+4
Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Coxside_Green
VillageGreen
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Morgan On The Move? Empty
PostSubject: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:34 am

Brents Herald

from the link wrote:
JOHN SHERIDAN has admitted he would not stand in the way of striker Marvin Morgan leaving Plymouth Argyle.

Morgan has been the subject of interest from League Two rivals Hartlepool United, who want to take him on loan.

But, for the time being, the 31-year-old – who is out of contract this summer – remains part of the squad at Home Park.

Morgan has made only six starts this season as 13-goal top scorer Reuben Reid and Lewis Alessandra have been Sheridan’s preferred strikeforce.

And his chances of first team football could be further reduced after the signing of former Bristol Rovers forward Ryan Brunt on an 18-month contract this week.

Hartlepool are bottom of League Two and manager Ronnie Moore is trying to recruit an experienced striker to boost their prospects of escaping relegation, with Morgan among his targets.

Sheridan told Herald Sport: “I haven’t stood in Marvin’s way. I have said he can go, and the decision is down to him.

“With Ryan coming in, I think Marvin understands the situation.

“I think it’s in Marvin’s best interests. He hasn’t had a lot of football and I have spoken to him about it.

“He’s a clever lad and a good pro. I think it’s just a case of him getting some football somewhere.”

Argyle’s next away game will be against Hartlepool at Victoria Park on Saturday, January 31.

Sheridan added: “Marvin won’t play against us if he goes to Hartlepool. I have told them that.”

Still would wait till another striker is brought in first.. 3 strikers in a squad for 5 months is too few.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Morgan has been a flop if the truth be known and i hope he does leave, finds a club that he likes and a club that likes him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 12:23 pm

If he wants to play football he'll go, but I suspect he's one of the breed of modern footballer who would rather wait out his contract for doing feck all, and then get a nice juicy signing on fee in the summer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 pm

is Cobi still running around saying Morgan makes a terrific left winger, with his lack of pace and inability to run at a player?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:35 pm

While I hope he feks off soon I don't blame him seeing out his contract. It's our limit under this pathetic regime of ownership.

Older players come here for a last weekly wage, a resurgence in their career after injury or to take the piss when they're no longer good enough. We usually get a combination of all three...

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:51 pm

We couldn't give the lanky turd away.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
We couldn't give the lanky turd away.

Argyle could do a raffle and say the top prize is a top striker (Argyle could not mention any names of course). Sell tickets to the other Football League clubs [who will buy dozens of them believing it may be RR that they might win].

It is a win-win situation. Extra revenue created and a ''flop of a player'' sent packing, never to return.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:35 pm

I see that Hartlepool have won their last 2 games, but (marvellous) Marvin Morgan hasn't even been in the squad - is he injured? Hasn't started since 21st Feb so looks like they may have realised he is crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 am

Has to be up there with one of the most inept signings in our history - was he ever fit!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:28 am

Shame he was so unreliable here given his track record for goals. However i think his head is more into his clothing business than it is football and it was clear to see when he was here he cared more about plugging that than working hard to stay fit and score goals.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Total crock of crap. Next.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:50 am

I remember one home game this season where he had a pretty good game on the left wing - was it Cheltenham? - but other than that he's been dreadful. He'll never live down promising to be a 20-goal-a-season man when he joined.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Never rated Morgan, I dont rate Smalley or Brunt either. It's all to do with the budget in my opinion. Sheridan is trying to build a squad of loanees, proper players and cheap reserve conference players. Some of his signings have been excellent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:49 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I remember one home game this season where he had a pretty good game on the left wing - was it Cheltenham? - but other than that he's been dreadful. He'll never live down promising to be a 20-goal-a-season man when he joined.

Morgan was never given a chance up front at Argyle. He has always been second fiddle to Reid.

Hard to deliver 20 goals when you're on the bench most of the time, on the left wing a lot when you're on the pitch and playing to support a number 9 rather than BE a number 9.

Easier to score 20 goals when you start and play every game that you are fit for, play every minute as a striker and take all the team's penalties.

So to compare Reid and Morgan is very very unfair. Morgan said he'd deliver, but that was assuming he'd be given the opportunity and support that Reuben has.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Scored twice for Hartlepool reserves today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morgan On The Move?   Morgan On The Move? Empty

Back to top Go down

Morgan On The Move?
Page 1 of 1