GreenSam
125+1
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Players Linked so far...... Empty
PostSubject: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Just thought id try and bring it back to the team for a while.

Alleged targets or offer put in for so far....

Danny Whittekar - Midfeild - 33
Lee Cox - Midfeild - 22 (Almost a certainty)
Rennee Howe - Striker - 26
Gary McDonald - Striker - 31
Dani Lopez - Striker - 27
Luke Rooney - Winger - 22
Rueban Ried - Striker - 24
Jason Banton - Forward - 20

All from press releases not rumour boards apart from McDonald.

Squad so far

Gk Jake Cole
GK Luke McCormick
RB Durrell Berry
D Maxime Blanchard
D Guy Branston
D Curtis Nelson
D Jamie Richards
LB

M Conor Hourihane
M Luke Young
M Paul Wotton
M Andres Gurrieri
RW
LW
M
M

S Matt Lecointe
S Paris Cowan-Hall
S Isaac Vassell
S Tyler Harvey
S
S

Also availible but not required

Nick Chadwick
Warren Feeney

Development Players

Ben Purrington
Isaac Vassell

So I make it that we need the following

Left Back, Right Winger ,Left Winger , Target Man , Striker , 1 or 2 Midfeilders (possibly 6/7 new faces in total)

24 man squad including the development players.

I would be very suprised to see Bashera sign again.

Last edited by 125+1 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Forgot to add Jason Banton to the players linked list, seems Sheridan would like him back again aswell, and by some of his tweets, looks as if he's open to a return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I think we need two experienced strikers, not experienced shite like Feeney and Chadwick though, who might cost more than others in the squad. Our strikeforce is young and unproven and I don't think what we need is another loanee from a higher league aged 19.

Cox sounds a certainty so we'll have to wait for him to recover and I agree we could do with wingers because I just don't rate Gurrieri or PCH.

Renee Howe and Luke Rooney would do for starters, and it's all well and good waiting to see who's available at the end of June but I would like to have some good news sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Have seen Renee Howe play 3or4 times and think he could be a gem for us, however i am led to believe he is hard to handle off as well as on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Add Reuben Reid to the linked players list: Gary Johnson said that we were looking to sign him in one of the local papers.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:35 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Add Reuben Reid to the linked players list: Gary Johnson said that we were looking to sign him in one of the local papers.

Its in Western Morning news-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

If we're not paying all his wages the loan agreement for Reid would be good Very Happy

Still doesn't set the pulse racing as far as his scoring record goes but he's a damn sight better than Chadwick or Feeney.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Have to offload Gilmartin and Chadwick somehow or else there is little room to improve the squad to Top 7 quality
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm

7 players in is highly unlikely
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

If we're not paying all his wages the loan agreement for Reid would be good Very Happy

Still doesn't set the pulse racing as far as his scoring record goes but he's a damn sight better than Chadwick or Feeney.

I liked Reid whenever I saw him play. But I can see why people have a Marmite view of him.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:10 pm

We will definately NOT be signing Rennee Howe, Dani Lopez or Jason Banton

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Disturbing that loan signings are being talked of at this stage of pre season.Doesn't seem to be the right way to go about building a team in my eyes,especially if Yeovil insert a call back clause in the deal.Begging a loan signing from fecking Yeovil,just shows how far we've fallen and makes you wonder just how bad things could eventually get under this guy.I don't really envy Sheridan,whose presence at the club is the only factor which keeps me even vaguely optimistic for next season,his task in trying to put something worthwhile together.Wonder how long it'll be before the "one of the biggest budgets in the division" spiel is in the public domain if things start going wrong?

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Disturbing that loan signings are being talked of at this stage of pre season.Doesn't seem to be the right way to go about building a team in my eyes,especially if Yeovil insert a call back clause in the deal.Begging a loan signing from fecking Yeovil,just shows how far we've fallen and makes you wonder just how bad things could eventually get under this guy.I don't really envy Sheridan,whose presence at the club is the only factor which keeps me even vaguely optimistic for next season,his task in trying to put something worthwhile together.Wonder how long it'll be before the "one of the biggest budgets in the division" spiel is in the public domain if things start going wrong?

On how far we have fallen, im sure clubs like leeds would say the same if they wanted a player from Swansea for instance, but the fact is we are L2, Yeovil are Championship/L1 so getting a player from them makes sense.

We have fallen far but thats football, who would have said 4 years ago Pompey would be in L2 and Bournmouth would be in the Championship!.

Also also getting season long loans with the option of sending them back if they dont perform is better than signing someone for 2 years that turns out to be utter crap and were stuck with them.

