Go down 
+3
Czarcasm
Mapperley, darling
Freathy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone live in Stoke village Empty
PostSubject: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 am

You are about to recieve an influx sandal wearing, yoghurt eating bearded guardian readers

http://m.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/jan/04/lets-move-to-stoke-plymouth-devon

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 am

Much of Stoke (and Keyham) going towards Devonport was built as a result of the need to house increasing numbers of dockyard workers in the very early 1900's as ship building in Devonport greatly increased due to the 'arms race' with Imperial Germany. Great big chunks of Stoke and Keyham were thrown up over the space of a few years. Dockyard workers were even housed based on the type of job they did e.g. basic two up two down terraced houses were for unskilled and semi-skilled workers and slightly larger houses for engineers, foremen etc.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 am

i like the way the reporter uses 'bargain at £365k'
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm

The area around The Elms used to be arguably the most affluent in the city. The buildings are quite grand, but the problem is that within a few minutes walk - in every direction, you have areas largely turned in to bedsitland. Crime is commonplace, and its just generally not very nice. I had two flats in Stoke over twenty years ago now. I was also burgled twice and had two cars nicked that were stripped and found down at Cornwall Beach by the floating pontoon!

If I was gonna spunk close to 500k on a single dwelling that I would use for my own home, that's one of the last places I'd look, to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 pm

I used to live in Stoke, sorry about stealing the cars.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Iggy wrote:

He's not bothered too much about the cars Iggy, but he's devastated about losing his Justin beiber cd's.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:

He's not bothered too much about the cars Iggy, but he's devastated about losing his Justin beiber cd's.
Now you mention it, I think the rotter had my feckin Terence Trent Darby cd! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Iggy was there a gimp mask and nipple clamps in the boot? And a "tool kit".

You never know when you're going to come across a lone female jogger, or come over one either.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Now you mention it, I think the rotter had my feckin Terence Trent Darby cd! Mad

Thought it was 8 track in them days lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:

You sure it wasn't your Right Said Fred album! Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

ALmost right mouldy but it was more likely this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO-eTn8sSAk
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 pm

lol!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 am

I actually lived just off Albert Rd. in Victoria Place, I got burgled as well, feckers had all my vinyl which was a stack of albums about five feet long!
I don't remember the tool kit and nipple clamps but funnily enough I used to jog hopefully around Demport Park dressed as an Exeter City hard man.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 am

Stoke Damerel 'exceptional'?! Gosh, how things change.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:16 am

Stoke Damerell girls were most generous with the giving out of favours. Wink
Before anyone says anything smart, I was a teenager at the time, I am not talking recently. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Iggy wrote:
I actually lived just off Albert Rd. in Victoria Place, I got burgled as well, feckers had all my vinyl which was a stack of albums about five feet long!
I don't remember the tool kit and nipple clamps but funnily enough I used to jog hopefully around Demport Park dressed as an Exeter City hard man.

I had a place at the top of Albert Rd, and one in Park St, just off the top of Molesworth Rd. Stoke was great for a pub run, and handy for town. I just tired of coming out to the motor in the morning and taping up the small triangular area where a window used to be. Crying or Very sad I wouldn't have minded so much, but if the twats had tried the door, they'd have realised that I gave up on even bothering to lock it...
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 pm

My works head office was at the top of Albert Rd - the DoE PSA....

I also had a mate who's parents ran the Indian Inn (I think was its name....). Stoke village used to be one of the best pub runs in the city, haven't been there for some years though.

The city's best barber lives in Collingwood.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:29 pm

JonB wrote:
My works head office was at the top of Albert Rd - the DoE PSA....

I also had a mate who's parents ran the Indian Inn (I think was its name....). Stoke village used to be one of the best pub runs in the city, haven't been there for some years though.

The city's best barber lives in Collingwood.....

Jon, did you, by chance, do the first year of you're apprenticeship at the Estover training centre in 1983/84 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone live in Stoke village   Anyone live in Stoke village Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone live in Stoke village
Page 1 of 1