Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...

Go down 
+9
Lord Tisdale
Rickler
Tgwu
Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
GreenSam
Dane
Mapperley, darling
VillageGreen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... Empty
PostSubject: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am

A busy weekend approaches for all of the relegation threatened sides,one which could define the season.

Argyle will be hoping to secure 6 points against Exeter City on Saturday,then away to York City on the Bank Holiday Monday.

Aldershot Town face Rochdale (a) and Oxford United (h)
York City have Bristol Rovers (a) and ourselves (h)
Accrington Stanley play Wycombe Wanderers (a) and Burton Albion (h)
Barnet will Play Dagenham and Redbridge (h) and AFC Wimbledon (a)
Torquay United face Northampton Town (a),then Bradford City (h)
AFC Wimbledon Have Rotherham United (a),then Barnet (h)
Rochdale will play Aldershot Town (h) and Exeter City (a)
Dagenham and Redbridge will face Barnet (a) and Bristol Rovers (h)

Do we all believe that Argyle can get 6 points over this crucial period,or could we settle for a win and a draw. The Herald believes it could be a defining moment for sure.

If Argyle can get a victory on Saturday [in front of a decent crowd also],that will boost confidence ahead of the trip to York City,who i think will lose at Bristol Rovers..

Argyle and York City are the only two to be playing on the Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 am

two defeats in my book, ever the optomist, i think we'll only concede 4 goals
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Im going for 6 points this weekend, Argyle are riding a wave at the moment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 pm

If you asked me a month ago I would have said two points if lucky, after recent games I will say a minimum of four, six wouldn't shock me too much.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:56 pm

4 points I reckon, which I think would be very good.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:03 pm

I'd take 4, as long as the 3 pointer came against York.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Two nil-nils and one world cup, do daa, do daa
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Over 10,000 seat so far been sold

SATURDAY'S Devon Expressway Derby has grabbed the imagination of the Green Army like never before, with ticket sales up a massive 500% on the average home game.

The match is all-ticket – no cash will be taken the turnstiles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:

SATURDAY'S Devon Expressway Derby has grabbed the imagination of the Green Army like never before, with ticket sales up a massive 500% on the average home game.

So the likelihood of 13,000 for a team Bottom of L2, that's why we only need a 17,000 capacity Brent

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

So the likelihood of 13,000 for a team Bottom of L2, that's why we only need a 17,000 capacity Brent

Evil or Very Mad
The fans are waiting for argyle to show some sort of slight ambition and they will back them! brent needs to listen to the ordinary fans not the rimmers or the sad superfans, build a proper grandstand jimmy, not a fooking mini stand/ brents bench lash up!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

500%?

So a crowd of about 30,000 then?

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Expect songs about the blue square league and also blue square cards being shown to us on Saturday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Expect songs about the blue square league and also blue square cards being shown to us on Saturday

Brent and his blue square stand you mean

Edit to add Mansfield Town have a bigger main stand then Brenty-boys abomination, blue square ambition for an owner that dosnt give a toss about PAFC

Maybe someone could remind the likes of Nool and his farmyard chums of this dubious honor that Mansfield will have a bigger stand then Argyle

Last edited by punchdrunk on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:
If we lose mine's ready, i will wave it at brent and the throbbers in the directors box.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 pm

Just notice if Brent reckoned our average gate is 6000 and we increase our tickets sales by 500% that would be a gate of 30,000 this Saturday

Last edited by Tgwu on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Rickler wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

500%?

So a crowd of about 30,000 then?

Probably means individual tickets, not inc. season tickets.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 am

punchdrunk wrote:

So the likelihood of 13,000 for for our cup final, that's why we only need a 17,000 capacity Brent

Evil or Very Mad

Amended for factuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Cup final? Come on Tis you and I well know that this is only a stain on the toilet bowl of our meteoric rise to hugeness again, it's like having to stand in a turd and walk it in on a nice carpet having to play you lot, but it's a dirty job and someone's got to do it. Razz
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:06 pm

I will go for a full 6 pts over the long weekend.

I think we need the pts more than Exeter City do and with a decent sized crowd behind Argyle,i believe those pts will be in the bag at the final whistle.

That will set Argyle up for the long trek North to face York City,who i believe will still be in the bottom two when we face them on Monday.

I have just been up to collect my ticket for Saturday's clash and the chap who was in front of me was told that there are not that many seats left ?. He was told that the only seats left seem to be all down at the front end of whatever area he was quoted.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:36 pm

I think that was me village
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Ummmmm. I seem to have the weekend free now. To go or not to go? Or, alternatively, I could stay at home, drink gallons of Stella, have lots of rumpy pumpy, eat KFC and pizza, watch the entire '24' box set and the new Sky1 futuristic drama 'revolutions' , more sex and KFC!

Pfst, decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Stella?! KFC?! In preference to the mighty Greens!? Look how far we've fallen.......
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Ummmmm. I seem to have the weekend free now. To go or not to go? Or, alternatively, I could stay at home, drink gallons of Stella, have lots of rumpy pumpy, eat KFC and pizza, watch the entire '24' box set and the new Sky1 futuristic drama 'revolutions' , more sex and KFC!

Pfst, decisions, decisions.

Good News! you could do it all, Stella before the game and the rest after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm

knecht wrote:
Stella?! KFC?! In preference to the mighty Greens!? Look how far we've fallen.......

Because I'm a fat knacker - it would always take preference, Knecht.

You know what? f*ck em, I'm going tomorrow. You and Pepsipete have inspire me to put Argyle before my beloved KFC. If we lose, it's your feckin fault.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Have you got a ticket there are non available on the turnstiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...   Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides... Empty

Back to top Go down

Busy weekend for the relegation threatened sides...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next