Pete1886
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
akagreengull
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Come on, biting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Just to put this into perspective. I watched the Chelsea match tonight and there was one stand out tackle made by David Luiz. Went over the top of the ball, quite deliberately if you watched the slowmo. That could have broken the other players leg although it didn't I know. He got a yellow card. That's it, no ban, no terrible headlines no doubt.

Suarez bit somebody on the arm. Not nice but not career threatening in any way unless you consider the possibility of rabies. 10 match ban. Which was worse in reality?

I have seen numerous tackles like the one tonight and at worst it is a red with a 3 match ban. I still think 10 is over the top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm

I heard a rumour that the reason the ban is so long is because the bite was just to distract everybody whilst he slid his index finger up the defenders rectum, it's just a rumour though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:47 pm

I didn't see the Chelsea player complaining about the finger though so it couldn't have been considered a foul by him. I did hear that John Terry complained he wasn't shown the same respect but that's only rumour as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 pm

10 games is over the top, but he is a little cnut.

Have they taken into consideration his previous indiscretions? If not then it is way, way too far to ban him for a quarter of the season when far worse goes on week in week out.

I was sent off in a Sunday League game for "chewing gum in a threatening way aimed at the referee" lol! The fine was £15 and I had a 3 match ban, for chewing gum threateningly! scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Yea but was it already in the Ref's mouth though Jock. (The chewing gum I mean before anyone takes that wrongly).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 am

Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 81d11910-b12b-41a1-ad67-d0dd9f079930
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 pm

The ban certainly cost them big time yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2