seadog
Czarcasm
GreenSam
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

This thread says it all. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Vichy Pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Sorry but I don't believe for one minute that over 3000 season tickets have been sold for next season already.

That's already about two thirds of last season's total isn't it? And it's still April?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
hairy j wrote:
I don't think this was a grand masterplan. It's more luck than judgement that Ian wears matching shoes when he leaves the house so I'd be surprised if this was a Machiavellian plan. Newell serves a purpose no matter how much he denies it; he's on pasoti to support James Brent. It might even be the case that he doesn't realise just how useful (as in someone who's being used) he is right now. Webb's in a similar position but we don't hear too much from him any longer - maybe Webby's realised.

Once Brent waves goodbye to the club, that use will no longer be useful. Imagine how Newell is going to react when Jimmy speeds off in his Land Rover leaving a trail of dust behind him. That there will be a popcorn moment. THE popcorn moment.

it will be a kleenex moment it will be that climatic

I think we have just had a Brent Kleenex moment...

tonycholwell on Pasoti wrote:

That message was reiterated often when JB walked the length of the pitch where the GA were to chat to fans. It was probably a fly in his eye, but he did look "moist" around the orbital region.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=76282&start=30

There you have it... Tony looked into the eyes, and they were moist!

But...

Was the lip buckling?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sorry but I don't believe for one minute that over 3000 season tickets have been sold for next season already.

That's already about two thirds of last season's total isn't it? And it's still April?

'Season' tickets seem to be confused with 'memberships'. Last year you could buy a 'membership' that didn't give you a single ticket to watch a game. If they were selling that fast, they wouldn't have extended the amazing deal of £299 to Saturday.

I went to games last season where there were less than 5,000. At those games, they didn't scan our cards but then announced the attendance at 6,000 near the end. It was bollocks.

It's an attempt at creating the illusion of demand - James Brent wants your cash now for the close season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
hairy j wrote:
I don't think this was a grand masterplan. It's more luck than judgement that Ian wears matching shoes when he leaves the house so I'd be surprised if this was a Machiavellian plan. Newell serves a purpose no matter how much he denies it; he's on pasoti to support James Brent. It might even be the case that he doesn't realise just how useful (as in someone who's being used) he is right now. Webb's in a similar position but we don't hear too much from him any longer - maybe Webby's realised.

Once Brent waves goodbye to the club, that use will no longer be useful. Imagine how Newell is going to react when Jimmy speeds off in his Land Rover leaving a trail of dust behind him. That there will be a popcorn moment. THE popcorn moment.

it will be a kleenex moment it will be that climatic

I think we have just had a Brent Kleenex moment...

tonycholwell on Pasoti wrote:

That message was reiterated often when JB walked the length of the pitch where the GA were to chat to fans. It was probably a fly in his eye, but he did look "moist" around the orbital region.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=76282&start=30

There you have it... Tony looked into the eyes, and they were moist!

But...

Was the lip buckling?

it was a moment like this This thread says it all. - Page 2 Dziewczyna im sure for him. Thats the appeal james has to win over his few but faithful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 pm

I hate animated gifs.

This thread says it all. - Page 2 Tumblr_m3qs7uguJh1rp62zio1_400
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:00 pm

that is james brent hynoptising tool to get "fans" agreement to his hhp.

her or some slag down millbay either way
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 am

Now Tyhee Slim tells it the way it really is.............................

Tyhee_Slim
Post subject: Re: Come on JB!!! HijackPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 am

IJN wrote:
Tim, I hardly 'keep mentioning' maybe three/four times since 1996!

However, I travel frequently, possibly more than most on here, I've been to Southampton four times this month as an example, and I feel I am therefore in a position to comment equally to any exile, I live in Plymouth but am certainly not constrained by any parochial Janner mentality.

Tyhee Slim wrote :
Ian, you may not have mentioned it directly that many times, but there have been many times when you've made it fairly clear that you don't exactly respect the views of a fair few exiles and based some of that that on their location.

As for "not being constrained by any parochial Janner mentality". I think that's probably the case when you're on your travels (which you rarely forget to remind us of), but I reckon you're gradually coming round to being the typical "not for the likes of us" Janner, particularly when it comes to Argyle. No doubt you think you're just being realistic, and I can see some sense in that, but you seem now to be happy to accept that the Championship is as far as Argyle can get and that, therefore, a shoe-box of a stadium is enough for us. If the Championship is as high as we can get I reckon that in the club's collective mentality it'll soon become the 'promised land' that the Premiership now is and, as such, will almost become an unattainable goal. To misquote Oscar Wilde, we may be in the gutter but we're aiming at the pavement.

You seem to be happy to see Argyle wallowing around in the lower divisions now. You may call it realistic, I think it's sad as for me part of being an Argyle fan (or a fan of most clubs in the country) is to be able to dream that "one day.....". Take that away and most kids will, with some justification, think "why bother?" I suppose that when you can afford to travel to various exotic locations regularly you have less need to have good stuff on your doorstep, and also having your own home town (and its football club) devoid of any sort of aspiration or ambition at least keeps the tourists and glory-hunters out so you can enjoy it for yourself then escape occasionally when you feel the need to. Is it any wonder that we have so many exiled supporters or that so many Janners support Man Utd or Liverpool?

