Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

....and now for something completely different!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

....and now for something completely different!!! Empty
PostSubject: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm

4 games left

Burton (A)
Chesterfield (A)
Rotherham (H)
Rochdale (A)

how many points realistically do we need out of the 12 on offer that could 100% guarantee our league survival? Me, i would say pending on other results another 3-4 points.

Last edited by Angry of Manchester on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:08 pm

I think the 23rd team will get 51 points so one more win would be enough in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think the 23rd team will get 51 points so one more win would be enough in my opinion.

3-4 should be enough i agree it all depends on the teams around us and how they do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 pm

To 100 % guarantee safety is prolly 55/56 but realistically 51 should be enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm going out on a limb here.....

We can stay up - realistically - with 0 more points. I genuinely believe that.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Aldershot, York and Torquay all have at least 2 winnable games left. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up those points. Given that I reckon we need 4 to be safe. Hopefully we can get them in these next two away games. Although our home form has been good recently, Rotherham looks a tough game, and I don't fancy needing something at Rochdale on the last day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:10 pm

hairy j wrote:

interesting is your belief stem from the other teams not picking up any points from now till the end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Torquay have Barnet, Morecombe and Bristol Rovers

York have Northampton, Southend and Dagenham

Aldershot have Wycombe, Southend, Dagenham and Rotherham

We have 4 games and a better goal difference. That goal difference is worth a point.

Chesterfield away is the key game for me. They have Bradford on Saturday and if they don't win that, I think their season is over.

I don't expect us to win on Saturday. It's set up for a cynically predictable drubbing - all those fans doesn't equate to a win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
hairy j wrote:

interesting is your belief stem from the other teams not picking up any points from now till the end?

Rather not picking enough points up AND our goal difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 pm

I think 1 more point to be fair will do it. We can all relax after the Rochdale game and reflect on another dismal season of utter shit, if you think its bad now the futures even worse under Sahib Brent or his tuppenny underling Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Ive said it before and i say it again...when the football becomes something of note then maybe it can become the main axis of conversation.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 pm

I agree with Hairy really, should be safe already but one more win would be handy to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Looking at them four games it's easy to see you getting nowt except your form hasn't been three bad, and strangely three points more would be plenty, the three below will not all get 5 from 3 and the other three have got nothing going for them at all, it'll be the open top bus and Muriels all round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Looking at them four games it's easy to see you getting nowt except your form hasn't been three bad, and strangely three points more would be plenty, the three below will not all get 5 from 3 and the other three have got nothing going for them at all, it'll be the open top bus and Muriels all round.

i take it you havent view pasoti today Wink go look now lol
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I only follow links to Pashitty, looking through all that dross would do my 'ead in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

That bus is going to be cheap as there's been a recent local cancellation.

Wee'ze got a droiver un all un ee'ze dwan it fur free.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by hairy j on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

I only follow links to Pashitty, looking through all that dross would do my 'ead in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

take a look it has to be seen to be believed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 pm

hairy j wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

That bus is going to be cheap as there's been a recent local cancellation.

Wee'ze got a droiver un all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nool genuiningly believed that this advert campaign would put the club on the map and came about because of Sir Roy links to aviva. merchandise is still collecting dust in a skip somewhere i think lol
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

That's a link to the home page Angry, was there something specific you thought I met enjoy ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

That's a link to the home page Angry, was there something specific you thought I met enjoy ?

look up its on the homepage its the murals you mentioned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Last season as I said elsewhere on a similar topic, we had 46 points and were safe with 2 games to go. This season however the magic 50 may not be enough and I can see somebody going down with those points. One win in the remaining matches ought to do it for sure. Not numerically but I cannot see all of the teams winning all of the games and Torquay and Barnet is either only a one pointer each or one gets a zero so effectively one of them has 2 games left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:37 am

Torquay seem to have ODed on something and are in free-fall, I think they are screwed.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:46 am

Have a ticket for the Gull's/Barnet game tomorrow, I really don't want to see them go down, they need to win tomorrow, but on current form I think they will struggle to get anything out of the game.
Unlike Argyle they don't have the advantage of intimidating atmosphere or support to fall back on. Will be sitting in the new stand Bristow's bench for the first time tuned on the radio to the Burton game, and oh yes, suppose to piss down tomorrow.
So fingers crossed excepting the lot in red strips, Devon does well at footie tomorrow. cheers
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 am

Still need one more win. Unexpected points will be picked up by the other teams at the bottom - they always are.

So, whilst my bottom isn't as squeaky as it was, it's still making noises.

Which is too much information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:34 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Still need one more win. Unexpected points will be picked up by the other teams at the bottom - they always are.

So, whilst my bottom isn't as squeaky as it was, it's still making noises.

Which is too much information.

lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Now home again listening to Argyle match, after Gulls/Barnet game called off at 13.40 ue to waterlogged pitch, grrr! I only travelled for 10mins, felt sorry for the Barnet fans walking away from the ground in the pouring rain. Loads of people made a wasted journey due to postponement at such a late hour.
Unfortunately as I type, York are winning 1-0, not good. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ....and now for something completely different!!!   ....and now for something completely different!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

....and now for something completely different!!!
Page 1 of 1