Prem league teams sign players on year long loans so im sure its good enough for Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Anybody expecting argyle to be top half of the basement league is going to be disappointed, brent wont offer decent wages and you know what happens when you pay peanuts, it going to be another grim struggle with brent and his disciples ignoring the team to focus on the village and its puny mini stand.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Matt Lecointe
Paris Cowan-Hall
Isaac Vassell
Nick Chadwick
Warren Feeney

That will be our strikers when the season starts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Freathy wrote:
Matt Lecointe
Paris Cowan-Hall
Isaac Vassell
Nick Chadwick
Warren Feeney

Fvckin ell they will be running out of cyanide if that nightmare comes to pass jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:43 pm

125+1 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

On how far we have fallen, im sure clubs like leeds would say the same if they wanted a player from Swansea for instance, but the fact is we are L2, Yeovil are Championship/L1 so getting a player from them makes sense.

We have fallen far but thats football, who would have said 4 years ago Pompey would be in L2 and Bournmouth would be in the Championship!.

Also also getting season long loans with the option of sending them back if they dont perform is better than signing someone for 2 years that turns out to be utter crap and were stuck with them.Prem league teams sign players on year long loans so im sure its good enough for Argyle.

The vast majority of transfers are still carried out on a permanent basis,especially signings made with a view to the more medium or longer term aspect.It would seem to be a rather negative judgement either on the managers footballing nous or the resources available to him to suggest that loan signings should be made because permanent signings may turn out to be less than successful.Would you advocate making every signing a loan one on that basis? As for Yeovil,good luck to them,they've done wonderfully well and really put the management of Argyle [in the broadest sense] to shame.Still seems rather odd though that Argyle averaged 3000 more per match than they did through the turnstiles last year,yet can't offer Reid a permanent contract,if reports that this is indeed an attempt at a loan signing are to be believed.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Also also getting season long loans with the option of sending them back if they dont perform is better than signing someone for 2 years that turns out to be utter crap and were stuck with them.Prem league teams sign players on year long loans so im sure its good enough for Argyle.

The vast majority of transfers are still carried out on a permanent basis,especially signings made with a view to the more medium or longer term aspect.It would seem to be a rather negative judgement either on the managers footballing nous or the resources available to him to suggest that loan signings should be made because permanent signings may turn out to be less than successful.Would you advocate making every signing a loan one on that basis? As for Yeovil,good luck to them,they've done wonderfully well and really put the management of Argyle [in the broadest sense] to shame.Still seems rather odd though that Argyle averaged 3000 more per match than they did through the turnstiles last year,yet can't offer Reid a permanent contract,if reports that this is indeed an attempt at a loan signing are to be believed.

Yes the vast majority are permanent and that is not what im saying.

All i am saying is getting 1 or 2 players in on season long loans in July wont be a negative option, many clubs do this, alot of the time when they cannot afford transfer fee's or the player they want's club are not prepared to sell (as in Bantons case) then a loan is the only option availible and should be carried out.

As for Reid its not the case of offering him a permanent contract, if yeovil terminated his contract im sure we would give him one, but they look like they either want a fee, or his wages are high so they are prepared to share the wage with a club, to free up some money.

Not every transfer or loan signing is black or white.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
Matt Lecointe
Paris Cowan-Hall
Isaac Vassell
Nick Chadwick
Warren Feeney

So you think we will offer a new contract to Feeney then?, or you just being your usual self

I'll happily put a wager that its not.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Matt Lecointe
Paris Cowan-Hall
Isaac Vassell
Nick Chadwick
Warren Feeney

So you think we will offer a new contract to Feeney then?, or you just being your usual self

I'll happily put a wager that its not.
Agreed- I don't think we'll have Feeney, I think we may get rid of Chadwick on loan and I think we'll sign at least one striker. Probably two.

And besides, getting a loan from Yeovil shows how high Yeovil have gone just as much as it shows how low we've sunk. They are higher in the football league hierarchy than Sheffield United and Wolves. Also, I'm pretty sure that long-term loans cannot have call-back clauses inserted into them: only short-term loans can have those.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 pm

If that squad forms the basis of Argyle for next season then its going to be another struggle.That has got to be one of the worst squads in the history of my years supporting Argyle.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I think we need two experienced strikers, not experienced shite like Feeney and Chadwick though, who might cost more than others in the squad. Our strikeforce is young and unproven and I don't think what we need is another loanee from a higher league aged 19.

Cox sounds a certainty so we'll have to wait for him to recover and I agree we could do with wingers because I just don't rate Gurrieri or PCH.

Renee Howe and Luke Rooney would do for starters, and it's all well and good waiting to see who's available at the end of June but I would like to have some good news sooner rather than later.

I agree too.

Where does Feeney get his ''i must impress the gaffer'' idea from,as reported in the Herald some time ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:03 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I agree too.

Where does Feeney get his ''i must impress the gaffer'' idea from,as reported in the Herald some time ago.

He's been offered the chance to impress this pre-season which could get him a new contract.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 pm

It aint going to be too difficult for Feeney to impress though against the likes of Elburton Villa is it?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 am

greensleeves wrote:
It aint going to be too difficult for Feeney to impress though against the likes of Elburton Villa is it?

Hhhmmmmmm!!! Not too sure on that one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players Linked so far......   Players Linked so far...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Players Linked so far......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next