hippo
lawnmowerman
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

pcc hands over land to brent  Empty
PostSubject: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Just seen this over on the Herald site brent/akkeron is to be givern the freehold to land that is currently leasehold but pafc must pay a extra £30,000 in rent per year. Councillor Dr Mahoney views it as a sleight of hand.

As we have all said before so much info about this development is being withheld and we are being drip fed bad news bit by bit this has to stop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Just seen this over on the Herald site brent/akkeron is to be givern the freehold to land that is currently leasehold but pafc must pay a extra £30,000 in rent per year. Councillor Dr Mahoney views it as a sleight of hand.

As we have all said before so much info about this development is being withheld and we are being drip fed bad news bit by bit this has to stop.

I can't do highlights, but the bit about drip feeding needs to be. (or I agree)
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:58 pm

So basically the land goes to Akkeron but the cost goes to PAFC as increased rent.

Also...

Peverell councillor Dr John Mahony criticised the move, saying many people did not realise that the land was owned by Argyle because it had never been fenced off.
"It doesn't quite amount to selling off the park because Argyle already owns the lease. But I view it as a sleight of hand. I think the building is just too big and that is why it has overspilled the freehold. This is slightly less than transparent in that it is being done after planning permission was granted."

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:38 pm

So PAFC get a "free" redeveloped main stand, but the rent goes up by £30k?

That's certainly a new definition of the word "free"

What next,

"free match day buses-tickets £5.00"

"Free parking-£2.50 an hour"
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 pm

hardly a suprise is it ? !!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:14 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
So basically the land goes to Akkeron but the cost goes to PAFC as increased rent.

Also...

Peverell councillor Dr John Mahony criticised the move, saying many people did not realise that the land was owned by Argyle because it had never been fenced off.
"It doesn't quite amount to selling off the park because Argyle already owns the lease. But I view it as a sleight of hand. I think the building is just too big and that is why it has overspilled the freehold. This is slightly less than transparent in that it is being done after planning permission was granted."

devious isnt a strong enough word. i said it from the off that Brent would ask for more and more of the central park for his money making ways, Dont think for one minute that cottage field wont be built on at some point within 5 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am

Tudor Evans in The Herald today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:51 am

"Now it seems that the Herald allows anyone to make completely inaccurate claims on its letter pages and hide behind anonymity. Not much different from the cowardly internet trolls that snipe anonymously from their bedrooms.

The Herald asks its correspondents to state why they wish to remain anonymous."

Fill your boots! clown
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 am

I've commented and do not wish to remain anonymous. I've used my real name.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 pm

There are a few excellent comments in the Herald. I think My Evans is panicking a little and if he isn't, then he should be.

This is worthy of its own thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

He's feeling the heat and quite rightly so. Nobody's even commented on the civic centre bullshit and how Akkeron were advertising themselves as the preferred bidder months before it was announced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm

I think that the guy has got a nerve complaining, cant stand the heat Tudor, do one for all our sakes.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:09 am

GOB wrote:

There are a few excellent comments in the Herald. I think My Evans is panicking a little and if he isn't, then he should be.

This is worthy of its own thread.
Agree. This is a very interesting stance for this sell out of a man to take. Maybe he does have something to hide.....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 am

Taxi for Tudor !
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 am

He doth protest too much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:10 pm

He doth indeed and judging by the comments on there he may have shot himself in the foot - though that's only a handful, I suppose. I wonder how may people read the on-line Herald.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:02 pm

I know some people don't like the word, but we on ATD have developed a good sense of when someone is actually a Cnut.

I think I can say with some confidence, Tudor Evans = Cnut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I know some people don't like the word, but we on ATD have developed a good sense of when someone is actually a Cnut.

I think I can say with some confidence, Tudor Evans = Cnut.
This
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Biggest example of one that I've ever seen. If he has done something dodgy he will be found out - perhaps he's a bit of a thick tw@t too...... he's certainly made himself look guilty of something with that Herald piece
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:37 am

Close to the end of his rant this statement is what makes my blood boil 'The development at Home Park is good for Plymouth' - fcuking arrogance, total sellout taff!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:22 am

Very, very interesting comments been posted by Peter G Brooksbank!

Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:33 am

I think that this was the guy that was at the second FoCP meeting I attended - (having been insufficiently intimidated to attend a further one after the Cherrytree-gate) - he is a prospective candidate for UKIP and had plenty to say about the dodgy practices deployed by PCC in all areas of its business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 am

Certainly interesting and certainly shows that the opposition to the HHP plans isn't solely based on the "I want a bigger stand" or the tree-hugger campaigners. I'd be more interested if it wasn't clearly an election campaign letter.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 am

It seems Tudor has shot himself in the foot big time over this, as others have said, the perception he is giving out is one ridden with panic and guilt.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:31 am

I would panic if I were him. What a bloody gift to a prospective candidate of the opposition standing in the Milehouse and Peverell wards especially and not to underestimate the effect upon the wider geographical area
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pcc hands over land to brent    pcc hands over land to brent  Empty

Back to top Go down

pcc hands over land to brent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next