HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Goal line technology.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Goal line technology. Empty
PostSubject: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 17:26

What a crock of shit, I hate TMOs and Video reffing of all sorts, just let the fecking official make the call, this is feck all to do with the game, it is all about money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 17:43

Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a crock of shit, I hate TMOs and Video reffing of all sorts, just let the fecking official make the call, this is feck all to do with the game, it is all about money.

This with no trace of disagreement from me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 17:48

I agree. Lets go back to tape instead of crossbars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 17:57

I don't understand anyone who wouldn't make use of technology. Especially as this wouldn't slow the game down at all. The ball crosses the line the goal is given. The ball doesn't, it's play on.

Rather than relying on a guy up to 40 yards away? It's a no-brainer for me.

If they also have replays to check as well then no I wouldn't want possible hold-ups.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 18:06

Tennis hasn't suffered for having used technology. Neither's cricket. It has enhanced it for me, and of course serves the purpose of getting the decision correct.

Football, by the very nature of the game is different. I'd be against anything that saw the ref consulting with the touch line video fella every two minutes. But technology on the goal line that could show categorically whether the ball has crossed or not? That's a no-brainer for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 18:32

It's money-driven. It's not a lot to do with sport where the uncertainty of it all is part of the excitement. Taken to its logical conclusion we will end up with a sanitised game played on artificial surfaces with all of the passion and unpredictability removed.

In the end, it's the whining of the likes of Wenger and Ferguson - for whom the ref can do nothing right but who always look the other way when their players do something wrong - that would have me against anything they would want. It's one of the reasons I have no interest in the Premier league nowadays. If it was introduced I'm sure they would question if the micro-chip was set up properly. In the future, when all sport is played on the internet using video-games, the equivalent of Wenger & Ferguson will be challenging the programmers.

OK, I wouldn't go back to tapes instead of cross-bars. Jumpers for goal-posts anyone? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 18:49

Where do you draw the line?
Goal-line technology seems fine but then people will be demanding re-plays of penalty shouts?off-side disputes? fouls? etc
It,ll be Quarter past five and well still be playing out the final minutes.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 18:57

Czarcasm wrote:
hasn't suffered for having used technology. Neither's cricket.
The DRS debacle last winter in the UAE?

I think for clear cut decisions, run outs, etc, it's certainly added to the game at the top level. And I don't want to see any shockers suddenly being given either. There needs to be a better balance than what we had last winter though. A limit to it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 19:17

punchdrunk wrote:
Where do you draw the line?
Goal-line technology seems fine but then people will be demanding re-plays of penalty shouts?off-side disputes? fouls? etc

Therein lies the real gist, if you are going to do it you shouldn't be fecking about with goal line nonsense which has one, two or maybe three major incidents a season. Shirley it would be more relevant to fix the issues of the three or four offsides that might have led to or disqualified goals, or the plethora of penalty shouts each of which could change a game, or the dodgy freekicks awarded to diving arseholes in Man Utd, City or Liverpool shirts. I 4-1 don't want the game being stopped on a regular basis when any swift perusal of the idiots who comment on footy reveals that the kind of morons who progress from the ranks of pro footballers to such exalted heights could argue that black was white when it quite obviously was red.

This is just bollocks and will not remain restricted to the Confed and World Cups, it is just another jobs for the boys exercise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 19:39

Goal-line technology would be the limit for me, otherwise the unpredictability of the game (which for me is part of the reason to watch it) would be diminished.
I can't see how other decisions could come in to it, as it would stop the flow of the game and have a negative effect on the attacking team (defending team able to have players back in position)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goal line technology.   Goal line technology. Empty

Back to top Go down

Goal line technology.
Page 1 of 1