Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3131
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Doncaster Rovers (Champions elect)

Mansfield Town [h]
Colchester United [a]
Blackpool [h]
Wycombe Wanderers [a]
Exeter City [h]
Hartlepool United [a]

Portsmouth

Yeovil Town [h]
Argyle [h]
Notts County [a]
Cambridge United [h]
Mansfield Town [a]
Cheltenham Town [a]

Stevenage Borough

Colchester United [a]
Morecambe [h]
Carlisle United [a]
Mansfield Town [h]
Yeovil Yown [a]
Accrington Stanley [h]

Luton Town

Barnet [a]
Leyton Orient [h]
Mansfield Town [a]
Notts County [h]
Accringon Stanley [a]
Morecambe [h]


Looking at those last six games, they certainly do pose a serious risk to Argyle's hopes of going up.

Luton or Stevenage could easily pip Argyle, should Argyle not get the points required to go up.

Is it now going "to become a painful job" to remain focused and stay in second spot.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4655
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Can see Pompey winning all 6
Back to top Go down
green_genie

avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Up to us.

Luton can only reach 81 points and relegation form should pass that.

If Stevenage get 18 points from that list I'll be amazed.

Reckon Newport game will seal it
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9892
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:48 pm

If we royally feck it up and end up in the playoffs now then everyone at the club should be sacked.

We will do it im not so confident about coming 2nd but we should do it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3131
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Three more wins would do it for certain, two wins and a couple of draws will probably suffice, Colchester United away or the last home game against Crewe Alexandria could be the days to seal it. I can't see it being the Newport County game now, not unless the side grab the bulls by the horns and go for at Crawley and Pompey.

I hope this does not go right down to the bloody wire.

Should Argyle feck this up big time, someone will have some serious explaining to do.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1870
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:56 pm

Angry wrote:
If we royally feck it up and end up in the playoffs now then everyone at the club should be sacked.

We will do it im not so confident about coming 2nd but we should do it.
I'll help you carry the sacks - can't do it alone.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1562
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Three more wins would do it for certain, two wins and a couple of draws will probably suffice, Colchester United away or the last home game against Crewe Alexandria could be the days to seal it. I can't see it being the Newport County game now, not unless the side grab the bulls by the horns and go for at Crawley and Pompey.

I hope this does not go right down to the bloody wire.

Should Argyle feck this up big time, someone will have some serious explaining to do.
Serious explaining?
I'm sure the usual bollix will be spouted, and in the end it will be the fans fault as usual. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

avatar

Posts : 4813
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 96
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:34 am

The other sides up there are fooking awful, we will be fine
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3761
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 am

Looking at those fixtures, Doncaster, Pompey and Stevenage will finish top 3. Argo will drop into the play-off places at Colchester.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7418
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 am

Freathy wrote:
Looking at those fixtures, Doncaster, Pompey and Stevenage will finish top 3.  Argo will drop into the play-off places at Colchester.

No they won't.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3761
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:15 am

Why not
Back to top Go down
Pafcintheplace



Posts : 849
Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:02 pm

James Brent and Martyn Starnes would be delighted by another Wembley visit.
Not to mention Chris Plebb who will get to get another 5 minutes of fame mic in hand
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

avatar

Posts : 554
Join date : 2013-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
James Brent and Martyn Starnes would be delighted by another Wembley visit.
Not to mention Chris Plebb who will get to get another 5 minutes of fame mic in hand
Brent would enjoy it all the more if we failed to win again.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1870
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Each set of fixtures changes the outlook. Steve Evans will be seething Rant after his players managed to really f**k it up vs Excretia. Mansfield play all 4 teams and he will have them pumped up to get his team into the play-offs. Stevenage play Carlisle who are also fighting for a top 7 finish. Roll on next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3131
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:48 pm

tigertony wrote:
Each set of fixtures changes the outlook. Steve Evans will be seething  Rant  after his players managed to really f**k it up vs Excretia. Mansfield play all 4 teams and he will have them pumped up to get his team into the play-offs. Stevenage play Carlisle who are also fighting for a top 7 finish. Roll on next Saturday.


84 is the target for Argyle to be absolutely certain of going up (Stevenage can only get 83, which has been mentioned elsewhere) or 83 and a better GD. The team now know what they have to do and they should be pumped up for that.

Three more wins or two wins and three draws to confirm it, although less could be needed depending on how the others get on.

There are two possibles for promotion be secured, at Colchester or at home to Crewe.

I am going for Argyle to beat Crawley, draw at Pompey, beat Newport, draw or lose at Colchester 83 (p)/82 and then beat crewe 85 (p) in the final home game.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3761
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:12 am

Can't quite see where 3 wins are going to come from...

Crawley A
Pompey A
Newport H
Colchester A
Crewe H
Grimsby A
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 am

Pumped doesn't cut it. Anybody can get pumped up. Confidence cuts it. But not everyone is confident, despite the throw away pointless footy rhetoric of the managers. Everybody is a Fergy these days.
Difficult to read what goes on in the Argyle team given the ludicrous displays, but nevertheless the Plymouth Sponge are up and long gone.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4458
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 am

It's all over bar the shouting and there won't be much of that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4655
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:40 am

Greenskin wrote:
It's all over bar the shouting and there won't be much of that.


