pepsipete
Damon.Lenszner
GreenSam
Jethro
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The problem is solely the Empty
PostSubject: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm

MIDFIELD.

We have a superb defence, we can't constantly blame everything on the strikers.

Hourihane, Young and especially PCH are all absolutely woeful.

Its like watching a fletcher team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:16 pm

err they are a fletcher team :S

john Sheridan is trying to get blood out of a stone and cant get a drop with this shower he has. Your right though the midfield is and has been our weak link we got to sort it asap put Wotton in there now cant do anyworse. Oh and give him the captains strap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
err they are a fletcher team :S

john Sheridan is trying to get blood out of a stone and cant get a drop with this shower he has. Your right though the midfield is and has been our weak link we got to sort it asap put Wotton in there now cant do anyworse. Oh and give him the captains strap.

I meant a fletcher performance, but Hourihane and Young were both Fletcher's golden stars so I suppose it will take a while to knock the love for fletcher's ideas out of them.

Wotton and Lowry and Young on the right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Sounded like PCH had a good game today, I agree the midfield isn't great but Shezza strengthening the wings gets the thumbs up from me, we have been pedestrian in our approach to goal for years, no crosses coming from the by line, none across the face of goal, today it sounded like PCH and Banton were doing that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Iggy wrote:
Sounded like PCH had a good game today, I agree the midfield isn't great but Shezza strengthening the wings gets the thumbs up from me, we have been pedestrian in our approach to goal for years, no crosses coming from the by line, none across the face of goal, today it sounded like PCH and Banton were doing that.

Banton was, PCH is a lot of crap.

The reason people see him as good is because he can do a few step overs and drag backs in the corners before loosing the ball. his end product is always woeful, he struggles to stay onside, his passing is atrocious and his crossing is just abysmal, his only asset is pace. Non league player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:31 pm

I got faith that JS can keep us up by the skin of our teeth (like last season) he is the right man despite my resevations at first, the summertime is going to be cruical for him as i believe he will have a clearout of the playing squad deadwood (backroom staff too hopefully) and build a new one that can get results fitting of a club with some ambition.

I hope this season is a wakeup call to brent ie you cant get away with running a football club on the cheap and your going to hve to front up your own cash if you want success. The fans wont put up with relegation fights year after year an no murals or pasb farces will cover that up.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Iggy wrote:

The reason people see him as good is because he can do a few step overs and drag backs in the corners before loosing the ball. his end product is always woeful, he struggles to stay onside, his passing is atrocious and his crossing is just abysmal, his only asset is pace. Non league player.

Is he the new Young then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Iggy wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Is he the new Young then?

Would rather have Young on the right.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:37 pm

the whole team don't seem to give two shites.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm

PCH is crap, Cobi is spot on there.

Hourihane and Young-I think they're both talented but disadvantaged by playing without a ball winner next to them. Put them next to someone like Ross Jenkins and their technical ability would show. Was a mistake playing them together today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:44 pm

GreenSam wrote:
PCH is crap, Cobi is spot on there.

Hourihane and Young-I think they're both talented but disadvantaged by playing without a ball winner next to them. Put them next to someone like Ross Jenkins and their technical ability would show. Was a mistake playing them together today.

Hourihane has the potential to play alongside a ball winner, but he knows that he is not alongside one therefore he switches to his default defensive setting. I thought he had a cracking game V Morecambe because he actually got forward.

Young simply isn't a central midfielder, I think he is better on the right when he uses his energy to burst down the line and get a decent ball in, certainly better than PCH
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Fair points about Hourihane- he's a complicated player and the two managers we've had have had different ideas of what to do with him. Fletcher had him down as the defensive minded, Joe Allen-esque passmeister who just makes simple short passes to players around him. Sheridan seems to like him to get forward more and express himself which is a role that it's bound to be tough to adapt to. It's why, if he is to play I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him next to a DM.

