Damon.Lenszner
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Cessation of Hostilities....until August Empty
PostSubject: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptyFri May 10, 2013 5:55 pm

On behalf of your better looking neighbours up the road I would like to formerly announce a cessation of hostilities against Argyle fans on ATD. There will be no shaking of hands to ratify this and the no wearing of green during the hours of daylight will continue to apply to all City fans, however I will not attempt to belittle your club or any member of ATD. I will continue to support the campaign for transparency at your Club and I will fully support the fight against the vermin that have manipulated their way into positions of influence at Argyle, for the benefit of themselves at the expense of others and to the obvious detriment of your Club.

The cessation will cease as soon as the new season starts with the hope that we will at least win one Devon derby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm overcome ...... Sad ...... such a brave and wonderful gesture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Wazeee on bout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:18 pm

knecht wrote:
I'm overcome ...... Sad ...... such a brave and wonderful gesture.

Cheers Knecht. I am missing the football season already.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Are you going to stand for a mod position Red?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:31 pm

The wife and I went to Torquay today to extend the hand of friendship,
Next week we will visit the second City
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:10 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Are you going to stand for a mod position Red?

No mate. Just imagine if I was elected (like Israel electing Martin Borman into the Kinesit) Newell would go into meltdown.

I am a freak, weirdo and an educated wanker, but a City one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:14 am

Tgwu wrote:

Actually, smiling here TG. Doffs cap.

You say you are visiting next week, what day and what time is your case being heard? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:36 am

The Red Star wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Actually, smiling here TG. Doffs cap.

You say you are visiting next week, what day and what time is your case being heard? Very Happy

It all down to the wife, with the grand children away we are making the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:47 am

Not many people know this,Plymouth Devils is help to compete with money from a legacy left to the Exeter Falcon. As they do not have a team at present they gives the money to Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:06 am

Tgwu wrote:
Not many people know this,Plymouth Devils is help to compete with money from a legacy left to the Exeter Falcon. As they do not have a team at present they gives the money to Plymouth.

Fair play. I remember watching the Falcons and sneaking in under wire mesh when I was 12. Heady days of Ivan Mauger and Scot Autrey. Falcons were more a Devon supported team than specific to Exeter, well thats how it seemed to me. Good luck to the Plymouth Devils. I am actually pretty sure they would get support from here as no animosity exists between the two Cities in relation to speedway. Just seen the Devils Website and looks pretty decent
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:11 am

The Red Star wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Fair play. I remember watching the Falcons and sneaking in under wire mesh when I was 12. Heady days of Ivan Mauger and Scot Autrey. Falcons were more a Devon supported team than specific to Exeter, well thats how it seemed to me. Good luck to the Plymouth Devils. I am actually pretty sure they would get support from here as no animosity exists between the two Cities in relation to speedway. Just seen the Devils Website and looks pretty decent

Yes they do get a good following from Exeter
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:48 am

I think Speedway fans are into the Speedway races more than the teams.

I remember going a few years back and it was quite a show, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Is anyone old enough to have known the Pennycross stadium where they had speedway & stock-car racing (including the South-west's very own world champion from Notter Bridge - I can't remember his name)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:50 pm

knecht wrote:
Is anyone old enough to have known the Pennycross stadium where they had speedway & stock-car racing (including the South-west's very own world champion from Notter Bridge - I can't remember his name)?

PennycomeRick?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Raiders have a number of fans down from the 2nd city too!!

Chiefs, however, attract a number of Janner egg chasers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Raiders have a number of fans down from the 2nd city too!!

Chiefs, however, attract a number of Janner egg chasers.

only because its premiership rugby at the end of the day not for the team itself.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Not just Premiership, but European rugger - the Heiny Cup is a really good standard to be playing at. I made it to Twickers to watch Sarries against Munster the other day - an excellent day.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

only because its premiership rugby at the end of the day not for the team itself.

