Freathy
Dougie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

New Stadium - Fan Consultation Empty
PostSubject: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Now this might not be that important but it's mentioned that fans have already been involved in the designs for the new stand (grand it definitely isn't). I know Richard has already raised in one of his posts but I thought I'd bump it up as a separate issue.

You would have thought ordinary fans would need to know who has been giving their input. Has anyone know who has been involved. Can the Trust or PASB confirm or otherwise that they've been involved? if they haven't can they ask who has?

It would be nice to see the "back of envelope conceived in the back of the car during an away trip with James" ideas they came up with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm

i would say its a safe bet that the usual suspects where consultated and agreed to it all.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Absolutely no proper Argyle fan would have ever endorsed a 4k capacity main stand which reduces the overall ground capacity to 17k because of the sheer damage that does to (what should be) the medium and long term aims of the club i.e. to get back into the Championship. If any 'fans' were involved then they are fans of brent far far more than they are of Argyle i.e. the superfans.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I should have completed catching up on reading. At least part of the answer is out there already.

Quote :
As I said mate, it's what fits in with the design of everything at HHP.

6-9 months to bring it up to 30,000 is not that big an ask is it?

When JB asked me what will the fans ask about most, I said 'Capacity, capacity and capacity'. I was right wasn't I?

I'd much rather it was 20,000 to 22,000 but again, based on nothing but being a fan.

I love the design though, I hated the thought of being another Pride Park, Walkers, St Mary's, SoL identikit stadium.

So said IJN, who is the only person I've seen that they love, LOVE I ask you, the design. Others are grateful but does anyone else LOVE the design.

Oh and I see the GTs have had some involvement. Brent certainly knows which way his paying off the debt bread is buttered.

Only need know need to here that Webb and Son (white feather imminent) and FES were consulted for the square to be completed.

Last edited by Dougie on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Dougie wrote:
I should have completed catching up on reading. At least part of the answer is out there already.

Quote :
As I said mate, it's what fits in with the design of everything at HHP.

6-9 months to bring it up to 30,000 is not that big an ask is it?

When JB asked me what will the fans ask about most, I said 'Capacity, capacity and capacity'. I was right wasn't I?

I'd much rather it was 20,000 to 22,000 but again, based on nothing but being a fan.

I love the design though, I hated the thought of being another Pride Park, Walkers, St Mary's, SoL identikit stadium.

So said IJN, who is the only person I've seen that they love, LOVE I ask you, the design. Others are grateful but does anyone else LOVE the design.

why do i get the feeling that if ian newell was removed from his non deserved directors seat james might actually do a better job!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Newell told me months ago that he was on the development committee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

and what experience has he got? the club and the fans have been tucked up a treat.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:38 pm

What a fatal combination for PAFC. The banker and the windsor boys.....................as predicted.

The only fan involvement they want is the bucket rattling type.

Stand up and fight Trust Board ! F*ck the disco !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Tringreen wrote:
What a fatal combination for PAFC. The banker and the windsor boys.....................as predicted.

The only fan involvement they want is the bucket rattling type.

Stand up and fight Trust Board ! F*ck the disco !

2nd
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Newell is blissfully unaware of what a complete fucktard he is becoming in the eyes of the normal terrace fan. Even the Pasoti masses have at last woken up to the quite disturbing amount of affection he has for Brent.

As for him hating identikit stadia, in case the tw@ hadnt noticed, Phase1 is almost an exact immitation of Leicester and Southampton - only half the f*cking size! That's been there for 11 years! Even sadder is that the Soulless horseshoe is going to be the 'good' bit of the stadium!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:48 pm

To be fair Newell has developed a gut that can house 5,000, albeit without further hospitality.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:48 pm

It's everyone's duty to oppose this development and send the poisonous, odious little banker and his revolting entourage of superfans packing.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Imagine what the whole thing must have looked like without fan involvement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 pm

I get the feeling that If this doesn't go through, road and all, then the club itself could be in danger and of course it won't be James fault.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:33 pm

The road would be a concern for the council surely. Have I got it right that it would wind its way round the side of the Lynhurst and behind the Barn Park End. Be nice playing footie on the pitch next to the ground once that happens.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Are you sure?

Quote :
The original plans had 2 very large kitchens the latest incarnation will probably only have one.

IJN would never countenance that. One kitchen would never produce enough prawn sandwiches to satisfy the proxy director and his REAL friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 pm

I will renounce this sorry excuse for a "grandstand" with every fibre in my body
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Give the fans a 20k stadium or we will send you packing brent.

this should be the message from the aft, not stupid feckin discos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

What is wrong with the Mayflower Stand? Why the need to sterilise the stadium when surely some cosmetic work only is required. I have watched City from the Mayflower on 3 occasions and to say it was intimidating would be a gross understatement. A terrace of huge dockers near the away fans was no picnic for a City fan on his own, unless you kept your mouth shut and I can keep stum when needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:15 pm

I would love to keep the mayflower any day over the present odious plans
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 pm

What is most concerning about this little revelation, is why no one appears to know anything about it.

JB as we now know was badly advised about projected attendance figures while setting the budget for this season. Ridsdale seems to have been blamed at least partly for that. Did anyone else assist with the bad advice?

What else has he been badly advised about? The size and design of the new stand by any chance? Who knows?

These fans..... is it one, two, three, twenty three? Do they represent the views of ALL fans or just their mates? Even worse, are they just telling Brent what they think he wants to hear.

If you wanted to gauge fans thoughts on a new stand, what better way than asking say the Fan's Trust to survey it's members. A good cross section of fans would have been asked their views and a much better idea of what fans wanted to see at THEIR football club would have been found.

How have these "fans" sought the opinions of the greater fan base? Or do they think they know it all?

The thought that too few people who may not have the necessary experience in running a football club, are having a much too big an influence on PAFC is growing.

Consulting unknown fans, who have probably not be elected or selected by any fans group about important subjects such as a new grandstand, while at the same time refusing to speak to the largest fans group because they have dared to ask questions that large numbers of fans would like the answers to; is to say the least bizarre.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Apart from anything else you'd have thought that would be happy to put their name to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Lets be honest if brent said he was going to build the new ungrandstand out of donkey shit, with a capacity of twelve, nool x throbber and the few other brent groupies left would say they love it! its a cheap looking mess just like the ikea dugouts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:41 pm

So its the same old names popping up again then. This club is a carcrash waiting to happen and Brent seems to be pulling strings everywhere, I mean who else could ever attempt a cheeky road system over the covenent ridden Central Park? Hate all the behind the scenes cliques now!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Absolutely no proper Argyle fan would have ever endorsed a 4k capacity main stand which reduces the overall ground capacity to 17k because of the sheer damage that does to (what should be) the medium and long term aims of the club i.e. to get back into the Championship. If any 'fans' were involved then they are fans of brent far far more than they are of Argyle i.e. the superfans.

Don't forget that the away end is unlikely ever to be filled, that the Family Enclosure is sparsely populated and that Blocks 15 and 16 are deemed unusable. A 17000 capacity would limit attendances to around 14000 in practical terms.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stadium - Fan Consultation   New Stadium - Fan Consultation Empty

Back to top Go down

New Stadium - Fan Consultation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next