HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

England v Ireland

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Whats the point ? some anniversary in it. Ash Cole 100th cap well done him.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm

102nd innit.

No surrender.

The point Tracky is 80,000 muppets turning up and paying for the fat cats at the FA to go their holibobs.
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:15 pm

I hope the game lasts longer than the previous one did which should have NEVER had taken place due to the tensions at the time.

2-0 England win.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:23 pm

The "troubles" had nothing to do with the 1995 riot, which was just the last vestiges of a significant minority of travelling hardcore football hooligans backed by Combat 18 and NF. The Ireland they kicked off at wasn't the 'Ra; it was dads with their kids. The change within a year to "football's coming home" should be seen in that context as a massive triumph.

Can't remember where I read it over the weekend but there was a look back at the game and apparently the garda dealt with the issue fairly well after being surprised by the initial riot by getting innocents out the way and then steaming in with little prejudice.

Anyway, this game will be dull with a capital Duh. Hope the morons leave the No Surrender stuff at home but doubt it.
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
The "troubles" had nothing to do with the 1995 riot, which was just the last vestiges of a significant minority of travelling hardcore football hooligans backed by Combat 18 and NF. The Ireland they kicked off at wasn't the 'Ra; it was dads with their kids. The change within a year to "football's coming home" should be seen in that context as a massive triumph.

Can't remember where I read it over the weekend but there was a look back at the game and apparently the garda dealt with the issue fairly well after being surprised by the initial riot by getting innocents out the way and then steaming in with little prejudice.

Anyway, this game will be dull with a capital Duh. Hope the morons leave the No Surrender stuff at home but doubt it.

the tensions of the troubles was the motivation for the england fans that attended to kick. The game was ill advised to be held then, not so much now so i dont think there will be too many no surrender chants if any imo.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:40 pm

think youll find 95 was set up - known hooligans weren't prevented from travelling I read somewhere no passports/id were ever checked or attempted to be, strange for an England away game.

cole should never be captain - didn't he sayu the fa were all twonks?
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:29 pm

i went over to Dublin in '91 i think (EURO Q), that was pretty dodgy but never got reported.
i managed to get set on by a load of Paddies after the match, the 2 Peterborough lads i was with ,ran and left me to it...tossers Mad one of them looked like Gazza! ive always kept an eye out for him since
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Elias wrote:
think youll find 95 was set up - known hooligans weren't prevented from travelling I read somewhere no passports/id were ever checked or attempted to be, strange for an England away game.

cole should never be captain - didn't he sayu the fa were all twonks?

he did however i agree with him on that one.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:09 pm

What a borefest !

Did someone mention a fest ? Can't wait ! Geddon............
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Hodgson out, its dire.
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:50 pm

very dull game
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Awful, got no chance against the big boys.

Hijack Mourinho.
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Woy weminds me of an ancient carl clueless, if ya can't beat oiland woy ya should resign, triffic tony pulis for england affraid
Back to top Go down

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Woy weminds me of an ancient carl clueless, if ya can't beat oiland woy ya should resign, triffic tony pulis for england affraid

i would say is this tcm but i realised you were speaking like WOY lol.

I dont think any talk of his position is warranted atm, this is a friendly and at the end of the season so no doubt that played a factor in the performance tonight. England cant keep sacking managers we need stability now more than ever as alot of the old guard are dropping out of the team and the new blood are stepping up so they need time to gel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

England v Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: England v Ireland   England v Ireland Empty

Back to top Go down

England v Ireland
Page 1 of 1