Tringreen
Dougie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Memberships Go On Sale Empty
PostSubject: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This looks like the equivalent of the green membership for last year which was £340 post early bird. Does it look like the green + ticket has been scrapped.

It doesn't say what discount is being offered compared to the normal price.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:47 am

Dougie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This looks like the equivalent of the green membership for last year which was £340 post early bird. Does it look like the green + ticket has been scrapped.

It doesn't say what discount is being offered compared to the normal price.

Roll up ! Roll up ! jocolor cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 am

Anybody here going to buy a season ticket before to end of this season?

I can't see the the thought of going to HP to watch Argyle v Barrow being much of an incentive.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am

Happy Daze wrote:

I can't see the the thought of going to HP to watch Argyle v Barrow being much of an incentive.

I'm gonna buy one and give it away away to a deserving case........... but only if I can do it on Pasoti, with full fanfare....whadda guy !
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am

I wonder if the club discussed the ticket prices with PASB (we know they wouldn't speak to the Trust). I thought it would be an ideal subject for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Just rung the club and they don't know what the price will be after the early bird offer ends. Bit dumb. Or playing dumb.

So no way of judging if it's "amazing value" or not (regardless of the fact we don't know what league we will be in when "amzing value" will take on a whole different meaning)
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:26 pm

If they don't know then it is just another half-baked, ill thought out scheme in a long list of half-baked, ill thought out schemes introduced by the club.

The lack of direction is beyond irritating.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 pm

If it's the BSP next season the memberships probably won't be much more than the earlybird prices!

Of course if Argyle stay up it's going to be a good discount. Depends on your confidence in survival. Who's going to gamble?
Back to top Go down
Daz Evans

Daz Evans

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 pm

I've seen this today and the price of £299 is absolutely outrageous, I had a look on the Derby County website and I can get a season ticket for me and my son for £325 as opposed to £358 for Argyle. I know we don't know what division we will be in yet but it's still cheaper for a championship one than a league 2 one!

I really can't see people taking them up on this and also the closing date of the early bird special being 2 weeks before the end of the season when it could go to the wire stinks of a cheap marketing ploy, then again it's not like we haven't had them before.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 pm

I think I'll wait at as long as possible until either our league status is clearer or the actual price is known. A football club banking on football fans being stupid again.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Dougie wrote:
I think I'll wait at as long as possible until either our league status is clearer or the actual price is known. A football club banking on football fans being stupid again.

Exactly.In fact,i'll go one step further-there's no way i'll be getting an early season ticket this year unless the quality of pre season signings is sufficient to indicate that the club means busness in trying for automatic promotion next year and that means promotion from this division.Nothing less will do,no more crocks,rejects or firemen,we're shit and i'm sick of it.Not saying that i would never attend matches but the golf course is a far more attractive proposition than another year of garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm

bit silly to offer season tickets at early bird rates when they dont know what league they are going to be in!!!

You could part with £340 now and find they are selling season tickets for £300 as a result of relegation!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 pm

If we stay up I think the £299 is a decent price, quite reasonable really. £13 a game. White mebership seems a tad pricey though.

If we go down then the price should not rise at all. It will, obviously, but it shouldnt.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Am I the only fan that can't read that because I can't see the site using 'Internet explorer'?

It's never worked right for me since the day they changed to the new provider.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Internet Explorer.

Chortle.

Why use an abacus when Casio are churning out calculators ten million times as fast?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Seems obvious they're just waiting to see what league we're in before announcing the full prices. If it's BSP, those are more or less what the prices will be. If it's League Two, they'll be notably higher. I think they're a little steep in either case.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm afraid I consider that trying to get me to renew my season ticket before I ( potentially) know whether the club is going to be kicked into non league obscurity for the first time in it's history as a very cynical attempt to get me to part with my money before the shite ( potentially) hits the fan.
Once I've parted with my money, it won't matter to Argyle whether I can bring myself to turn up and watch non league shite or not because they already have my money.

Nice try Argyle!

Won't be happening!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Happy Daze wrote:

I'm gonna buy one and give it away away to a deserving case........... but only if I can do it on Pasoti, with full fanfare....whadda guy !

Now that would be a long journey !!!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

I'm afraid I consider that trying to get me to renew my season ticket before I ( potentially) know whether the club is going to be kicked into non league obscurity for the first time in it's history as a very cynical attempt to get me to part with my money before the shite ( potentially) hits the fan.
Once I've parted with my money, it won't matter to Argyle whether I can bring myself to turn up and watch non league shite or not because they already have my money.

Nice try Argyle!

Won't be happening!!

I agree with you rich, been a season ticket holder for the last ten years but until we know what league we are in then no money from me.

I`m not a proper fan coz we are playing crap and its bloody cold I will not be attending tonight.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:24 pm

I've had hell of a job convincing myself to go tonight. Freezing my nuts off watching that shite is fast becoming something I can do without.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Internet Explorer.

Chortle.

Why use an abacus when Casio are churning out calculators ten million times as fast?

Because half the world is using an abacus and it might behove you to accomodate them if you want to sell them something?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Quote :
460 White
2200 Green (820 of which are over 65)
440 Green Plus
50 Pilgrim
480 Junior (additional to those counted to Family)
470 Family (of which 118 are double counted, in that they are also in the “Plus” Box)
60 Business/Professional
The total number of memberships is just under 4,500.

Wonder how close the club will get to last year figures.

Of course there was the goodwill and the Brent bounce in there. And if I remember there was also a price freeze.

I'd still like to know how it can be considered amazing value when there is nothing to compare against and even the box office staff haven't been given the discount by going early bird. Well done Argyle on that one.

Also we're the PASB asked/consulted/informed about prices for next season. Kind of page one item one for fan involvement and transparency I would have thought.

And if season ticket are being purchased is the money ring fenced for next year (and I include the off season) or plugging a gap for this year. Another question for PASB. Or perhaps the Trust should ask even knowing they won't get a reply.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Dougie wrote:
Quote :
460 White
440 Green Plus
50 Pilgrim
470 Family (of which 118 are double counted, in that they are also in the “Plus” Box)
60 Business/Professional

Of course there was the goodwill and the Brent bounce in there. And if I remember there was also a price freeze.

I'd still like to know how it can be considered amazing value when there is nothing to compare against and even the box office staff haven't been given the discount by going early bird. Well done Argyle on that one.

Also we're the PASB asked/consulted/informed about prices for next season. Kind of page one item one for fan involvement and transparency I would have thought.

And if season ticket are being purchased is the money ring fenced for next year (and I include the off season) or plugging a gap for this year. Another question for PASB. Or perhaps the Trust should ask even knowing they won't get a reply.

For me if this was amazing value it would be announced on a friday with the regular club email not slipped out on a tuesday night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Speccy and his little gang of knob jockeys must think argyle fans really are that simple, three hundred quid to watch a non league relegation struggle? they will be lucky to sell a thousand!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 am

Dougie wrote:
Quote :
460 White
440 Green Plus
50 Pilgrim
60 Business/Professional

goodwill will be at a premium next season like season ticket holders !!!! lol!

seriously though the club have shown that they think the fanbase is :

A) Stupid
B) Loyal beyond comprehension
C) Looking forward to new horizons

they didnt sell many for this season i reckon it will 30% down at least for next season.

form an orderly queue.....................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memberships Go On Sale   Memberships Go On Sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Memberships Go On Sale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next