Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
greensleeves

Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:36 am

The cycle speedway team at Laira was called the Laira Wasps,and was formed under the guidance of Jimmy Renshaw,the track having been dug out in 1947.As one who also used to cycle around the track in the early sixties,I probably know you GOB.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:06 am

gasser9 wrote:
I was hooked on Speedway as a lad and I looked forward to the speedway at Pennycross on a Thursday night far more than the greens plus it was every week not every other week.
Jack Scott, Cliff Cox, Jimmy Squibb, Maurie Mattingley, Chris Blewett, Chris Julian, Ivor Toms all gone now to the cinder track in the sky but the smell of the dope lingers on.
Like most things in Plymouth it was poorly supported and doomed to inevitable failure but the magical memories linger on.

I remember going to Pennycross a few times, and really got into Speedway as lad. We went to Exeter on the train, and even watched Speedway at the old Wembley Stadium one evening, after an Argyle match in London that day.

Thing is, I remember more about the Speedway than I do about the Argyle game. I think we played Fulham but I'm not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:07 am

fantastic links. i never knew Plymouth had such a history of speedway.
I always enjoyed nights at Exeter Falcons when i lived in Exeter.
It was always packed and loads of kids there enjoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:57 am

its a shame plymouth devils have their ground where it is in the most awarkard of places to get too.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Ok, which ever of you bastards has got Red and is feeding him these mind bending drugs be warned, we are mobbing and tooling as I type, time for you is short.

Red, just try repeating No Surrender over and over, we are coming for you mate, hold on.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Ok, which ever of you bastards has got Red and is feeding him these mind bending drugs be warned, we are mobbing and tooling as I type, time for you is short.

Red, just try repeating No Surrender over and over, we are coming for you mate, hold on.

What a Face lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Green is the new red.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:25 pm

greensleeves wrote:
The cycle speedway team at Laira was called the Laira Wasps,and was formed under the guidance of Jimmy Renshaw,the track having been dug out in 1947.As one who also used to cycle around the track in the early sixties,I probably know you GOB.

I lived in Laira and rode for the Wasps a couple of times (Not much good) in the early sixties. I was a friend of John Conday who was a heat leader for them. It's a small world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Stockholm Syndrome!!

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Who in ECFC is a pal of the pig?

I have and I know Chris has Gareth, but hit home they still do.

As for the Trust run club thing, I dreaded the thought at the time, and since talking to several of my ECFC pals, I dread it even more now.

I'm as green as green can be, but seeing a proper club like ours (and theirs to be fair) slowly dying is so sad.

I'd much rather have a rich Kuwaiti come over the hill, but in the absence of that, JB's a decent man, and that'll do for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Bleddy hell, I'm a Laira boy, and GS?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Who in ECFC is a pal of the pig?

I have and I know Chris has Gareth, but hit home they still do.

As for the Trust run club thing, I dreaded the thought at the time, and since talking to several of my ECFC pals, I dread it even more now.

I'm as green as green can be, but seeing a proper club like ours (and theirs to be fair) slowly dying is so sad.

I'd much rather have a rich Kuwaiti come over the hill, but in the absence of that, JB's a decent man, and that'll do for me.

It's the owner of Exweb isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I'm a sucker for a spot of 'tosh' dear boy. I like seeing potential maximised, even if it is ultimately futile.

So do I, if we're talking the education of youngsters, which I assume you are talking about, having been in the teaching profession.

However, if we're talking about private businesses "maximising potential" at the expense of community owned resource, the environment, city green space etc etc, then you might as well advocate dog eat dog. That wouldn't be my scene at all.
A bit sad to see myself subjected to the "dear boy" routine. Are your buttons that easily pressed ? I can feel a problem here that I would rather not have.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:29 pm

GOB wrote:
It's the owner of Exweb isn't it?

There are 8 'owners' of Euuuuuweb and they are without exception dim enough to be taken in by Porky, they do live in awe of Kim Jung Lez, nominal "Great Leader", who does display many Porcine characteristics:- low intelligence; lack of success with members of the opposite sex; control freak; incredibly boring poster; and with the same insatiable desire to suck the dick of anyone one in a Suit that throws a few crumbs his way.

No, Porky's "friends" are some sad old fecks whose idea of a big night out was to turn up at the Big Gay Bear fests to sit at the feet of El Porko and his 'IT' savvy 'lover' Big Gay Dave the Dull Gull.

Let's face it, leave a turd lying around for long enough and a couple of old dogs will turn up to give it a sniff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cessation of Hostilities....until August
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3