akagreengull
Czarcasm
Han Solos Other Ship
Flat_Track_Bully
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Good news on the way.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 am

GreenSam wrote:
It's unusual for me to be the most negative one on here, but isn't this non-news? Brent would like him to stay if the conditions are right, Shez would like to stay if the conditions are right but the details are yet to be ironed out? Aka all that we knew before...

I'll be celebrating when the ink is dry but great news if it happens.

my thoughts exactly when the contract is signed then its party time and not before.

Alot can change ala John Ward so i hope people dont see this as being a done deal its very much isnt just an agreement in principle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
It's unusual for me to be the most negative one on here, but isn't this non-news? Brent would like him to stay if the conditions are right, Shez would like to stay if the conditions are right but the details are yet to be ironed out? Aka all that we knew before...

my thoughts exactly when the contract is signed then its party time and not before.

Alot can change ala John Ward so i hope people dont see this as being a done deal its very much isnt just an agreement in principle.

You have just pissed on my chips and it is such a nice day and all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:38 am

Happy Daze wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

You have just pissed on my chips and it is such a nice day and all

i'm just a realist its fantastic he has agreed in principle bit that word principle suggests there is a stumbling block and if i were to guess i would say its the length of the contract
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Signing of the summer.. when confirmed of course

Can't remember the last time i was positive when it came to talking about Argyle but next season could be a real gooden couldnt it..

NOW GIVE HIM A BUDGET JB. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 pm

I was going to post that I was, for once, impressed at the speed of the wrapping up of the deal.

Then I noticed it wasn't wrapped up.

Every day the manager's position isn't sorted is a day wasted.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:59 pm

If confirmed then credit where credit is due. Well done jb.
After so many balls ups recently and shitty handling of hhp, it really is about time Brent found the back of the net.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

its gonna come down to how much brents gonna give him............could go either way.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 pm

I dont think either JS or JB would go through all of this to let the fans down (again) i think its when, not if JS signs the deal, surely he's going to have half a decent budget to work with? Could not see him staying around just to fight relegation again...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Indeed Sam. If Sheridan did not want to be manager of one of the biggest clubs potentially outside of the top two tiers, or is 'unsure', it would be really worrying.

Thought Brent said hard times were ahead ? Looks like he'll have to pile some more debt on the club or there'll be mutiny !

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

FFS!!!!!

Get rid of you two miserable bastards and we'll have a nice little forum here. Very Happy

Good news at last. Just need him to sign then all the other clubs in the leagues can feck off! He is ours! cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Whilst potentially great news, this is yet another PAFC no-news article. If conditions are agreed, in all but name, cross the i's and dot the t's etc. Another phrase thats pops into my head is 'If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.'

Remeniscing over the John Ward fiasco is one thing, but cue Peter Risdale appearing in a tent near the ground and popping champers is what makes me wary, nay cynical. 24 hour rolling news and the internet have put us in a position where news is put out there that is not news. Both Fox and CNN stated that a dark skinned man was responsible for the Boston bombings! PAFC have been guilty of this repeatedly in recent years. I hope that's not the case this time.

Announce it when its fecking done, not when it could be, should be, maybe. This grips my shit if it wasn't obvious.

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 pm

cornysteve wrote:
Whilst potentially great news, this is yet another PAFC no-news article. If conditions are agreed, in all but name, cross the i's and dot the t's etc. Another phrase thats pops into my head is 'If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.'

Remeniscing over the John Ward fiasco is one thing, but cue Peter Risdale appearing in a tent near the ground and popping champers is what makes me wary, nay cynical. 24 hour rolling news and the internet have put us in a position where news is put out there that is not news. Both Fox and CNN stated that a dark skinned man was responsible for the Boston bombings! PAFC have been guilty of this repeatedly in recent years. I hope that's not the case this time.

Announce it when its fecking done, not when it could be, should be, maybe. This grips my shit if it wasn't obvious.

Steve

And if it backfires and John Sheridan doesnt sign it will be a massive downer for the fans and further ruin James Brent's PR with the fanbase that is going down by the week with his HHP.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

cornysteve wrote:

Steve

They've got season-tickets to sell, and a looming deadline for the early bird deal. This probably wouldn't be being announced were it not for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm not so sure now. Very Happy

Nah, fck it the sun is shining, course he'll sign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Bollocks!

I thought someone was going to say a good summer was on it's way.
Don't worry Richard, Summer IS on it's way, well tomorrow to be precise with it being Mayday. May, at least, will please you ... you heard it here first... I know about these things, what with me being related to the sun god Very Happy
Get yourself down to Padstow and have a proper sing song, not some silly fan "fest" with the thought police in attendance. I shall be biking it at early o' clock down the Camel with a flower in my hat.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm

I agree with GreenSam. This has every chance of going completely tits up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm going to be uber optimistic here and take it that JS will be our manager next season.

I'll congratulate James Brent and give him the credit for getting this immensely important stumbling block out of the way so early.

It may well have been to boost season ticket sales but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and consider it as JB and the board realising they've made mistakes in the past and wanted to show the fans that they are listening on this point at least.

If it was another non-news story I don't think the players would've been released or offered new contracts like they have today.

I did wonder if Sheridan might have been on a low salary with a huge bonus for keeping us up and if that's the case then maybe a similar deal with huge bonuses for promotion?

Anyway I'm taking it as good news for a change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news on the way....   Good news on the way.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good news on the way....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2