GreenSam
Damon.Lenszner
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

Marvin Morgan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Gordon Sparks ‏@SparksyOnRadio 3h

Former Shrewsbury forward Marvin Morgan seems to be looking forward to joining #pafc tomorrow

He got Banton wrong,
I still think there's a good chance of Banton.

IF Banton does sign, then he's naturally got an eye for goal and if MM allows RR to play in the role he did at Rotherham and Yeovil then I think the goals could be more forthcoming from him too. Hopefully the goalscoring problem will look a bit less worrying this time next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I know we're scraping the bottom of the barrel but I'm not exactly wetting myself over this news.

Still what do I know? I thought Griffiths might score a few!

There is a big difference he players pro football where Griffiths was a fireman. Give him a chance he could turnout to be the new Barry Hayles.
If we sign this guy and he works hard but is not going to get many, is he going to play along side reid who also works hard but is also not going to get many,who exactly is going to score goals?
morgan can score but i think Reid will be scoring this season all going to plan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 pm

That's what I worry about too. We're hardly likely to win games without somebody scoring more than 7 goals a season, and what's the big deal about Barry Hayles anyway? He was awful compared to someone like trigger.

I think I'm just in a crap mood. Mumford and sons aren't a Glastonbury closing act for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 pm

Greenjock wrote:
That's what I worry about too. We're hardly likely to win games without somebody scoring more than 7 goals a season, and what's the big deal about Barry Hayles anyway? He was awful compared to someone like trigger.

I think I'm just in a crap mood. Mumford and sons aren't a Glastonbury closing act for me.

they are shit but thats another matter lol

hayles and SEB had a great partnership upfront and for a guy of his age he scored important goals i was a fan of his i was quite sad when he left for Leicester.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Yeah with SEB it didn't matter so much if Hayles scored that many but I don't see Reid scoring 20 odd goals a season.

It could be another Chadwick and Feeney situation unless Banton is coming back and Tyler Harvey steps up.

We'll see I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Yeah with SEB it didn't matter so much if Hayles scored that many but I don't see Reid scoring 20 odd goals a season.

It could be another Chadwick and Feeney situation unless Banton is coming back and Tyler Harvey steps up.

We'll see I suppose.

Reid i think will get double figures but unless james coughs up with serious bunce we arent going to afford to bring a matt green here or a striker in a higher league who could score the 24 a season we want.
Mind you the whole team needs to contribute to scoring goals not just the strikers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Well he also had 12 assists last season and as well as following the Argyle twatter account he's also following Banton which is interesting.

Now I'm feeling more optimistic.

Still bored shitless with Mumford and Sons. Fuckin hillbillies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 pm

I changed over cos XX were sending me to sleep, mumfords are finishing me off, Smashing Pumpkins should have headlined.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Well he also had 12 assists last season and as well as following the Argyle twatter account he's also following Banton which is interesting.

Now I'm feeling more optimistic.

Still bored shitless with Mumford and Sons. Fuckin hillbillies.

Monotone and sound is more fitting name for them as thats all they are in my eyes and library music.

Followed banton you say! thats interesting but there again he followed barcelona so he could be going there for all we know lol
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:28 am

IF true would be a great signing, just the player needed.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:33 am

Hitman Morgan drops heavy hints of switch to Plymouth Argyle

PLYMOUTH Argyle are being tipped to add former Shrewsbury Town striker Marvin Morgan to their squad for the upcoming 2013/14 League Two campaign.

Morgan was released by Shrewsbury at the end of last season after two years during which he played a key role helping the club gain promotion to League One in 2012.

​

The imposing 6ft 4in hitman has helped to fuel the rising transfer speculation himself on social media websites by claiming that he would be signing for a new club today.

The Pilgrims, who have re-signed striker Reuben Reid on a season-long loan from Yeovil Town, and also added ex-Morecambe forward Lewis Alessandra to their squad.

But the Pilgrims have let winger Paris Cowan-Hall go to Wycombe Wanderers on a free and placed striker Nick Chadwick on the transfer list.

On the opening day of pre-season training at the University of St Mark and St John, Argyle boss John Sheridan admitted signing a striker remained high on his wish list.

And Manchester-born Morgan would certainly fit the bill for Sheridan, in terms of availability and experience of the lower leagues.

The 30-year-old Morgan netted 11 times for Shrewsbury in their 2011/12 promotion-winning campaign, and scored seven goals for them at the end of the 2012/13 League One season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - axzz2XlZAtUZB
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:41 am

A target man is DESPARATELY needed so let's hope this isn't a load of shite like the Banton story turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 am

Done deal confirmed by him his self on Twitter
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 am

Excellent news IMO. We've needed a big bugger up front for ages
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:39 am

Too true. Sheridan seems to have spotted each and every weakness the team has had over the past couple of seasons.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Marvelous Marvin
JOHN Sheridan has increased his striking options for the Pilgrims’ upcoming 2013-14 League 2 campaign by recruiting former Shrewsbury Town front man Marvin Morgan.
Marvin, 30, has signed a two-year deal at the Theatre of Greens, as the Pilgrims continue their build-up to the big kick-off on August 3.

He has scored 40 goals in 107 Football League starts after working his way up the football ladder from the relatively humble beginnings of the Wealdstone youth team.

After carving out a fearsome non-league reputation with Yeading and Conference side Woking, the 6ft 4in Mancunian became Aldershot Town’s record signing on their return to the Football League in 2008.

In three seasons at the Rec, where current Argyle assistant Gary Owers was number two to Kevin Dillon, he scored 28 goals from 89 starts, before moving on to Shrewsbury Town.

He made his Shrews’ debut at New Meadow on the opening day of the 2011-12 League 2 season, when a late, late Carl Fletcher strike earned Argyle a 1-1 draw.

Marvin’s 11 goals from 49 games during the season – he also played against Argyle in Shrewsbury’s 1-0 defeat at Home Park – helped Town to promotion.

He was slightly less prolific in League 1 last season, scoring seven times in 43 matches before being released at the end of the campaign.

As well as running the channels, Marvin is also familiar with prowling the catwalk, having established his own fashion label, Fresh Ego Kid.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:38 pm

At least he seems to have a respectable scoring record, unlike most of our other strikers. Hopefully this will prove to be a good signing for the club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:00 pm

Freathy wrote:
A target man is DESPARATELY needed so let's hope this isn't a load of shite like the Banton story turned out to be.
Neck sticking out, I still think the Banton deal will happen.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:04 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Neck sticking out, I still think the Banton deal will happen.

As i said on another post, C.Palace only returned to training today, so i would expect news either way this week. I think Banton and Parsons will both sign. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Do you agree with Marvin, he like to be heard

Marvin Morgan ‏@MarvinNMorgan 12h

Match of The Day need to do a clear out. Like @SkySports !!!!! I've had enough!!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:42 pm

18 in 92 starts..
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Well he's clearly better then a Chadwick. However, I'm still not convinced that our attacking options provide much of a goal threat. Might mean that Reid won't be playing with his back to goal so much this season.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Marvin Morgan.

Never heard of him.

Blizzard, yes, decent player at one time, but not Morgan.

Or Alessandro (or whatever he's called) for that matter.

Hey ho.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 pm

^Same.

6 consecutive consonants in Plympton.

Plymstock the same.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 pm

I saw two of the three people I sit with at Argyle today. Neither of them had heard the rumours and neither had heard of him. I mentioned he played for Shrewsbury and they both said - "Oh". Pretty uninspiring but he's a bit of a lump and he might be ok. He can't be worse than Chadwick and Feeney as a striker. I'm fairly happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvin Morgan   Marvin Morgan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvin Morgan
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next