[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aviva till the end
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Classic post by a true green tint on pasoti!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 pm

what an absolute bell end.

hope he sees this as he needs to be told.
Back to top Go down

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Another deluded prick. We've played almost an exact number of games against the top sides as we have the bottom sides. Given our current form we would possibly win one, draw one and lose two of the next 4 games which would take us to the halfway point of the season with 23 points, double that and it's 46 for the season, relegation squeaky bum territory again.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:11 am

To me the OP makes sense. Since the cheltenham game i havn't gone into a game expecting us to win (Dorchester the exception was a disgrace). So im going to be looking towards the next few games as the key ones.

Where did people honestly think we were going to finish this year?

After watching some of the pre-season games i knew mid-table would be best this year with the players we had at the time. I still feel we will finish there.

My optimisim comes from the last games i watched argyle play this was the barnet and wycombe games.

I still feel with a more experienced manager we would be seeing a better side.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am

Whichever way you spin it, it's impossible to say this season has been anything like mid-table form.

Which, by the way wouldn't be a good season anyway with a budget in the top 4 of the league. It would be pretty much impossible for Fletcher to be doing a worse job. Then again, I guess there are still 5 more places we could drop. Get him out.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 am

The GT's should install a few of these around Home Park, they would increase the coffers no end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:44 am

oxfordgreen wrote:
To me the OP makes sense. Since the cheltenham game i havn't gone into a game expecting us to win (Dorchester the exception was a disgrace). So im going to be looking towards the next few games as the key ones.

Where did people honestly think we were going to finish this year?

After watching some of the pre-season games i knew mid-table would be best this year with the players we had at the time. I still feel we will finish there.

My optimisim comes from the last games i watched argyle play this was the barnet and wycombe games.

I still feel with a more experienced manager we would be seeing a better side.

Impossible to say where I expected us to finish this year as messages from the club keep changing.

At the beginning of the summer we had raised hopes with 'competitive budgets' and words to the effect that not getting promoted would be a disappointment. From there I would've at least expected some sort of challenge at the play-offs. However, once it became clear Rooney was staying at Utd and we were reduced to shopping in the LoW for 32 yr old alternatives it was evident another struggle was on the cards. A handful of matches into the season we were told it's just a season of consolidation, quite convenient considering how shit the football was.

Now here we are, expecting to lose away to last season's non-leaguers & last season's fellow strugglers. Shouldn't we be hoping to take something from these fixtures rather than being resigned to defeat?. It's not just the fact we've lost these games, we're not winning the games we're expected to win and there's absolutely no sign of Fletch improving as a manager nor his coaching staff having any real impact on his team. Questionable team selection, loanees sat on the bench week in week out, can't defend, barely ever getting shots on target, poor discipline, laughable tactics (keep it to one goal down until the last few minutes then give it a real go, wtf is that?), players clearly not knowing what they're supposed to be doing (do they even know eachother?, the team changes that much), no plan b with substitutions just being like for like. Quite frankly 6k people deserve a lot lot better.

As for Fletch himself, I really don't understand the love-in some seem to have with him. People quote loyalty because he triggered a clause in his contract which gave him an extra 12 months on a lucrative wage, more than he'd get anywhere else. Within a few short months his legs or knees had supposedly gone so he could no longer play, loyalty?, the sooner he fecks off the better.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 am

And apparently we're too impatient and don't deserve fletcher

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stuff like this DESERVES to be rediculed
Back to top Go down

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 am

Probably another of the famous multi's that get dragged out when the shit hits the fan.
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:51 am

There's no place for sentiment in football.

