Rickler
Greenskin
Tringreen
Freathy
pepsipete
9 posters
AuthorMessage

What are you doing on the 13th August ? Empty
PostSubject: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Well, it will soon be here ... the big Home Park kick off ... the first home League game ... when Argyle fans everywhere traditionally down tools, troop up through the park, smell the grass, light it if that's your bag, check out the new paint on the toilets, and take a look at the new crop of talent on show.

What are you doing on the big day ? Surely someone on here must be planning on supporting 'their boys' ?

I won't be. The early hours will see me tending my brassicas and artichokes at my Central Park allotment. Then the plan is a pootle up to Crackington Haven for a day's walking and surfing, followed by taking in some decent food, refreshment and a band at Porthtowan, with a bit of wild camping to sleep it off.
I reckon that lot, including travel, will set me back just over £20. I couldn't even attend the football and buy a stale packaged pasty with that, let alone pop onto Mutley to drown my sorrows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm actually considering making the trip with a few mates. As it seems very unlikely I'll be attending any home games so as not to add a penny into the pockets of the scum bags running it, I will be adding a few more away games into the schedule.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I deny it, never saw the lady before in my life.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:31 pm

On 13 August - if the weather's hot - I'll be on the beach. Hopefully BBQing some freshly caught Bass.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Driving through the Cotswolds to collect the 'trouble' from Cirencester then off to the Oxford Belfry for a wedding party. Will turn on Final Score but will be more interested in the rugby and anything else I can get Wink
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Don't know yet,i expect i'll be at HP,in spite of everything-hard to change the habit of a life time.Haven't bought a season this year,which gives me the option of picking and choosing if i wish.If the fare is so bad as to cause stoppage to prevent even further punishment,then it'll be the golf course for me,suspect this could be a runner by September.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

After all these years of being 'local' you are clearly hooked, as no doubt, I would be.

Don't think I could stomach the sight of Ridsdale and being reminded of the whole sorry tale in a deserted stadium. This is not supporting Argyle. This is supporting c*nts !

We are as good as dead. Time to turn off the lights before Monkey Heeed runs out of money Laughing
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:53 am

Wonder why Peter Reid does not buy the club and bypass the Riddler?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:32 am

pepsipete wrote:
Wonder why Peter Reid does not buy the club and bypass the Riddler?

For the same reason nobody else does... Apart from maybe Heaney and Brent.

But hold on... Last we heard, he wasn't bypassed in either of their plans?

Seems like it's impossible to buy the club and bypass the Riddler!

Thanks Stapes - nice legacy!

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm

i shall be sitting in a field with my voodoo doll of ridds, poke here, poke there, long ole poke to nowhere. my shaman pal will be sending out the vibes through a haze of purple smoke, and fairport convention will be playing in my campervan home

alternatively, i'll be glued to ceefax jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm going to the Millwall game as a work colleague is a Millwall fan. It depends on how good/ poor we are whether I'll attend the Rotherham game- thankfully now I don't have a ST.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 pm

With a home game for Argyle slap bang in the middle of a long weekend off i'd ordinarily be drawn to Home Park, but circumstances as you know have changed for me. So, in order to keep 'match fit' I'll be at the Broadfield stadium for Crawley Town v Macclesfield Town - Crawley's home league debut and the first ever Football League fixture to be played in West Sussex.

Before anyone mentions it, I do so fully aware that Crawley has every bit as questionable a ownership structure as PRFC 125. The difference is i'm going to watch a game of football, an entertainment opportunity (much like wee fat Bob's comparison with going to the cinema). I have not invested anything moral or emotional in Crawley so don't feel as honour bound to give a sh1t about the morality of it all. I used to go to their old Town Mead ground in the 90's and i'm pleased for them, simple as.

It's a shame, an early home game would usually be a must for me but I still feel no real buzz for football from PRFC 125. I'm looking forward to this though, they play good football, it's a historic occasion and just by saying i'm going it pisses Brighton fan colleagues and friends off a treat at a time when they are being insufferably smug and full of themselves (don't begrudge that at all but it's still irritating).

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:59 pm

I'll be rising about 7.30 am, I'll get out of bed about 8 am Very Happy have a cuppa or 3 wash & brush up, feed the boys (4 cats), log onto exeweb, wish the boys luck etc... on the matchday thread, change into the red & white striped shirt & leave Sandford approx 11.30 am. Park up in our usual (free) spot, and meander down to Sidwell St, in the Raj India for a chicken bhuna, pillau rice & 2 poppadoms, and a cup of tea, leave the raj about 1.30 for the short walk up to the real St James Park ready for gates open at 2.00 pm, get the (award winning) match day program, and me usual £2 worth of 50/50 draw tickets, then it's just a matter of cheering the lads onto another victory, sorted innit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
I'll be rising about 7.30 am, I'll get out of bed about 8 am Very Happy have a cuppa or 3 wash & brush up, feed the boys (4 cats), log onto exeweb, wish the boys luck etc... on the matchday thread, change into the red & white striped shirt & leave Sandford approx 11.30 am. Park up in our usual (free) spot, and meander down to Sidwell St, in the Raj India for a chicken bhuna, pillau rice & 2 poppadoms, and a cup of tea, leave the raj about 1.30 for the short walk up to the real St James Park ready for gates open at 2.00 pm, get the (award winning) match day program, and me usual £2 worth of 50/50 draw tickets, then it's just a matter of cheering the lads onto another victory, sorted innit! Laughing

At least Jermaine Easter Laughing won't destroy you this time! Doumbe hattrick?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing on the 13th August ?   What are you doing on the 13th August ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you doing on the 13th August ?
Page 1 of 1