Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?

Go down 
+7
pepsipete
Czarcasm
seadog
Mock Cuncher
akagreengull
hippo
tcm
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What are you having for xmas
Lamb
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Turkey
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 14 ]
Beef
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
Goose
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Four Bird from Aldi
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Chicken
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Pork
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
dont know
Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Penzance wrote:
GG, did you know the unicorn represents spiritual awakening for some folk. And then for others, it was a pub in Plympton. Make sure you get a free range one.

I get your point .
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Iggy wrote:
hippo wrote:
Where's the fish option? I suppose now I have to do roast pig, I was thinking of salt cod as it's my turn to cook this year.

A bit of Balcalha? With onions and potatoes or a nice tomatoe sauce? I've eaten it a few times and it is either delicious or makes me feel ill.
We are having roast ducks (2 big free rangers) we would normally have goose but with the in laws coming we can't afford two geese and they are greedy bastards, in laws not geese that is. Sage and onion stuffing with sausage meat in, sprouts, roast pots. Red cabbage, peas, parsnips, carrots and leeks. I am going up the pub for an hour or two first. drunken

God knows what bits to serve with the ole bacalhau, so much stuff to choose from.
I ate bacalhau with potatoes cooked in the style of the Moors the other day, bloody lovely as always. However, now it's a moot point as my other half has now demanded roast Dubbja pig, and he's always right (typed with a gun to my head and my hands cuffed to the cooker). Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Bacalhau e Maria - recipe from Jane Grigson. Potatoes, carrots, salt cod, boiled eggs & mayonnaise. Ansum!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Penzance wrote:
GG, did you know the unicorn represents spiritual awakening for some folk. And then for others, it was a pub in Plympton. Make sure you get a free range one.

Intensively farmed Unicorn is about as cruel as it gets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Unicorn recipes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Unicorns eat mermaids at Xmas. Mermaids eat Yeti in a Leprechaun's piss jus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Unicorns eat mermaids at Xmas. Mermaids eat Yeti in a Leprechaun's piss jus.

You've been browsing through Heston Blumethal's cook book, haven't you? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Penzance wrote:

The four year old has massive difficulty saying 'unicorn': it comes out 'ucinorn'. But she knows it makes everybody laugh, so maybe she can say it after all.

Roast veg and a bit of stuffing for me, probably. Although last year we had very nice mushroom omelettes, for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 am

Peggy wrote:
Penzance wrote:

The four year old has massive difficulty saying 'unicorn': it comes out 'ucinorn'.

A common problem Peggy, shared with the clientelle of the Unicorn pub, who had great difficulty saying anything coherent at all. clown
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 am

Where's the bleddy Gammon option, eh?

Cooked on Xmas eve, accompanied to your main meat of choice Xmas Day, and finished off Xmas day evening/Boxing Day with a nice side salad, pickled onions, pickled eggs, chutneys and cheeses.

Bootiful me 'ansums.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Cooked on Xmas eve, accompanied to your main meat of choice Xmas Day, and finished off Xmas day evening/Boxing Day with a nice side salad, pickled onions, pickled eggs, chutneys and cheeses.

Bootiful me 'ansums.

Exactly what the family (me) are doing, covered it by voting for pork and turkey.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 am

Penzance wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Penzance wrote:

The four year old has massive difficulty saying 'unicorn': it comes out 'ucinorn'.

A common problem Peggy, shared with the clientelle of the Unicorn pub, who had great difficulty saying anything coherent at all. clown

Another fine pub ruined by going all foody . Curse them for taking away the dart board and pool table. Arrrrrh Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:24 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Bootiful me 'ansums.

We're having gammon and beef, don't like turkey, and yes it's lovely to have cold with some refreshing sald the next days Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
Penzance wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Penzance wrote:

Another fine pub ruined by going all foody . Curse them for taking away the dart board and pool table. Arrrrrh Evil or Very Mad

I met a real pretty girl there who I had been chasing for ages, all was going well until her brother and his mates turned up and picked a fight with me because I wasn't a Plympton bhey! After the ensuing ruck she wouldn't talk to me because it was my fault and I didn't need to react the way I did! Never been back since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 am

hippo wrote:
Iggy wrote:
hippo wrote:
Where's the fish option? I suppose now I have to do roast pig, I was thinking of salt cod as it's my turn to cook this year.