I've got a lot of respect for a lot of what you've done over the last few seasons. It's a lot more than I have for sure as, to be honest, I hardly ever attend matches these days let alone get involved in anything else. In my defence I will say that I feel that the club has just alienated me (for various reasons, not least the small-time mentality) and also that, as an exile, it's just become a time-consuming and expensive luxury. I've got out of the habit and now I wonder how I ever used to afford it. If I still lived near Plymouth I'd be a season-ticket holder, but I'm not and I just can't justify the expense these days. However, I do find your stance on the topic on this thread and quite a few other things, including the ongoing and increasingly tedious PASOTI politics, irritating, occasionally curious (I'll not elaborate on that), and from time to time hypocritical. I'm thinking particularly of you throwing your hands up about what you consider personal remarks or abuse from others whilst you freely indulge in them yourself.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're just particularly skilled at mind-games or whether you genuinely believe that you're not being abusive. I suspect the former as it goes as you (and a few of your mates) play the old "Oh, I'm just a simple man, I'm not clever like this London lot" card far too often, but I also think that you, like many people who've 'done well for themselves' are often surprised when people are offended at what you perceive as simply 'telling it like it is'.

This is the king of shirting fabrics and as light as a soufflé

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:25 am

He can't help himself.....................

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?51266-Hi-Chuckles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 am

I wish I could insult people as eloquently as old Slim. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 am

It used to be "they don't have a season ticket", then it was "they don't attend many matches", now it's "they don't even live in Plymouth".

Soon it'll be "they don't even sit in the Director's Box".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 am

Tringreen wrote:
He can't help himself.....................

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?51266-Hi-Chuckles

Chuckles owned him, yet again! Laughing

Nool really is a complete bellend isn't he?

"I've only posted on exeweb four times in the last year".

I imagine he won't answer Chuckles though.

He gives everyother Argyle supporter a bad name by keeping up with this baiting of the city fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am

No he just gives every Argyle supporter a bad name, period.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 pm

exiles made up well over 50% of the turnout on saturday !!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Iggy wrote:
No he just gives every Argyle supporter a bad name, period.

this sooner brent cuts him adrift the better relations between the club and fans can improve.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Ouch ! Found out again Napoleon !

ejh
Post subject: Re: Come on JB!!! HijackPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:26 pm

IJN - didn't you make a huge issue about the troublemaking Trust inviting the Friends of Central Park to make a consultation submission? Rhetorical question really as I remember you really having a go about it, insinuating the Trust were exposing the development to the perils of the environmental lobby. Despite the Trust figures reassuring you it was purely consultation.

But fast forward to now and the Trust have knocked up a working alternative. Suddenly your Grandad was President of the Friends of Central Park, and you don't want your park being carved by the ideas of some Londoners.

You've gone from branding the Friends of Central Park as some militant environmental loons to having their vision of the preservation of Central Park deeply entrenched at the bottom of your family's heart, all in the space of about 45 days.

The only consistencies with you are that you oppose whatever the Trust says and support whatever Brent says, and have nothing but a load of spin stories to dress it all up with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:

ejh

IJN - didn't you make a huge issue about the troublemaking Trust inviting the Friends of Central Park to make a consultation submission? Rhetorical question really as I remember you really having a go about it, insinuating the Trust were exposing the development to the perils of the environmental lobby. Despite the Trust figures reassuring you it was purely consultation.

But fast forward to now and the Trust have knocked up a working alternative. Suddenly your Grandad was President of the Friends of Central Park, and you don't want your park being carved by the ideas of some Londoners.

You've gone from branding the Friends of Central Park as some militant environmental loons to having their vision of the preservation of Central Park deeply entrenched at the bottom of your family's heart, all in the space of about 45 days.

The only consistencies with you are that you oppose whatever the Trust says and support whatever Brent says, and have nothing but a load of spin stories to dress it all up with.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

ejh

lol! lol! lol!

Feckin brilliant! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nool really is comedy gold.

Brent must cringe every time he opens his trap.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Owned - What's that in EJH's pocket, its an IJN Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 pm

what's the bitch getting ejh for supper?Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

He'll be booted eventually as he's spoiling the forum for everyone and he's the one person the mods have to deal with more than anyone else....

Newell's amazing. Imagine an internet World without him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 pm

you know we are only a womble, ejh, gareth, herb, damon and tyhee whisker away from major popcorn...if they could all get online at the same time we could sell tickets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 pm

ejh has hit the nail on the head with ian.

Lets face facts if he wasn't so friendly with Brent he would be against the HHP just like Webb would be and 2face.
Its the thought of missing out on prawn sandwiches and pink champers that is preventing them from finding their balls.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 pm

So many multis, so many versions, so many lies, is it any wonder he is inconistent?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:38 am

thyee slims post is astonishingly reflective !

whilst there are 'discenting' voices on there, these are crowded out by the (Still) prevalant happy to have a club brigade however a new element has been brought in to play -

'sign up to pasoti to be eligible for free away travel' this is sure to be repeated next season.
be interesting to see how many become regular pasoti posters.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This thread says it all.   This thread says it all. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

This thread says it all.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next