Czarcasm
Dougie
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Sheridan Gets To Work Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OFFERED NEW DEAL
Onismor Bhasera
Guy Branston
Jake Cole
Andres Gurrieri
Conor Hourihane
Paul Wotton
Isaac Vassell

FIRST-YEAR PRO
Tyler Harvey

RELEASED
Anthony Charles
Ollie Chenoweth
Jamie Lowry
Jared Sims
Warren Feeney

ALREADY UNDER CONTRACT
Durrell Berry
Max Blanchard
Paris Cowan-Hall
Matt Lecointe
Curtis Nelson
Luke Young
Jamie Richards

TRANSFER-LISTED
Nick Chadwick
Rene Gilmartin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:43 pm

for someone who never makes the bench im yet to see why Vassell keeps getting new deals :S not dissing his abilities but i find it quizzical.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Only half surprise for me there is Wotton being offered a new deal. Then againI can understand it for the experience factor.

Isn't it a novelty having a proper manager again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Greens On Screen seems to think that Chadwick is out of contract! Fletcher must have signed him on a longer term deal, or renewed his contract Rolling Eyes Definately right decision to TL him.

Can't argue with much of that, although Feeney is apparently being allowed to stay (presumably unpaid) for preseason to see if he impresses Sheridan. I would have thought a clean break would have been better.

Nice to see Wooton getting a new contract. He makes a decent utility player even at his age, although I wouldn't expect him to be starting that many games next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:48 pm

I suppose if there are no takers for Chawick or Gilmartin Argyle would have to pay them off.

And out of the new contract offers I suspect Bhasera, Hourihane and even Cole could have their heads turned to take up offers elsewhere. I wonder if they have been given any deadlines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Greens On Screen seems to think that Chadwick is out of contract! Fletcher must have signed him on a longer term deal, or renewed his contract Rolling Eyes Definately right decision to TL him.

Can't argue with much of that, although Feeney is apparently being allowed to stay (presumably unpaid) for preseason to see if he impresses Sheridan. I would have thought a clean break would have been better.

Nice to see Wooton getting a new contract. He makes a decent utility player even at his age, although I wouldn't expect him to be starting that many games next year.

On football manager at the start of the frist season there was a clause that Chadwick got an automatic year extension after so many appearances.

I'm wondering if that was in place on Chadwick's contract in "real life" hence he's now transfer listed as opposed to just being released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Read my mind has JS! It cracks me up that every single thing JS has done I nod in agreement, last season and before my initial reaction has mainly been WTF?
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Think Chadwick got a new contract if we stayed in L2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm

how long was Chadwick's contract for as i was under the impression it was 1 year and who in their right mind would buy him for a fee. Glad feeney was sent packing and that injury prone lowry. Little sad for ollie and jared but truro im sure will sign them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

On football manager at the start of the frist season there was a clause that Chadwick got an automatic year extension after so many appearances.

I'm wondering if that was in place on Chadwick's contract in "real life" hence he's now transfer listed as opposed to just being released.

thank god for editor i removed that clause lol

We may not have seen the last of Feeney as he will be here for the first week or two of pre season to try and impress John as Warren missed his entire reign so far with injury.

I think that is a great gesture to make to a player i doubt he will be re signed mind but at least he will have a fair chance to show john what he can do injury free for a week or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:25 pm

i think its safe to say John (if he signs it) Plans to bring in another keeper seeing as he is getting shot of rene and released ollie. Oddly mark crossley is a free agent now who has acted as a backup keeper aswell as a coach for John at Oldham and Chesterfield.

So i would say its a safe bet he will be brought here.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Wow a praaaapar bleddy manager in charge finally. Not feckin about is he?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Chadshit signed an 18 month deal in Jan 2012 which should have expired this summer. As others suggest maybe he had a clause which extended this if he played a certain amount of games?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Shorely we haven't played Nick Chadshit enough for him to have triggered a contract renewal clause? He's barely featured since Tha Shez took over! The curse of Captain Fletcher will linger over this club for years to come...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm

I'd just pay him up and feck hiim off tbh. I really dont see another club buying him for a fee. On a free maybe but never a fee.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Would'nt argue with anything that Sheridan has decided, I think Wotton and Branston definitely have something to offer for the next season, it looks like he is sorting a goalkeeping plan.
Hope Cole stays in particular and fingers crossed that Bashera stays also but would be surprised if Bashera is not lured away.
At least the positive thing is that 72 hrs after the end of such a nightmare season, squad decisions are being made, which is helpful for the fans and fairer for the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:55 pm

