Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..

Go down 
+4
Mapperley, darling
Lord Tisdale
downthetrack
VillageGreen
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..   Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
You can do "buttock clenching with Judy" on Radio Devon knecht. That should sort it out.

It's better than having this "debate" every other day. Some people you can't educate and that's some white brits and some muslims alike. Perhaps the solution would be to lock both sides in a large room for a week and let them get on with it on their own.

I think you're onto something at last.

There are enough uninhabited islands off Scotland where UK extremists of any persuasion could be placed.

Each group could have their own little island, or preferably imo, 'mixed islands'. This could result in the creation of the perfect secular state, or more likely a bloodbath. Which is largely what these nutters encourage their disciples to do.

What's left of our navy could ensure they remain on their island homes in perpetuity and are joined by like minded individuals and groups, as the need arises.

ps can't decide whether they should be provided with shelter building materials, food drops or basic weaponry ?

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..   Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 am

Even better still...

You can broadcast it live to the millions who lap this sort of thing up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..   Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 am

Rickler wrote:
Even better still...

Sky are already talking to Michael Owen about him presenting it in the football close season.

Barry Hearn will be involved somehow and Davina McCall will be the roving reporter in a jumpsuit whipping the invited audience into a frenzy.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..   Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:26 am

Peggy * wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Peggy * wrote:
knecht wrote:
It may be that something needs to be done about it. The question is what.

Medium term, how about a return to an education system that enables people to think for themselves, to question, to weigh the evidence and to understand the difference between fact and opinion? Instead of simply going along with whatever the radical preachers, the far right and certain sections of the media (amongst others) tell them to think?

Preach it sister. I have 3 children in an education system that teaches to league tables and little more (not that they don't work hard. I hate the bashing politicians and tabloids give kids every time exam results come out).

The other night, I watched a BBC4 programme about the Voyager missions. I'm (just) old enough to remember the moon landings, and the programme took me back to that wide-eyed wonder about space and possibility and stuff.

But I also found it profoundly upsetting. Here was a group of people, all much cleverer than what I am, who'd been given the opportunity to follow their dreams - and who've been doing so for over thirty years. The upset came with the contrast with today, when a mission like that would be laughed at because there's no profit to be made. And when the scientists who could do it are more likely to be working for multinationals where the only ethic is profit. And when having the latest phone (or telly) is more important than actually being happy, reaching our potential and being fulfilled.

And when a handful of fanatics are held to represent nearly a quarter of the population of the world.

I watched that programme too. Hard to imagine that both voyager probes will probably out live the human species as they drift further in to deep space.

Religion has been the cause of great wrong doings and evil in the World,perhaps as time goes on the entire human species will become more atheist in nature ?.

If that were to happen,then the only common goal would be the advancement of the species as a single entity free from the chains of religion and all that goes with it.

The creator of Star Trek envisaged a world like that too and Roddenberry made it clear to those that wrote Star Trek and Star Trek: TNG that religion was not to be included. In Roddenberry's vision of Earth's future,one and all was an atheist and better for it.

It will not be in our lifetime that's for sure,but sometime in the future it may well be.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..   Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 am

Greenjock wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Even better still...

Sky are already talking to Michael Owen about him presenting it in the football close season.

Barry Hearn will be involved somehow and Davina McCall will be the roving reporter in a jumpsuit whipping the invited audience into a frenzy.

Michael Owen is reporting for BT Sport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..   Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anjem Choudary protected by British taxpayer..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2