Freathy
Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle vs Accrington Empty
PostSubject: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 am

Jiggas,

Today, on the day of our 125 anniversary, we face a side from the depths of the abyss in which we are currently headed. The only thing we've got in common with these chaps is that we've both suffered embarrassing televisual adverts; apart from that they are history-less, small and currently punching above their weight.

Despite this, do no take pity on the individuals within Accrington's inevitably pitiful following. If there is one thing we know about Freddy Lancashire, it is that he is a conniving sort, naturally bitter about being deprived of the glorious greens of the southern shires, generally ineloquent and deeply, deeply untrustworthy. Accrington, it must be noted, lies in between Burnley and Blackburn. I think we can safely assume that their following will consist of pastel white, unkempt proles who emerge every fortnight from a dank, grey council estate in the hope of experiencing something better.

As for their team, I'd be lying if I said I could be bothered to research them. Their 18th in League Two, so will naturally be incapable of stringing more than half a pass together, have no shape or ability whatsoever. Below is the team who plaed the last game. Note, chaps, the number of positively queer Irish names in there, Murphy, McIntyre, Joyce, Craney, Long...these'll be a conniving bunch, make no mistake.

01 Murdoch
03 Winnard
04 Hessey
12 Murphy
17 Long
06 Procter
10 Craney
11 Joyce
14 McIntyre
21 Fletcher
23 Amond

Prediction: Argyle 0-3 Accrington
Crowd: 6k
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:39 am

Accrington have no history? Shocked Plymouth Argyle clinched promotion to division 2 with a 1-1 draw at Peel Park,Accrington,on 25th April 1959,Penk scored the goal.What greater honour could a football club have than to be the hosts when the mighty Pilgrims finally seal their just and pre ordained succcess?

Thye beat Argye 4-2 at Home Park in that season,BTW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:50 am

One of the oldest clubs in the FL and one of the first to go tits up, only recently making it back to the FL in its reincarnation.

I remember seeing a photo of their old ground (Stanley Park?) some years after the club folded, was a sad site with weed infested dilapidated stands. I never believed it could happen to us!

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:16 am

[scouse=on]
"Ian Rush said If I don't drink my milk I'll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley"
"Accrington Stanley? Who are they?"
"Exactly!"
[/scouse]

lol!

One of the first teams to go tits up will tear the latest team to go tits up a completely new arse hole

Plymouth Argylenil 0-3 Accrington Stanley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 am

They have actually gone tits up twice. The original team were called Accrington and were one of the original 12 clubs in the football league. They only lasted a few years and went bust before the turn of the century.

Accrington Stanley were formed whilst the original club were still in existence. They went bust in 1966. The current Stanley were formed in 1968.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:35 pm

I could absolutely murder a pasty or two and several pints of bitter right now.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:39 pm

I sampled Tribute last time I was there and it is quite lovely.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Tringreen wrote:

I've been waiting for something important to say as a first post.

So, here it is......

I could also absolutely murder a (real) pasty or two and several pints of (draught) bitter right now!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:07 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

So, here it is......

I could also absolutely murder a (real) pasty or two and several pints of (draught) bitter right now!

Ha ha ! Welcome to ATD John.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Winning 2-1 against 10 man Stanley.

alien
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Winning 2-1 against 10 man Stanley.

alien

2 - 2 It's not easy playing against 10 man Accrington.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:58 pm

The gap widens at the bottom. The birthday candles and fans reunited lasted one half. It's going to take money to turn it around. Steve Davey not impressed with Argyle at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh well...just, oh well.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:17 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

So, here it is......

Welcome John,if you're ever in the vicinity,try a giant steak pasty from Ellis's bakery in Tavistock,superb.Went to the game today,Stanley looked comfortable until the sending off/penalty incident,probably unlucky not to be winning after a shot nearly uprooted the Argyle upright.Argyle did get on top and score the second goal just before half time,it looked like a comfortable win was on the cards.Should have known better though,i don't think this Argyle team is good enough to be comfortable against anyone, and even with only 10 ten men,Accrington totally dominated the second half and created at least 5 other good chances apart from the goals.Argyle's defending was pretty shambolic,not convinced about Cole,he was definitely responsible for the first goal when he came to punch away,only to find himself three yards away from the ball and the Stanley bloke's head.Doesn't look good and only emphasised the need for the off field crap to be finally sorted and some experienced new players to be brought in.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Never fear, James "legend" Brent will soon be here! His wallet firmly shut while all the time being worshipped by the Beards and Avivas as by far the worst 'team' in League history free falls to non-league oblivion. Won't be long 'till were in the Evostick premier- "well at least I still got me Argo to support" jocolor

We haven't got a f***ing chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:47 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

So, here it is......

Fat chance of getting that at the Aviva fest up there today, the place was rammed and ran out of beer etc ....great logistics and planning chaps!!!
Still i enjoyed my 3.90 plastic bottle of carlsberg underneath the demport Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Managed my first game today. To be honest, I was expecting worse. Lots of hard work. But naive, lacking cohesion and a cool head. What do we expect from mostly a group of young lads, players with limited experience or coming back from injuries? I could criticise various of them but I won't. That would be unreasonable. And I don't usually have a go at refs but I thought today's was dire.

I think one word would sum up our performance.... panic. My advice? Don't panic!
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:55 pm

GOB wrote:
One of the oldest clubs in the FL and one of the first to go tits up, only recently making it back to the FL in its reincarnation.

I remember seeing a photo of their old ground (Stanley Park?) some years after the club folded, was a sad site with weed infested dilapidated stands. I never believed it could happen to us!

Peel Park,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:53 am

punchdrunk wrote:
John_Vaughan wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

So, here it is......

Fat chance of getting that at the Aviva fest up there today, the place was rammed and ran out of beer etc ....great logistics and planning chaps!!!
Still i enjoyed my 3.90 plastic bottle of carlsberg underneath the demport Embarassed

Well the 'good and the great' did criticise others for going to pubs pre match, so maybe the miscreants fell into line ?

It's not easy, this leadership thing jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

funny man wrote:
Lots of hard work. But naive, lacking cohesion and a cool head.

That's a bit hard on the Taverners, FM. Perhaps they should invest in a people clicker and a reservations book. jocolor

Catering is a doddle until you get busy.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Thye beat Argye 4-2 at Home Park in that season,BTW.

In front of over 12k in the 3rd tier.

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:19 am

Pretty much agree with greenskin's assessment. Argyle were shocking in the second half and were lucky to hold onto the win. We looked like we missed Fletch's experience. Several poor performers with Williams (the new 'hoof') the worst. Haven't been since rotherham and it'll be a while before i go back again.

Went to another fansfest and it was better than the last. The 2 comedians didn't seem so restricted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Accrington   Argyle vs Accrington Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Accrington
Page 1 of 1