akagreengull
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all Empty
PostSubject: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:24 pm

What a lovely little chap he is, a diver, a cheat, a foul mouthed racist and now trying to impersonate Hannibal Lectar (again). So the Liverpool owners/directors and manager all come out today and say his behaviour is "totally unacceptable". But guess what! he will stay at the club, because he is"too valuable a player".
What a negative example to young players he is, and how sad such a big club with such a great history can stoop so low and pander to a thug (albeit gifted).
Bill Shankley must be turning in his grave!
Premier league? shove it!
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Hear hear
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm

What a nasty little man he is.

What made me laugh was the scouser being interviewed on the news who thought he shouldn't be punished because, and I quote...'it was only a playful bite'.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Liverpool have just received a bid for him from Borussia Munchonacentreback though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Holding footballers up as role models has always bothered me; I'd prefer my children looked elsewhere for a role model and decided that their parents were role models.

It's fairly inevitable when young men are surrounded by people who are willing to say "yes" to them constantly, where they are idolised by thousands and paid a £million every four or five months that they're going to behave the way they do.

I'd rather he bit John Terry.

Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all Post-2421-0-43999900-1366564949
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:46 pm

So - he bit someone. He didn't set out to break anyone's leg. He didn't knock them out with an elbow. He didn't stick one on anybody.

Shock horror! Top footballer behaves badly! affraid
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:51 pm

hairy j wrote:
Holding footballers up as role models has always bothered me
This.

We've got an uneducated South American peasant playing in a country where he doesn't understand the green cross road let alone the language and the moral code of it's denizens, and people expect him to be a saint. He doesn't care, all he knows is that he's been told to score goals for his football team. He's got where he is by having a ruthless streak, a streak that's probably been encouraged every step of the way by coaches and even fans of his own clubs.

Personally I thought there were a couple of really nasty, over the ball tackles which were much more unsightly than Suarez's bite...The potential leg-breakers are a cowardly blight on the game whereas a bite, although certainly unusual, is not much more unsavoury than the pro who purposefully treads on toes during corners.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:04 pm

an uneducated south American peasant !!!!!!!!!affraid ever thought of joining UKIP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 pm

There was a bloke on 5 live talking about this today. His take was that if Liverpool put him up for sale there would be half a dozen premiership clubs queing up to make an offer. Ergo if he is such a bad bloke and he shouldn't be playing for Liverpool then why should it be ok for others to buy him and he play there. Now, as much as I think he is a tosser of the first order, he isn't the only player to dive, commit offences on or off the pitch and be a bad model. The whole of football is littered with the first second and third of those. It is hypocracy from other fans and managers and footballers to suggest otherwise.

Ban him for 10 games as a punishment if they must but please don't come out with a load of crap. This by the way is not intended as a defence of Suarez either. Just pointing out he is as odious as many others and no more.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 pm

tcm wrote:
an uneducated south American peasant !!!!!!!!!affraid ever thought of joining UKIP?
Middle child of 7 to a single mother, his *very* poor family moved from rural Uruguay to Montevideo when he was a kid, he learnt on the streets, didn't go to school, and couldn't afford boots to attend national training camps...

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 pm

akagreengull wrote:
What a negative example to young players he is,

I agree, I would prefer that the young players at Muff remain losers, I would hate for them to become winners like Suarez.

The bite was another example of the crazy from a player whose behaviour it would be difficult to admire but considering his background can probably be understood. I hate cheats but love players who give everything they have for the cause, I would love to see a couple of players with his attitude and about a twentieth of his ability at ECFC.

97th minute of what was in effect a nothing EoS game and he is still working his nuts.

It's a sending off offence, 3 game ban and any tarts calling for more need to sort their make up out, there were far worse challenges in the game which could have caused serious harm.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:11 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Holding footballers up as role models has always bothered me
This.

We've got an uneducated South American peasant playing in a country where he doesn't understand the green cross road let alone the language and the moral code of it's denizens, and people expect him to be a saint. He doesn't care, all he knows is that he's been told to score goals for his football team. He's got where he is by having a ruthless streak, a streak that's probably been encouraged every step of the way by coaches and even fans of his own clubs.

Personally I thought there were a couple of really nasty, over the ball tackles which were much more unsightly than Suarez's bite...The potential leg-breakers are a cowardly blight on the game whereas a bite, although certainly unusual, is not much more unsavoury than the pro who purposefully treads on toes during corners.

Yeh............ it's a cultural thing I reckon lol!

He's a fekkin brilliant player though. Never gives up, bitin, scratchin, shovin. He'd be first on my teamsheet !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 am

I like him. He should be banned for a bit as you cant do what he did, but I have seen far far worse on the pitch. Ben Thatchers elbow and Roy Keane GBH on Haaland spring to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Not a bad shout there with the 10 game ban although I think that is way over the top. Would they have done that to an England player I have to ask.

