greensleeves
Freathy
Fresh-Prince
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fresh-Prince

Hypocrisy at its finest Empty
PostSubject: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:49 pm

From today's article bemoaning the fixture list

Herald Sport[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] understands there was 'disappointment' among Argyle officials that their request was not met.

Suddenly Brent is concerned about a drop in capacity for big games! 
Apparently its ridiculous to want an extra 2000 seats to provide a 20,000 capacity ground, but its a problem when we drop 2,800 seats during the redevelopment and we have to ask the league for dispensation. I'd get used to turning people / money away from Home Park if I were you Brent since it apparently upsets you so much. Makes me laugh that he actually CAN see a problem with a small capacity at Home Park when its as glaringly obvious as it will be for the 2 forthcoming home Devon derbies - that he's suddenly all panicky that we won't get the revenue from the 2,800 grandstand seats for those 2 games and 'disappointed' that the big bad FA weren't so compliant as the natives down here when he wanted something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:11 pm

feckin shame ain't it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:26 pm

I hate brent so much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:28 pm

To be fair I expect his lip is quivering and I'm sure there will be one or two that will be seeing it in his eyes. Let's wait and see eh.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Torquay had the same problem when they were building their new  grandstand.They asked for derby fixtures to be moved and were met by a blank refusal by the football league.More or less the same thing is happening to Argyle this coming season.They have asked for fixtures to be moved and have like Torquay been kicked in the teeth.We are in an economic recession and every penny of income counts.Would the football league do this to the bigger clubs. I think not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:01 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Torquay had the same problem when they were building their new  grandstand.They asked for derby fixtures to be moved and were met by a blank refusal by the football league.More or less the same thing is happening to Argyle this coming season.They have asked for fixtures to be moved and have like Torquay been kicked in the teeth.We are in an economic recession and every penny of income counts.Would the football league do this to the bigger clubs. I think not.
I agree with what you say about treating small clubs like shit greensleeves, but brent and his lapdogs want argyle to be small and shit thats thats why he's building a mini ground! i'm glad they ignored him, it his choice to show no ambition for argyle we dont have to be football dwarfs, i'm just grateful we've got a club zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:18 pm

If it means that Brent will loose a few pennies from of his indirect asset strip then I won't be losing any sleep over it and remember, season tickets are selling extremely well...apparently.

Last edited by GOB on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Maybe its the council that want argyle to be small and shit.a bigger home park footprint for the club(i.e.grandstand) would mean james brent has to develop a bigger area than higher home park to make development commercially viable, a bigger footprint would mean encroaching on the green lung.Friends etc etc are against that.catch 22.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm quietly confident the bulldozers won't be rocking up in September - the Football League probably think the same.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Sarky, probably be next year before bulldozers arrive, but hey whats the rush...the present stand has been here since 1951 FFS.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Of course, the redevelopment could have been timed to take place across the close season, starting as soon as the last game is over (hopefully with Newell and family still trying to find innocent people to throw pints over in the Bizniss Lainge).

Though, that would put football a bit too close to the heart of the reason of the development.

Brent ait.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Sarky, probably be next year before bulldozers arrive, but hey whats the rush...the present stand has been here since 1951 FFS.

Que sera Al - must say Mr Brent does seem rather eager to crack on!! Timing is the key to most business - must be a pressing reason, wonder what?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Andy,you mean I could be sitting in the Lyndhurst next season...god forbid,who is going to pour my wine.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm

The League must get loads of these requests on the basis of plans that more often than not come to nothing. If Argyle had already had planning granted, then it would have been looked at more sympathetically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Andy,you mean I could be sitting in the Lyndhurst next season...god forbid,who is going to pour my wine.

From what I hear of the lounge these days - you get it in yer lap if the face don't fit!! Pour the f*cker yer self!!Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Let's get it right, you guys are getting your knickers in a twist because Brent wont spunk 5 million quid to satisfy your pie in the sky, billy big bollox, wet dreams, yet he is a cnut for bemoaning the loss of actual revenue from your's and the Turk's cup finals which might have helped you sign a player or two?

Ungrateful don't even come close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Let's get it right, you guys are getting your knickers in a twist because Brent wont spunk 5 million quid to satisfy your pie in the sky, billy big bollox, wet dreams, yet he is a cnut for bemoaning the loss of actual revenue from your's and the Turk's cup finals which might have helped you sign a player or two?

I think it's more that he's happy for the capacity to be smaller when completed but he doesn't want it restricted while the mini-stand is being built. Bit of a case of wanting his cake and eating it but then finding out Newell's eaten all the cake already so deducting the price of the cake from the seasons budget.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I think it's more that he's happy for the capacity to be smaller when completed but he doesn't want it restricted while the mini-stand is being built. Bit of a case of wanting his cake and eating it but then finding out Newell's eaten all the cake already so deducting the price of the cake from the seasons budget.

Now why couldn't any of these other muppets have explained it that clearly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Now why couldn't any of these other muppets have explained it that clearly?

I know that you can't educate Pork, so why bother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

From what I hear of the lounge these days - you get it in yer lap if the face don't fit!! Pour the f*cker yer self!!Very Happy Very Happy
The guy who is supposed to have got a pint poured over him posts on here regularly.Would be good if he posts his version of events.Andy, you Malcolm, and Jim will always be welcome in the lounge.But I guess you already knew that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 pm

the events of hassle in the sponsors lounge are true. Having spoken to a sponsor ,i know that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:09 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

The guy who is supposed to have got a pint poured over him posts on here regularly.Would be good if he posts his version of events.Andy, you Malcolm, and Jim will always be welcome in the lounge.But I guess you already knew that.

I'm sure they'll be overcome with glee to have got your seal of approval.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:33 am

Is this a full outing? or members only?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 am

Small minded, insular, self promoting and controlling.

The name of the game for the reluctant bidder's jamboys.

He's no fool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy at its finest   Hypocrisy at its finest Empty

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy at its finest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next