I'd have to disagree on Young- he's not physical enough at all (thus needing someone physical with him) but he finds space excellently and some of his passes and creative vision can be really, really good. That said, I'd prefer if anything to see him in the attacking central midfield role that Gurreri occupied earlier in the season rather than a flat 4 central midfield.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:06 pm

banton hourihane young pch murray and reid - a front 6 of kids - will never work in this league - sheridan should know better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
banton hourihane young pch murray and reid - a front 6 of kids - will never work in this league - sheridan should know better.

which is why Wotton needs to be brought back. He must be fit by now.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

which is why Wotton needs to be brought back. He must be fit by now.

was on the bench today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:49 am

Saw the BBC highlights and it was PCH that put another in on goal who very nearly scored, he is also our top scorer, sure we would all rather have BWP up front but we haven't. Shezza and us have been dealt a shit hand, we have to roll with it now. Calling our top scorer shit? What expletives do you use for the rest of the team?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 am

So when we get the midfield sorted Cobi, it'll be the strikers who aren't contributing to the team. We're quite poor individually and collectively,

Yesterday, their left full back was the stand out player - physically imposing, fit and very good with the ball and he defended exceptionally. He plays for Dagenham. We should be one of the sides in this league who have the pick of the players. That's not arrogance either - we have the 'competitive' playing budget.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 am

Let's face it the whole squad just isn't good enough. How many of our squad would get into any other division 2 teams. One or two maybe but generally none at all.
CF had a chance in the Summer to get rid of some of the dross but instead he retained them and then signed some more dross to bloat the squad with absolute mediocrity.
How many managers have to see that Hourihane and Young doesn't work as a midfield combo. We need some steel in there and I agree we need to get Wotton back in there because as sure as hell he couldn't do any worse.
Anybody got an A to Z of the BSP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 am

gasser9 wrote:
Let's face it the whole squad just isn't good enough. How many of our squad would get into any other division 2 teams. One or two maybe but generally none at all.
CF had a chance in the Summer to get rid of some of the dross but instead he retained them and then signed some more dross to bloat the squad with absolute mediocrity.
How many managers have to see that Hourihane and Young doesn't work as a midfield combo. We need some steel in there and I agree we need to get Wotton back in there because as sure as hell he couldn't do any worse.
Anybody got an A to Z of the BSP?

Exactly. Every team I've seen has better players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I agree with what you and Gasser are saying Hairy, Pitbull (come on Cobi sheepdog would be more apt) just have to slag off players for being crap, it used to be Williams and Young, the fact that he picked our highest scorer doesn't help his argument. Our league position shows how shit we are, I can't argue the league position but to single out the odd player is bullshit, and who in their right mind is going to take out the clubs highest scorer? And another thing, if our defence is so solid why have we conceded so many goals from corners when not one defender has come for the ball? And our strikers can't score in a brothel, but other than that, yeh it's all the midfields fault.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Even from last season, the quality in the squad has been depleted.

Captain Walton, played the most games, scored the most goals (Cool, and was capable of a decent deadball as well as not being a liability.

Hemmings, one of the few players with some get-go going forward, capable of beating a man and creating something.

Neither were good players. Both were better than what Brent has left us with.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:55 pm

the midfields rubbish & the front line non existant.

not rocket season been the same for years now !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

in reply to iggy.

every team has the ability to be 'hurt' at a set piece, our problem is when we are 'hurt' we are unable to 'hurt' the opposition in return so one goal is often enough to beat us.............

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:14 am

My point was though, if you read my post, is that we are poor all over the pitch, for Cobi to pick out our highest scorer shoots holes in his argument, it's another case of making a decision on one players ability and then sticking to it whether the facts bolster the argument or not.
I have to agree with Damon, don't know how easy it is to rectify that with Brent inheriting Stapletons famous wallet.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Pitbull wrote:
MIDFIELD.

We have a superb defence, we can't constantly blame everything on the strikers.

Hourihane, Young and especially PCH are all absolutely woeful.

Its like watching a fletcher team.

Couldn't agree more! I had posted the same elsewhere earlier!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The problem is solely the   The problem is solely the Empty

Back to top Go down

The problem is solely the
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next