HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HHP Access and Away Fans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

HHP Access and Away Fans Empty
PostSubject: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like this image from the HHP Design & Access statement for all the wrong reasons.

It shows egress routes from the ground floor of development and emergency escape routes in dotted red.

I know it isn't the 80's anymore but I reckon D&C Police will have something to say about the arrangement at the east end of the retail mall (bottom of pic).

The traffic plans state that access to the barn park End will be encouraged via this route to avoid the Lyndhurst concourse (which will of course now be a road), so there will be a mixture of fans passing the coffee shops etc and cinema entrance before passing down 24 steps past the home lower concourse entrance (which i'm sure our more vociforous support will be using) before ending up at the car park entrance.

Let's hope nobody spills a pint, but they may decide away fans need to be in Demport as rumoured on P@SOTI.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 pm

See they are planning for a big crowd watching Argyle (not).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Dougie wrote:

I hadn't noticed that. According to that proposal they seem to be allowing for around 2,850 people in the stand who would need to be evacuated. I have no experience in reading such documents but that does appear to be the case.....
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:33 pm

knecht wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I hadn't noticed that. According to that proposal they seem to be allowing for around 2,850 people in the stand who would need to be evacuated. I have no experience in reading such documents but that does appear to be the case.....

It's an assessment of the retail mall escape plan. The demport end of the lower concourse would leave through stairway at top of pic or around pitch according to the document.

Talking of planning for big crowds. The transport evaluation docs use a matchday attendance of 6,300, so they're obviously planning for success, or trying to avoid the Highways Agency asking for a contribution to slip road improvements at Manadon.

Wasn't any coincidence that IJN and NIIIKKKK resurrected the Argyle bus specials so these could be thrown into the transport plan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm

green_genie wrote:
knecht wrote:
Dougie wrote:

It's an assessment of the retail mall escape plan. The demport end of the lower concourse would leave through stairway at top of pic or around pitch according to the document.

Talking of planning for big crowds. The transport evaluation docs use a matchday attendance of 6,300, so they're obviously planning for success, or trying to avoid the Highways Agency asking for a contribution to slip road improvements at Manadon.

Wasn't any coincidence that IJN and NIIIKKKK resurrected the Argyle bus specials so these could be thrown into the transport plan.

We have a history of not expecting, planning for or organising larger crowds. How many ticketless fans give up at 2.45pm when faced with long queues. It happens for every big game.

Surely the planning process has to work on how the scheme would work if there were scheduled to be a capacity crowd?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
green_genie wrote:
knecht wrote:
Dougie wrote:

We have a history of not expecting, planning for or organising larger crowds. How many ticketless fans give up at 2.45pm when faced with long queues. It happens for every big game.

Surely the planning process has to work on how the scheme would work if there were scheduled to be a capacity crowd?

This is where they are becoming unstuck with the access roads. For a major game they have said they will close the Lyndhurst concourse to traffic meaning all traffic must use the service road and (not really a) road around front of hotel to reach or escape car park.

As far as the mall is concerned it is one of the benefits of the shelf being so poxy that it only takes two stairways for emergency egress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Another crack in the plans, the whole thing is about to remind us of Dambusters soon.

Wait for the whole thing to collapse and re-joice cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Another crack in the plans, the whole thing is about to remind us of Dambusters soon.

Wait for the whole thing to collapse and re-joice cheers
Dont worry punchy this bollocks will never get built, this plan is weaker than a fletcher back four. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:48 pm

How will they access the site during the construction process?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:53 pm

And another thing, after match-days that little alleyway in between the mini-stand/shopping precinct and the Ice-rink with become rammed packed, and away fans!!???...this plan has got more holes in it then a collander
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 pm

I was at the life centre today firstly I saw a survey being made at the entrance to Home Park off outland road.
Secondly, I sat outside Life Centre with my grandson and watch how bad the traffic was coming and going in front of the Life Centre which showed clear No Entry signs. This was with young children running around the suppose pedestrian area. Madness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HHP Access and Away Fans   HHP Access and Away Fans Empty

Back to top Go down

HHP Access and Away Fans
Page 1 of 1