Lord Tisdale
Tringreen
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 am

Lived in Peverell for over 30 years, used to take my Grandson to Central Park every day (when not raining) went in the Barn Park gate and walked down to the play area, stopping at the seat by the pond for a break, had my bins hanging on the pushchair and identified over a hundred species of bird, also foxes, rabbits and squirrels. Central Park is a lovely area and should not be despoiled by over development.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
It's important to separate individuals that made up the CPers. IJN, Pres, IDL and Jones were on it but in my opinion the driving force behind it was Graham Clark and you can't say he isn't still fighting the fight - also Mark from the GTs, who by the way are still close to the Trust and myself all played a part.

Yes certain people have gone one way and others another but to group us all in one lump is somewhat unfair.

Is that the same Mark that saw the plans and had input along with Ian and another (probs chris) for the stand akkeron is trying to force on us?
I think a lot of people have got the entire wrong end of the stick on this one. Mark was consulted with regards to the Green Taverners facilities within the new stand. He wasn't shown anything in advance nor did he say it was acceptable on behalf of all fans. It's only natural that a group with an additional interest in the new stand will be consulted specifically and this is what it was. No more, no less.

Whether he was listened to by Akkeron or not is quite another matter. What I gather (and I hope I'm wrong, I really do) is that the GTs haven't been catered for all that well with this development. Shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 am

GreenSam wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
It's important to separate individuals that made up the CPers. IJN, Pres, IDL and Jones were on it but in my opinion the driving force behind it was Graham Clark and you can't say he isn't still fighting the fight - also Mark from the GTs, who by the way are still close to the Trust and myself all played a part.

Yes certain people have gone one way and others another but to group us all in one lump is somewhat unfair.

Is that the same Mark that saw the plans and had input along with Ian and another (probs chris) for the stand akkeron is trying to force on us?
I think a lot of people have got the entire wrong end of the stick on this one. Mark was consulted with regards to the Green Taverners facilities within the new stand. He wasn't shown anything in advance nor did he say it was acceptable on behalf of all fans. It's only natural that a group with an additional interest in the new stand will be consulted specifically and this is what it was. No more, no less.

Whether he was listened to by Akkeron or not is quite another matter. What I gather (and I hope I'm wrong, I really do) is that the GTs haven't been catered for all that well with this development. Shame.

Nobody's been catered for Sam, other than James Brent.

If the GT'S are fecked over after everything they've done for Mr Brent I do hope that this will grab the attention of the few who think the plans are amazing. It would be a spectacular own goal by Brent and show what he does once people have served their purpose.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 am

GreenSam wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Then I would say that just shows what JB and Akkeron truely think of Argyle and its fans.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:
To just go off on a bit of a tangent here, where did all the grants and funding come from to spruce up Devonport Park? If I recall there was a huge amount spent on its regeneration.

It dates back to circa 2001 when the community of Devonport was awarded close to £50m in the Government's `New Deal for Communities` programme. Much of Mount Wise was demolished and rebuilt as was other parts of Devonport.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 am

Interesting that JB has talked of the GT's having their own facility "in front of the ground". With his new green credentials presume he isn't talking about Love Field with the Studio School (where is that idea lurking).

The Parks depot could be an option but looking at the AAP last week the preferred option refers to that being "retained and upgraded".

The vets and solicitors area would make some sense if it was to be full time facili.
BUT what chances are there of another pub being licensed there?

When questioned at the last FanFest whether the FF would be accommodated next season JB's response was "how could i afford not to".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:29 am

If the GTs aren't catered for in the Akkeron proposals, that is another commitment not kept. I would be interested to hear what the GTs have to say about it.

If the bar facilities are large (accommodating at least the 250 or so in the present tent) & run by the club that may be OK - the money would be going to the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 am

If JB thinks he has had a rough time of it this season then next season is going to be a real long one for him. We have been protected by the underfunding method used to purchase the club. (I am talking about the staff wages owed). JB has been lending money to the club so that we can compete at an even level with clubs in this league (not that we would have noticed) with the pay day loans gone, the club has to pay back the staff and give JS enough money to compete at the right end of the league, I for one cant see how that is going to be achieved.
And whilst we are on the subject, how much is the new Plymouth Argyle that is accountable to its fans in debt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:38 am

Iggy wrote:
If JB thinks he has had a rough time of it this season then next season is going to be a real long one for him. We have been protected by the underfunding method used to purchase the club. (I am talking about the staff wages owed). JB has been lending money to the club so that we can compete at an even level with clubs in this league (not that we would have noticed) with the pay day loans gone, the club has to pay back the staff and give JS enough money to compete at the right end of the league, I for one cant see how that is going to be achieved.
And whilst we are on the subject, how much is the new Plymouth Argyle that is accountable to its fans in debt?

And with no Mayflower. It's going to be a nightmare.