I don't really follow that logic Angry. What's wrong with someone from Plymouth wanting to follow an Exeter rugby union team in the Premiership ? Just where does the tribal boundary of such matters kick in ? I would like to know.
If Argyle were ever to reach the Premiership, I'm sure it would be ok for people to come and support from Torquay and Exeter ? Sport clubs really do need to rid themselves of this superfan culture that is so inward looking.
I live in Plymouth, but I don't support Albion at all, and will travel to the Mennaye to watch the Pirates.
The "beating of the bounds" routine is a bit Pasoti and superfan if you ask me. No offence meant to you personally.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 2:59 pm

The Theatre Royal pulls in the Exeter Thespians
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Exactly Tgwu. And some of us pop up to the Northcott or the independent Little Picture House. Are we to do it under the cover of darkness and not mention our sin ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:09 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

I don't really follow that logic Angry. What's wrong with someone from Plymouth wanting to follow an Exeter rugby union team in the Premiership ? Just where does the tribal boundary of such matters kick in ? I would like to know.
If Argyle were ever to reach the Premiership, I'm sure it would be ok for people to come and support from Torquay and Exeter ? Sport clubs really do need to rid themselves of this super fan culture that is so inward looking.
I live in Plymouth, but I don't support Albion at all, and will travel to the Mennaye to watch the Pirates.
The "beating of the bounds" routine is a bit Pasoti and superfan if you ask me. No offence meant to you personally.

im saying they aren't going to the game to support Exeter chiefs like their fans do but rather they go as spectators for pretty much the reasons Mock gave and nowt else it really. It would be the same if the Pirates went up. If Albion reach the dizzy heights they would bring in spectators from all over too It means nothing But extra cash and bums on seats which isnt a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:31 pm

But again Angry, you're using the Nool argument of glory hunting. Few have been a more regular attendee than me over the decades at all levels, but I have always disliked the "part time" supporters thing that chimes up from the geeks at the bigger games. We know the culture we're talking about here. It doesn't just apply to sport, it applies to the music scene as well as most mass public entertainment vehicles. It probably applies to 24/7 drinkers when they see weekender drinkers coming into THEIR pub on a Saturday night in their crisply pressed bowling shirts.

Just what is wrong with wanting a better standard of entertainment to watch, what is wrong with wanting a full house, even if it does mean sharing a view with a few who don't know Paul Wotton from Brenda Wootton ?
I could suggest that there are already many, many regular emotional free riders tagging onto so called present 5000 hardcore Argyle who aren't that bothered with the football per se. I've talked to enough of them over the years. Many of them don't really get the football, it's just a reason to get on the beer or get away from the family. It's always been thus.
Too many Bishops, too much preaching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:36 pm

But again Angry, you're using the Nool argument of glory hunting. Few have been a more regular attendee than me over the decades at all levels, but I have always disliked the "part time" supporters thing that chimes up from the geeks at the bigger games. We know the culture we're talking about here. It doesn't just apply to sport, it applies to the music scene as well as most mass public entertainment vehicles.

Just what is wrong with wanting a better standard of entertainment to watch, what is wrong with wanting a full house, even if it does mean sharing a view with a few who don't know Paul Wotton from Brenda Wootton ?
I could suggest that there are already many, many regular emotional free riders tagging onto so called present 5000 hardcore Argyle who aren't that bothered with the football per se. I've talked to enough of them over the years. Many of them don't really get the football, it's just a reason to get on the beer or get away from the family. It's always been thus.
Too many Bishops, too much preaching.

But it is glory hunting in away i dont think you can call it anything else. Would the same people who go to sandy park still go if they were relegated or fighting relegation? i dont think most would especially down here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August EmptySat May 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

If Argyle were ever to reach the Premiership, I'm sure it would be ok for people to come and support from Torquay and Exeter ? Sport clubs really do need to rid themselves of this superfan culture that is so inward looking.

I agree. Chiefs support is from all over Devon. They come from Plymouth in large numbers and it is viewed locally as a Devon team to follow, not really Exeter or Plymouth. No tribal boundaries but probably the reason I watch football. I think in a number of years they may even drop the Exeter tag and maybe include Devon or just Chiefs on ts own. It will widen the appeal further. Chiefs would not want any association with the football team because of the narrowing of fan base opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cessation of Hostilities....until August   Cessation of Hostilities....until August Empty

Back to top Go down

Cessation of Hostilities....until August
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next