I'd expect a decent crowd and atmosphere for Newport but apart from that it's all been at bit limp.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:40 pm

I'd imagine 4 points more will secure it. I have no doubts we are going up but huge forboding of the clusterfeck close season when Brent makes it clear budget will be the same again because of money spent on manky makeover....
I have a sneaking feeling that more than a few want Argyle to feck this us so as to totally go for the Reluctant one
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
It's all over bar the shouting and there won't be much of that.


I'd expect a decent crowd and atmosphere for Newport but apart from that it's all been at bit limp.

Sorry to hear that, Les.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2472
Join date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:30 pm

feck me, you lot need to grow a pair.

I reckon 3rd place will go up on 76 or 77 points. There's half a chance the players could feck off on holiday now and still go up.

This is the worst Argyle team to get promoted in the worst division we've ever had the shitness to participate in.

I see North Korea are rejoicing however some facts about league two.

24 teams
3 promoted and 4 in the play offs.
A third of the teams not relegated are either promoted or in the play offs.
We have had average attendances in the past 6 years in the top three every season

To be promoted after 3-4 years should have been a minimum, let alone 6.

The question should be why we haven't been promoted before?


Last edited by Dick Trickle on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4655
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm

beesrus wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
It's all over bar the shouting and there won't be much of that.


I'd expect a decent crowd and atmosphere for Newport but apart from that it's all been at bit limp.

Sorry to hear that, Les.


Very Happy Not quite what I meant but I'm not gonna try and deny it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6072
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 25
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
feck me, you lot need to grow a pair.

I reckon 3rd place will go up on 76 or 77 points. There's half a chance the players could feck off on holiday now and still go up.

This is the worst Argyle team to get promoted in the worst division we've ever had the shitness to participate in.

I see North Korea are rejoicing however some facts about league two.

24 teams
3 promoted and 4 in the play offs.
A third of the teams not relegated are either promoted or in the play offs.
We have had average attendances in the past 6 years in the top three every season

To be promoted after 3-4 years should have been a minimum, let alone 6.

The question should be why we haven't been promoted before?

I don't disagree with you (far from it) but I'll try to make a case for the defence...

1. Admin left us with next to nothing. No coaches. No contracted players. No proper manager. No scouts. Nothing. Pretty much. We had to rebuild again more or less from scratch.

2. Nobody wanted to come and play for us. Nobody any good anyway. Word went around that we were royally shafted and just awaiting the moment of truth before we folded. All we could sign was unwanted kids, assorted cast-offs, ne'er-do-wells, desperadoes and old sweats trying to eke out another year because nobody else would even talk to us.

3. We did not emerge from admin debt-free. We knew we were obliged to cough up £4m or so over the next 5 years out of income and income was down to less than £3m per annum. A whopping third of our money was gone before we even started and our credit lines were totally shot so we had to pay up-front in cash for everything out of what remained.

4. Due to the magnificent foresight and benevolence of our beloved owner, his astute - nay faultless and unrivalled - business acumen, various extra-curricular fund-raising activities by indiviuals both too numerous and too modest to name, the GTs and the continuing sacrifices made by the long-suffering staff the situation began to improve and as word got around we were eventually able to recruit a proper manager.

5. From there Sheridan gradually hauled us back from the brink and made us a more attractive proposition to others in the game.

6. We couldn't believe our luck when Adams applied for the job. Once interviewed his name was the only one in the frame. We're lucky to have such an inspiring, dedicated and wonderful individual managing our side and he has made the difficult decisions needed to yet again re-build the squad and to get us where we now are - which'll be our first promotion since 2004 let's not forget.

7. None of this would have been possible without James Brent and his masterful application of a serious and properly budgeted long-term economic plan. He saved our club and we should be eternally grateful for that. From teetering on the very brink of total oblivion to being a thriving club with a team all but nailed on for promotion, despite the numerous handicaps present from the mess the previous directors left behind, is little short of a miracle.

8. And we'd have been here sooner if the HHP plan had gone through and PCC had backed Mr Brent instead of those shysters who only want to build a cinema in the city centre and block out the sea view. It's not our fault it has taken so many years but, in the circumstances, who could have done any better? I don't remember a long queue of potential messiahs forming in our darkest hour when we stood alone and fought them on the beaches. Never has so much been owed by so many to so few.

9. Just you wait until you see the magnificent two-tiered lighthouse in the corners when the refurb goes through. It'll be unique, echo the city's maritime heritage and they'll double as floodlight pylons.

10. Forces of darkness! Your boys have taken one helluva beating!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4785
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Some of that sfd is garbage im afraid. Some of it is correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides   

Back to top Go down
 
The Final Six Games For The Other Top Four Sides
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» McCanns at commenwealth games
» The Hunger Games Trilogy (Spoilers)
» Forum games ideas?
» Creating arcade/adding games to your forum
» How do I add flash games to my forum

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: