Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

saturday is do or die

Go down 
AuthorMessage

saturday is do or die Empty
PostSubject: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:50 pm

I know we wont be relegated if we lose on saturday,but i think it will be all over bar the sobbing if we do! somehow we have got to beat cheltenham its as simple as that, our only other home game is against rovrum the rest three tough away matches despite the twats infesting the top of the club we have got to stay in the league or face years of facing dogshit small town clubs!Come on shez we are relying on ya bey! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:57 pm

The quicker we can secure our league status the quicker John Sheridan will sign his new contract and start planning for next season and the players we want to keep will be offered new deals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Ive a sneaky feeling we might get something at Chesterfield, youre right about the rest of the games though...looking grim!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
The quicker we can secure our league status the quicker John Sheridan will sign his new contract and start planning for next season and the players we want to keep will be offered new deals.

Knowing Brent we will probably feck that one up as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry of Manchester wrote:

Knowing Brent we will probably feck that one up as well

He is probably lining up Warnock to appease the "fans" that exist in Ian's head lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 pm

It really wouldn't surprise me at all to find out "Supporter" has contacted Warnock himself already, telling him that if he wants the job leave it to uncle Ian and it will be sorted.

Then the news leaks out, Sheridan is understandably so angry he walks out and Argyle are at the mercy of larrieu for the last few games.

"I did what I had to do. I put my head above the parapet and spoke for the silent majority"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 pm

The sad part is that last season when most people thought we were nailed on for the chop we were safe with 2 games to go and ended with 46 points. This season there is still a number to go and we already have 46. The magic number of 50 and you're safe is not looking like safety right now. We win one, the results go our way elsewhere and it looks bright. We lose one and the results elsewhere go in the opposite direction and it's back to square one.

We could lose every match and it could still be enough if this merry-go-round of winning and losing stops. On the other hand this may be the season when the magic 50 number becomes useless with all of the bottom teams winning those they should be losing on paper and losing others they might win. I'm beginning to think it could be at least 52 before you can breath a bit easier.

The only consolation, and I really had to dig for some, is that our form against teams at the top of the table has improved greatly over recent weeks. Fleetwood, Southend away and then Exeter were all games few would have realistically thought we would get points out of. It is the lower teams we have not done so well against. As we have mostly upper reaches matches left then hopefully this trend can continue. Straws grasping at it might be but I can't think of anything else to get positive about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I honestly think 4 points would be enough to stay above York and Aldershot but wouldn't like to bet my life on it.

York may gain impetus from yesterday but I can't see them winning more than two games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:17 pm

I think two wins will be enough, it looks a tough set of games to me if we win on sat i think we will scrape it, lose and we are looking for miracles! don't remember to many of them at home parlk lately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 pm

A win and two draws will see us safe on goal difference cuing much crowing and an extra fanfest where Newell will auction a pair of Brent's skid mark stained Y fronts as proof of how worried he was, NIKKKKK will buy them as they have a COA and are obviously worth £25000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
A win and two draws will see us safe on goal difference cuing much crowing and an extra fanfest where Newell will auction a pair of Brent's skid mark stained Y fronts as proof of how worried he was, NIKKKKK will buy them as they have a COA and are obviously worth £25000.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm

That's the rub though Jock, in previous seasons you probably would have bet your shirt on it because it has always been that way. It just doesn't look a sure thing this time around even though it perfectly well may be and the norm will be reinstated. Last season the bottom dropped out of 2 sides but this time they are all, including us, hanging in there to the death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 pm

True SG, this season is a strange one for the bottom of the league. Since Sheridan took over Argyle have been accumulating points at a play-off club's rate and yet one defeat has us right back in the shit.

That's how crap Fletcher was but also that so many lower table sides have also been picking up points. As much as the wins against Exeter, Fleetwood and Southend have been unexpected and welcome, it may come down to the two nil nils at home against relegation rivals that prove the decisive factor.

The York defeat will be another telling result if Argyle do go down. A draw even would have been priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 pm

It is weird because as bad as we were under Fletcher we were never adrift at the bottom until very late on and even then it wasn't much adrift. As you say, under Sheridan we have had promotion form points wise and yet still we are hanging on a cliff edge. Last season we were miles behind from the start and the form never really took off where you could describe it as promotion points accummulation. But we were safe with room to spare.

Not so sure about pointing a finger at specific results. You could point it at any loss or draw throughout as being the one or ones. It just becomes more obvious the closer the season end is I think where you start to look at individual results then. I'm still not that hopeful if I'm honest but have everything crossed and am tollerating the discomfort it's creating for the cause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: saturday is do or die   saturday is do or die Empty

Back to top Go down

saturday is do or die
Page 1 of 1