At last there seems to be some decision making that isn't laced with personal politics or left overs from deals done to sign off the admin deal.
The real test will be with Romain. Sorry Ro, but it should be goodbye. You were a fine man to have at the club .............. until you tucked up under Ridsdale and Fletcher's wing... that ruined my memories for me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
At last there seems to be some decision making that isn't laced with personal politics or left overs from deals done to sign off the admin deal.
The real test will be with Romain. Sorry Ro, but it should be goodbye. You were a fine man to have at the club .............. until you tucked up under Ridsdale and Fletcher's wing... that ruined my memories for me.
Harsh Penz. What would you expect him to do? Walk away on a wave of morality?

If we could stretch to employing a goalkeeping coach, combined with a community role a la Crudgy, I'd love Romain to stay. The guy is a class act, in every respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 pm

I'm very sad he took the Ridsdale shilling along with Fletcher. He should have kept his nose clean. I can only assume they were both making a play for a new career at the expense of others. It should be time to move on Czarky. too much crap has gone on, and a new broom is a new broom in energy and spirit terms.... a bit of swayling is required. I will always remember his days before the great gloom, a very fine gentleman that did have his goalkeeping faults, but served the club well. But not a Pat Dunne or Jim Furnell for me. Not even a Bill Short, and he was a miserable sod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:21 pm

It should be time to move on Czarky. too much crap has gone on, and a new broom is a new broom. I will always remember his days before the great gloom, a very fine gentleman that did have his goalkeeping faults, but served the club well. But not a Pat Dunne or Jim Furnell for me. Not even a Bill Short, and he was a miserable sod.

most french people are.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm

It should be time to move on Czarky. too much crap has gone on, and a new broom is a new broom. I will always remember his days before the great gloom, a very fine gentleman that did have his goalkeeping faults, but served the club well. But not a Pat Dunne or Jim Furnell for me. Not even a Bill Short, and he was a miserable sod.

Bloody hell, Penz! I know memory and time play tricks but Bill Shortt retired in 1956. Unless time has speeded up for me or slowed for you, even I'm too young to have seen him play.

Perhaps you drank in the Golden Hind under age?

I agree with you about Ro, though. Whilst I would love football to have more sentiment and generosity, it doesn't. I'd be interested in Cole's take on Ro & whether he added anything to goal-keeping coaching.

The brief view I had of Gilmartin told me I could see no reason for him being a keeper other than he was tall.

I am very happy with this retained/released list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Romain is an ex parrot .... so is Bill Short.
No, of course I did not see Short play, but I did have the dubious honour of frequenting his pub, and jeez did he think it was his pub. Hinches Legs may well have a few stories to tell of him as well.
My point was Romain is no longer the keeper of the runbyfansforfans club that no longer exists, and is in fact just another ex player looking for a career in football, just like Fletcher was. Fletcher copped a lot of flack under his terrible reign, and rightly so... he was absoloutely hopeless.. in fact clueless. I only think it fair that Romain also takes his fair share of the blame ... he was number deux in effect, and said a big fat zero.
I will always remember the Romain of old with huge affection, but the post Todd Larrieu ? not at all. he allowed himself to be wheeled in and out at the will of the game players and money men. Not his finest hour. How sad. Au revoir. For some reason, some folk think this last couple of years has nothing to do with LarryO, but everything to do with Fletcher. He was Fletcher's Chemical Ali.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:42 pm

I wouldnt have got rid of Sims, impressed me everytime ive seen him... agree with a few above.. what has Isaac Vassell done to keep getting new contracts?!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Dougie wrote:

RELEASED
Warren Feeney

TRANSFER-LISTED
Nick Chadwick

sunny sunny sunny cheers

Who the f*** is going to want chadwick though?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
Dougie wrote:

RELEASED
Warren Feeney

TRANSFER-LISTED
Nick Chadwick

sunny sunny sunny cheers

Who the f*** is going to want chadwick though?

Truro possibly? If they were struggling?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Gets To Work   Sheridan Gets To Work Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan Gets To Work
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next