Go down 
+3
Dougie
Elias
Czarcasm
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The Saturday Shootout. Empty
PostSubject: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:00 pm

I think it will go like this, three thousand or so argyle fans will watch argyle lose to rochdale as generally happens when argyle have a big following but will be saved by the mighty york city getting beat by the mighty dagnum this heroic success will be seen by the superfan/rimmers and the simple farm folk as a triumph for jimmy's calm assured leadership followed by a brent mural(sponsored by fes) and the promise of great things to come from the newly installed argyle manager carl fletcher, following john sheridain taking up a better offer at weymouth, yes i think another exciting season of fighting off relegation lies ahead, plus the opening of the long awaited mini stand, can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:16 pm

I can just picture the scenes at full time if we manage to stay in the league.

'Plymouth Argyle - the club that wouldn't die! Staving off relegation to non-league oblivion for the 2nd year running under James' assured leadership. Look how far we've come!'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I can just picture the scenes at full time if we manage to stay in the league.

'Plymouth Argyle - the club that wouldn't die! Staving off relegation to non-league oblivion for the 2nd year running under James' assured leadership. Look how far we've come!'
the avivas whipped up by their superfan leaders have gone totally bonkers, how could anyone apart from deadheads say this season as been anything other than a disaster, with the possibilityof donkeys years in the non league. take a bow speccy take a bow.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm

basque in the glory !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Just rejoice in that news
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:17 am

I'll be happy to stay up of course. Aside from the fact that we shouldn't be going into the last game of the season with the threat of relegation hanging over us and even then it's taken near promotion certainly play off form to get in this dubious position.
We could finish as high as 16th(?) and I can just see some people being absolutley moist if we 'acheive' that. However the hard work starts immediately after the final whistle.
We don't have a squad to speak of once the loans go back, other players are released and prime assets (Bhas Harvey) have their heads turned to bigger and more attractive offers. Heck who knows if we will even have a manager.
Look out for some sort of eating humble pie speech from Brent " We shouldn't be in this position. We will learn from our mistakes" type thing. Followed by some kind of psuedo Churchllian the club that wouldn't die in Brent we trust onwards and upwards please buy a season ticket we are getting a free stand missive from the President.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

nice link, talks about last day of the season and staying up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 am

At this point, I really don't give a flying one how we stay up, as long as we do.

We have 52 points - usually, that would be plenty to stay up in any division. Our form has been nigh on fantastic in recent weeks/months.

If we lose tomorrow but survive because of results elsewhere, it won't feel like a fluke. The work was done in getting points at places like Southend and Chesterfield, not to mention beating promotion-chasing sides like Exeter and Cheltenham at home.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:07 pm

I can't really remember a single individual post from Innocent Egbunike, but I greatly appreciate the name/avatar combo every time I see it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
not to mention beating promotion-chasing sides like Exeter.

Please, we never chased promotion, we just woke up one day in the frame then were so shocked we managed just the one point from the last seven games, oddly enough from the one game I was able to get to, four wins and two draws from six away games for me this season, spooky huh? (assuming we shall belly up at Chesterfield Saturday).
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm

If Argyle stay up, thats not something that should be celebrated. A club like this shouldnt be in this situation in the first place.

When Roy Keane was sunderland manager, he didnt let the club have a parade when they won the championship, he said a club like theres shouldnt be in that division in the first place, I know keane is a bit mental and can talk crap but that sentiment is relivant here i feel
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

I agree. Totally no cause for celebration. It should involve a shrug on the shoulders. And immediately start organising for next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Dane. wrote:
If Argyle stay up, thats not something that should be celebrated. A club like this shouldnt be in this situation in the first place.

When Roy Keane was sunderland manager, he didnt let the club have a parade when they won the championship, he said a club like theres shouldnt be in that division in the first place, I know keane is a bit mental and can talk crap but that sentiment is relivant here i feel
agree with all of that dane, yes i do want argyle to avoid disaster i've followed them for forty five years before pokestown prick or some other aviva say's i'm not a praaper fan. but this season like last under brent and his superfan groupies as been shite!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Saturday Shootout.   The Saturday Shootout. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Saturday Shootout.
Page 1 of 1