games on the trot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:41 am

We gonna do 'em innit. RRROOOOAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am

I'm strangely optimistic about today.

It's quite a weird feeling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:53 pm

A good friend of mine, who is an excellent reader of the game btw, watched Argyle v Rochcale last week, he reckons that Ried and especially Morgan will cause any defence problems in this league, if we can keep them fit they will bring others into the game. He said that in the second half when we stopped getting the ball up front we were pegged back, let's keep the momentum up and grab points whilst we can, I want all three today.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I guess it'll be an early indicator of whether we really could be challenging for promotion.

March! (Fleetwood, Southend, Exeter)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Dougie wrote:
Aviva Alert

I shall mostly be found at the in laws house, Brucciani's a wonderful cafe from a different era( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and the wondefully nutty Old Pier Book Shop ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

My deepest condolences.
Not off to the Hotel to share a lemonade with the Superfan posse? !lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:19 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

March! (Fleetwood, Southend, Exeter)
Still is the last time too Razz 

One shot on target in 90 minutes just aint feckin good enough by a long way.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:29 pm

Just watched the goals on SSN,Trotman appeared to be at fault for both-poor clearance for the first one and very slow reacting to a seemingly routine ball for the second.Hope this isn't the first real evidence of sowing as you reap as far as signing players that nobody else wants is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 pm

We was mugged and no mistake. But only because our own ineptitude. Went to sleep after we scored. Totally unacceptable. And because of a totally woeful second half.

I'm not good at the tactic stuff. But in the first half we seemed to be playing some kind of unsophisticated hoof ball relying on Morgan out muscling his defender. If he spent more time attacking the ball rather than his marker we might get something out of him. The upside was that it looked like we were going for it away from home. The downside is it becomes predictable. Morecambe were more patient and slightly more inventive going forward and it paid dividends in the 2nd half. They worked us out. Pushed up against our midfield (who in the games I've seen can only play if the opposition let them) and smothered the life out of our team. No plan B. Passes going backwards or five yards sideways was our only response.

Now Morecambe are not world beaters by any stretch but we are no better. And that means it sad to see we are still just a very average 4th division football club. In a lot of ways Morecambe are living the dream of merely league 2 football and in a lot of ways we are still living a nightmare by being in the same division.

I hear all the arguments for having a new grandstand but being there at the end today I couldn't help singing in my head to Brent and his cookie crew "you can stick your new grandstand up your a**e"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mugged at Morecombe   Mugged at Morecombe Empty

Back to top Go down

Mugged at Morecombe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next