But at the end of the day Brent just can't afford for Argyle to go under until all the HHP development is complete and his exit strategy is locked in. He'll buy the freehold back from PCC and flog the lot to the next set of mugs. BUT with a hemmed in stadium that has no chance of being expanded he'll struggle to find the right buyer methinks. Cue white elephant and another PCC bailout in due course.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

I don't think for a moment that the GTs won't get some kind of facility, they almost certainly will but I'm not sure if it'll be of the adequate size to make their current fan fest facilities workable. Now I believe Damon said on here that Rick and Dave probably won't be doing them any more next season and it seems the fan fests may well be a 'different type of experience' but it's a real shame if they get something small that doesn't leave it open to live performances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:02 pm

The club could do with a massive social club. There's not a lot nearby in Peverell other than The Hyde Park social club, the Citybus Social club (I've heard that's going soon), The Brit and The Cherry Tree and The Embassy Snooker club. So there's potential there for something. Given Sky usually show a game before 3pm on a Saturday and after 5pm there's usually a game on ESPN or Sky, you've got a fair amount of potential there to get people to Home Park earlier and keep them there later. Get 1000 seats in and you could make something quite special. Charge 'social club prices', have some catering, have discos and live darts. It'll never happen though. I don't think James Brent particularly cares about what's inside the ground.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
To just go off on a bit of a tangent here, where did all the grants and funding come from to spruce up Devonport Park? If I recall there was a huge amount spent on its regeneration.

It dates back to circa 2001 when the community of Devonport was awarded close to £50m in the Government's `New Deal for Communities` programme. Much of Mount Wise was demolished and rebuilt as was other parts of Devonport.

Not quite. I was closely involved in the restoration of Devonport Park, and the bulk of the money came from a massive Heritage Lottery Grant. There was also money from the New Deal package, and I think the Council, but it wouldn't have happened without the Lottery money.

Also - not that it's relevant, but I'm a fan of facts - the housing regeneration in Devonport wasn't/isn't part of the New Deal package: it was already underway as a Council initiative when the bid for New Deal funding went in. That went on employment, community safety, education, health and liveability/environment (which is where the contribution to the Park came in). Making Devonport one of Plymouth's best kept secrets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 pm

hairy j wrote:
The club could do with a massive social club. There's not a lot nearby in Peverell other than The Hyde Park social club, the Citybus Social club (I've heard that's going soon), The Brit and The Cherry Tree and The Embassy Snooker club. So there's potential there for something. Given Sky usually show a game before 3pm on a Saturday and after 5pm there's usually a game on ESPN or Sky, you've got a fair amount of potential there to get people to Home Park earlier and keep them there later. Get 1000 seats in and you could make something quite special. Charge 'social club prices', have some catering, have discos and live darts. It'll never happen though. I don't think James Brent particularly cares about what's inside the ground.

Well, who said cultural aspiration was a non starter in Plymouth. Certainly sounds something quite special, that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm

That's our market though. Real disposable income in Plymouth is amongst the lowest in the UK. Most of our home fans live in Plymouth. There's not much point putting a five star bistro in the ground that sells food and drink at a high price point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:14 pm

hairy j wrote:
That's our market though. Real disposable income in Plymouth is amongst the lowest in the UK. Most of our home fans live in Plymouth. There's not much point putting a five star bistro in the ground that sells food and drink at a high price point.

As was evidenced by the big take-up of free transport to a couple of away games. I think Brent extending the cheap season ticket offer is a good move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 am

Peggy * wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Not quite. I was closely involved in the restoration of Devonport Park, and the bulk of the money came from a massive Heritage Lottery Grant. There was also money from the New Deal package, and I think the Council, but it wouldn't have happened without the Lottery money.

Also - not that it's relevant, but I'm a fan of facts - the housing regeneration in Devonport wasn't/isn't part of the New Deal package: it was already underway as a Council initiative when the bid for New Deal funding went in. That went on employment, community safety, education, health and liveability/environment (which is where the contribution to the Park came in). Making Devonport one of Plymouth's best kept secrets.

What do you call a man with a ten pound outside Marlborough st Iceland? A scratch card winner.

Sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:12 am

Well Peggy, everyone involved with Devonport Park should feel proud. I used to live in Milne Villas in the 90s, and the park was a poor facility. If the regeneration/investment in Central Park was to resemble anything like that of Devonport Park, I would be a very happy man. A modern park that welcomes all people..... for free .. just as municipal parks were intended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 am

hairy j wrote:

Hairy bloke is right though, the GTs have proved there is a demand for at least 250 seats there on a match day and why not have something bigger, prawn pasty days for the oiks if you like but could be a good earner, open it up on away days for the fans that can't make the match, six nations, in fact a lot of people would love to watch the match from a big screen rather than go into the ground with all those rude oafs that follow the football these days.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Peggy * wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

In which case I stand corrected. I should've added in my reply it was only from poor memory, I kind of remembered the New Deal stuff but never realised Lottery money was involved, too busy celebrating the end of the Macauley reign I guess. Whenever I pass through the area now it seems a lot of hard work and effort has gone into the area's transformation and all involved should feel proud of themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Hairy bloke is right though, the GTs have proved there is a demand for at least 250 seats there on a match day and why not have something bigger, prawn pasty days for the oiks if you like but could be a good earner, open it up on away days for the fans that can't make the match, six nations, in fact a lot of people would love to watch the match from a big screen rather than go into the ground with all those rude oafs that follow the football these days.

And that's when we're playing in England's lowest league and not only that, it's when we're even bottom of that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.   The seeds of 'real fan' engagement. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The seeds of 'real fan' engagement.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2