HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newquay Airport next?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Newquay Airport next? Empty
PostSubject: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The withdrawal of Air South-West's Plymouth - Gatwick route led to the closure of Plymouth Airport.

Looks like it's Newquay next.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Doesn't look too promising. It's the route that's the loss though rather than the airline. Flybe always seem anything but 'budget' when it comes to price. Hopefully Easyjet maintain the route. It was a shame when Ryanair pulled the plug on the Newquay - Alicante route a few years ago. I got out there a couple of times for less than £50 return.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:34 pm

climate criminals! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Serious question. What odds did it actually make when Plymouth Airport closed? There is an airport just up the road which is as close to Plymouth in travel time as any airport in the South East is to London. Therefore as far as I can see Plymouth is as served with air travel as Londoners. Did the London link actually save anyone much in time from here than say a train journey would take longer? This includes getting from the airport at the other end into London itself. I've never flown the route so have no idea on a personal level hence the question and points raised.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Depends where in London you wanted to go - City or Docklands and it was quicker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Including all the checking in and travelling on etc, how much quicker was it Damon?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Probably saved about 2 hours if u needed to be in docklands - Between 4 and 4 and a half hours by train/tube/dlr. Only 40 min check-in. Not the end of the world but I think the more important issue is that of inward investment. Companies looking to invest in UK will look at cities that have air links.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Not knocking any protest that Plymouth Airport closed was just curious is all. With air links only 40/45 minutes away does that preclude us from the "air links" thing. I can see for Cornwall that Newquay would be more important but not as important for Plymouth with Exeter reasonably close was the reasoning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Not knocking any protest that Plymouth Airport closed was just curious is all. With air links only 40/45 minutes away does that preclude us from the "air links" thing. I can see for Cornwall that Newquay would be more important but not as important for Plymouth with Exeter reasonably close was the reasoning.

I dont see the need for another airport like exeter in plymouth or indeed newquay but i do believe a skeleton airport is needed for taxing fares to and from london and other major cities to keep the area in the loop and not cut adrift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newquay Airport next?   Newquay Airport next? Empty

Back to top Go down

Newquay Airport next?
Page 1 of 1