There were a couple of Liverpool supporters interviewed on the news tonight who thought it was way too excessive. Suggestion is that if you break somebodies leg then that's ok as it's only a red card and 3 matches out but this was somehow way worse than that. Bit hard to fault that logic really. It was way out of order but this is way over the top. Half that would have been sufficient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Where have all the Norman Hunters gone I ask you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm

I remember watching the Leeds v Chelsea cup game from back in the 70's which was being analysed by a modern day Ref. His take was that it would have been abandoned after the first half because there would have been insufficient players on the pitch. Most of the tackles were not even a booking then let alone a sending off. Was bloody good viewing though for a neutral. Spent most of the time wincing and waiting for the next launch through the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I remember watching the Leeds v Chelsea cup game from back in the 70's which was being analysed by a modern day Ref. His take was that it would have been abandoned after the first half because there would have been insufficient players on the pitch. Most of the tackles were not even a booking then let alone a sending off. Was bloody good viewing though for a neutral. Spent most of the time wincing and waiting for the next launch through the air.

Hee hee I remember it well -

"The replay at Old Trafford, watched by a television audience of 28 million, a record for an FA Cup final, became one of the most notorious clashes in English football for the harshness of play, which exceeded the previous game's at Wembley. The referee in charge of both games, 47-year old Eric Jennings from Stourbridge, in his last season as a Football League referee, allowed rough play by both sides throughout, playing the advantage to its full extent. He booked only one player, Ian Hutchinson of Chelsea, during the game.

Modern-day referee David Elleray reviewed the match in 1997, and concluded that the sides would have received six red cards and twenty yellow cards between them, in the modern era of football. Tommy Baldwin and Terry Cooper, admittedly two of the quieter men in the two sides, were kicking lumps out of one another, as the battle began. Not long into the game, Chelsea's Ron Harris caught winger Eddie Gray with a kick to the back of the knee, an action which neutralised the Scottish winger for the rest of the game. Norman Hunter and Ian Hutchinson traded punches while McCreadie and Johnny Giles lunged at opposition players. Charlton kneed and headbutted Peter Osgood while Chelsea's goalkeeper Peter Bonetti was injured after being bundled into the net by Leeds' Jones, who, minutes later, rounded the limping Bonetti and scored the opener.

Chelsea equalised twelve minutes before the end, after a flowing move, from which Osgood scored with a diving header from a Charlie Cooke cross. Jackie Charlton should have been marking Osgood but had 'lost' him whilst chasing Hutchinson to exact retribution for a deadleg administered in the Chelsea penalty area a minute or so earlier. In scoring, Osgood became the last player to date to have scored in every round of the FA Cup. With the game ending 1–1, the final once again went into extra time. One minute before the first period of extra time was to end, Chelsea's Hutchinson sent in a long throw-in that missed almost every player in the penalty area but came off Charlton's head towards the far post, before being put into the unguarded net by Webb to give Chelsea the lead for the first time in the two games. They kept the lead until the end, securing their first FA Cup win."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I would love to be able to do a Dr Who on some of the modern day players and transport them back and make them play one of those teams. I wonder how long they would last on the pitch being the big fairies they are. Dive without being touched and risk being trampled to death in the follow through although the chances of getting away without being touched might be slight. How many would have the bottle for it I wonder.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Liverpool will probably appeal and the ban will be halved.

Luis Suarez and Carlos Tevez are from the same mould. Supremely gifted players, but Proper Uneducated Wankers.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am

am i missing summut? biting someone, thats assault, and a date with mr beak, unlesss you are famous???

suitable punishment? football wise - some sunday league match, with no ref and all the other players in paraboots.

feckin softy tw@
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 am

There were moves to protect gifted, skilful players for a long time. It was too easy to clog them into submission.

Unfortunately that led to players diving, feigning injury and intimidating the ref.

Time for a little compensatory swing back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

Tyson twatted, "stuff happens", yeh not like he bit the guys ear off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:04 pm

10 game ban is too much i feel. to the end of the season yes but any longer than that stinks of the fa trying to win awards not dispense justice
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Shouldn't have been done in games. Should have got 9 months and Liverpool should be fined as well for failing to control there player
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Dane. wrote:
Shouldn't have been done in games. Should have got 9 months and Liverpool should be fined as well for failing to control there player

you could say the same about that other player that did it last week i think it was a chelsea player im not sure.

A heavy fine and banned till the end of the season would have been enough considering liverpool fined him heavily aswell. I dont see Luis staying at liverpool in the summer so i think he has played his last game for them. Despite his character and what has done since being in the premiership he is a natural goalscorer that they will missed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all   Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all Empty

Back to top Go down

Suarez - the hypocrisy of it all
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next