A bit of Balcalha? With onions and potatoes or a nice tomatoe sauce? I've eaten it a few times and it is either delicious or makes me feel ill.
We are having roast ducks (2 big free rangers) we would normally have goose but with the in laws coming we can't afford two geese and they are greedy bastards, in laws not geese that is. Sage and onion stuffing with sausage meat in, sprouts, roast pots. Red cabbage, peas, parsnips, carrots and leeks. I am going up the pub for an hour or two first. drunken

God knows what bits to serve with the ole bacalhau, so much stuff to choose from.
I ate bacalhau with potatoes cooked in the style of the Moors the other day, bloody lovely as always. However, now it's a moot point as my other half has now demanded roast Dubbja pig, and he's always right (typed with a gun to my head and my hands cuffed to the cooker). Smile

Bacalhau, nearly got it right, what's a Dubbja pig? Do you eat a whole one, most Portuguese would easily eat a whole pig for lunch with roast kid and a steak.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Bootiful me 'ansums.

This with tinsel on. I do like a bit of chicken on the day also so there really should be a multiple choice option (and gammon). Having said that it's my 40th on Christmas Eve so I'll probably boke at the mere suggestion of food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 am

I met a real pretty girl there who I had been chasing for ages, all was going well until her brother and his mates turned up and picked a fight with me because I wasn't a Plympton bhey! After the ensuing ruck she wouldn't talk to me because it was my fault and I didn't need to react the way I did! Never been back since.

Sadly true iggy about some idiots who seem to think if your not from plympton you can't drink in our pubs. Reminds me once I was out drinking in the post office pub when some little shits tried it on with some non locals . Let's just say the local lads came off far worse when the fists started flying seeing as they were all marines on leave. Happy days
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:02 am

Ah, I wish I'd taken a screenshot right at the start of this thread when, like Argyle, the 4 bird Aldi roast proudly headed the table with 100% of the vote (mine Wink ), I'm not having it of course but just wanted them, like Argyle, to have their day in the sun before being condemned to a life of bottom of the table mockery. I did actually force it upon my wife at some stage because I am a great fan of our local Aldi (supermarket of the year, don't ya know) but by the time I'd "carved" the "joint" it ended up like some strange doggy bag remnants that I'd have defied anyone to identify.

In the modern mode, as a dysfunctional family of three generations (thankfully none of our kids have felt the urge to procreate yet or it would be four) we need to have several Christmas dinners to do our duty. A fresh Aldi free range turkey (new for this year Very Happy ) will feature at one and my new discovery (at the prestigious Par market) of Dexter beef from a farm on the cliff at Gorran Haven will feature at another.

And yes Czarky, the gammon joint will be available right through the festive period...until finished.

Roll on January 2nd.

PS The only time I used to drink in Plympton was on maarket day afternoons, there was a pub up Cot Hill and one on the Ridgeway that had market licences if I remember correctly. Penz will know.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:47 am

The two pubs near cot hill are the hele arms and the union inn . The hele arms use to be pretty rough. Can't remember much about the union the hill was always to steep to walk.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 am

I was listening to PirateFM this morning and they had texts/ calls about Christmas traditions. One person said for Christmas breakfast they ate gammon and pickle, another had pork pie on toast (???).

I can't think of any traditions my family have honoured (apart from getting wrecked on Christmas eve), although one year my Dad threw all his presents (from my mum's family) into the front garden on Christmas eve.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:55 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I was listening to PirateFM this morning and they had texts/ calls about Christmas traditions. One person said for Christmas breakfast they ate gammon and pickle, another had pork pie on toast (???).

I can't think of any traditions my family have honoured (apart from getting wrecked on Christmas eve), although one year my Dad threw all his presents (from my mum's family) into the front garden on Christmas eve.

We need a Cliff Richards song and quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

I'll have to show that to my kids just to prove its not just me that behaves like That at Christmas. lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm

It's taken over 20 years, but the missus has just about surpassed my mum now when it comes to a perfect roast.

I know Turkey is traditional, but as a general rule a decent chicken is far tastier and more moist. I haven't had Turkey for years.

Goose, gammon, & pigs in duvets. Followed by a rich brandy Xmas pudd smothered in brandy butter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Bootiful me 'ansums.

Exactly what the family (me) are doing, covered it by voting for pork and turkey.

Vote rigging pete :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
PS The only time I used to drink in Plympton was on maarket day afternoons, there was a pub up Cot Hill and one on the Ridgeway that had market licences if I remember correctly. Penz will know.

I certainly do Charlie. Met Gob in the Union earlier in the year. For quite a while, I worked with my Sunday League football manager. He was a real laugh and certainly NOT clueless. He liked a drink or ten, so, in the days when Draconian licensing laws were still in force, he made sure we always worked in the town that had it's market day. So, yes, Plympton was Monday, at the Hele next to the market, Wednesday/Thursday I believe, we were in Newton Abbot, Friday in the Crawford in Exeter ... you can guess the rest. It's a wonder we ever got any work done at all, and a bit like a company shop where you end up at the end of the week spending more money than you had earned. There's only so long you can take that sort of battering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?   Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas lunch prefs and if we got time A win against exeter?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2