If you're not performing, there's the door.
Back to top Go down

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 am

We were only aiming for mid table apparently, well guess what we missed that by a good bit. Feckin mid table as a goal in this shit league? If we had stuck with Reid, and that is where you should have shown some loyalty you feckin snake Brent I genuinely believe we wouldn't have been where we are now. Fletch fecked up right royally in the summer by not having a clear out of the deadwood. The best players we have are mainly on loan and they will be back to parent clubs in a moment (not that Fletch bothers to play our best striker) leaving us with a load of kiddies to field,
worried of Tavistock.
Back to top Go down
KDP

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm

I can't believe there are supporters that are happy with
What fletch an his incompetent management team are
Producing! This team is appalling, I can't see where our
Next win is coming from. If Brent does finally see sense
And replace Carl fletcher then he needs to be prepared to
Back the new manager to make big changes to this squad
Coz no matter who is in charge with these players we are
Going nowhere.
Back to top Go down

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Ahh but was Fletcher one of the main instigators who went gurning to Ridsdale that Peter Reid had lost the dressing room?!!!!
Back to top Go down

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 pm

This season we should have been aiming to be a top 12 team minimum as that is/was a very achievable objective. however, we haven't moved on from last season and we are going backwards as a result. We are in the results buisness we are not a chairity if Carl Fletcher cant put together a winning team then he has to go no excuses.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 pm

7 games into a run of abysmal results and performances, now just 3 points away from the bottom 2, a series of baffling team selections and substitutions, crowds dropping, and seemingly no acceptance of blame on the part of the manager.

Most other clubs would be seeing a change. PAFC? Not a murmer.

Will Fletcher still be in charge at Christmas? Probably. He is a splendid fellow you know.

All this shows Brent's ineptitude in owning a football club.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:09 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Ahh but was Fletcher one of the main instigators who went gurning to Ridsdale that Peter Reid had lost the dressing room?!!!!
Pretty much everyone to a man (even -correct me if I'm wrong John- John Lloyd I recall saying so after the Port Vale game, and we all know John is clearly a man with no political axe to grind) agreed that Reid had lost the dressing room. I think that's a case where if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

Just because Reid deserved to be sacked, doesn't mean Fletcher doesn't too of course though.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 pm

I felt for Reid. I don't for Fletcher. Our worst captain ever is going to manage us to our two consecutive worst finishes ever.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 pm

GreenSam wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Pretty much everyone to a man (even -correct me if I'm wrong John- John Lloyd I recall saying so after the Port Vale game, and we all know John is clearly a man with no political axe to grind) agreed that Reid had lost the dressing room. I think that's a case where if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

Just because Reid deserved to be sacked, doesn't mean Fletcher doesn't too of course though.

I remember Hourihane saying shortly after Reid was sacked and Fletcher appointed something about "being so much more professional" now.That professionalism certainly doesn't seem to have extended into not getting sent off after 8 minutes,the ability to keep a clean sheet or to look remotely threatening at scoring the requisite number of goals to take the club up a few places.Apart from those aspects,its much more professional though.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

I remember Hourihane saying shortly after Reid was sacked and Fletcher appointed something about "being so much more professional" now.That professionalism certainly doesn't seem to have extended into not getting sent off after 8 minutes,the ability to keep a clean sheet or to look remotely threatening at scoring the requisite number of goals to take the club up a few places.Apart from those aspects,its much more professional though.
At least we don't have a player sent off every 3rd game (well, until this month) like we did under Reid though. Hourhane's red at Dorchester was the first red card since Hourihane's at Crewe.

Not that I'm remotely pro-Fletcher anymore mind. More along the lines of a slightly pedantic point that it was still correct to sack Reid despite the fact Fletcher has failed. I feel for both of them- they both seem like good honest men who have given and given up a lot for Argyle but neither of them were ultimately good enough.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

At least we don't have a player sent off every 3rd game (well, until this month) like we did under Reid though. Hourhane's red at Dorchester was the first red card since Hourihane's at Crewe.

Not that I'm remotely pro-Fletcher anymore mind. More along the lines of a slightly pedantic point that it was still correct to sack Reid despite the fact Fletcher has failed. I feel for both of them- they both seem like good honest men who have given and given up a lot for Argyle but neither of them were ultimately good enough.

I don't think either of them have 'given up' anything. Can't see where Fletch will work again in football and Monkey heed is earning a living stating the bleedin obvious and what he thinks people want to hear as a tv pundit........he did pay the electric bill I suppose.
Most of us wouldn't mind being paid a small fraction of what these guys get for their footballing wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The fans fault Empty
PostSubject: Re: The fans fault   The fans fault Empty

Back to top Go down

The fans fault
Page 1 of 1