+3
tcm
Elias
SirCumfrance
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

No game on a Saturday Empty
PostSubject: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:37 am

I hate Saturday's with no Argyle game. I know it's tomorrow and all that but Saturday is Argyle day.

Do you sit and watch final score or SSN anyway? I don't. Couldn't care less about the other games.

I have my routine usually. I take my son out if the weathers ok in the morning/lunchtime, we have dinner together usually watching noddy DVD's and then the countdown begins.

Missus gets in from work around half two and I disappear with the laptop and some cider. Sometimes have horse racing on in the background if I've had a bet, otherwise it's SSN with the player commentary.

Missus goes for a nap at 4pm and so does baby and I'm in my own little Argyle world until 5pm when she gets up ready to go back to work.

The result shapes my mood for the evening usually, that's why I've been a miserable bastard lately.

Not sure what I'll do this afternoon now, but I'll probably enjoy the evening more.
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:38 am

Unfortunately, you just can't bite the hand that feeds you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 am

SirCumfrance wrote:
Unfortunately, you just can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Too true. I know ST holder's at premier league clubs must despair sometimes. Playing at 3pm on Saturday has become a rarity.
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 am

I think I recall a weekend last season when there were no Premier League 3pm Saturday kick offs. It wasn't an international/cup/can't be bothered to play/bank holiday weekend or anything, just a normal weekend mid season.

(It may have happened a number of times, but I can only remember the one such occasion)
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 am

thats tv's influence for you.

premier league heading toward sunday games permanently.
they want to 'enhance' the brand, can see that happening to cut the rest off.

seria a used to be a sun pm with the main game on a sun eve, now they play sun am - big thing that in italy , sat pm , sat eve & also mon eve's!

even in spain they have a sun am game.

both italy & spain are fairly religious countries but have sold out for TV.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 am

is it on radio devon tomorrow? and can i ring a nice tv gentelman and make it come om my free view?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 am

It's on ESPN............. try time4tv.com

ps I can't bear to look.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 am

thankyou ,,,i will take your advice,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 am

Tringreen wrote:

ps I can't bear to look.

This bear cannot bear to look either and he's a bare bear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think we'll win. They've lost their last 3 league games. We've got a better squad and if the pitch is OK, we'll win.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm on some valium at the moment for a trapped nerve in my neck and I can't drink any beer - I haven't seen Argyle play and been sober since I was about 12 years old.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:50 am

We've got a better squad than Dorchester ! lol !
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 am

last season that would have been debatable tring !!!!! lol! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 am

Tringreen wrote:
We've got a better squad than Dorchester ! lol !

Well, we have.

If we drew Man Utd in the 3rd round, are there going to be Tringreds on their forums sardonically laughing at the fact that they have a better squad than ours?
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:12 am

It'll be on in the pub whilst I'm enjoying a rare Sunday afternoon beer or eleventy.

I will probably keep an eye on it out of morbid curiosity if anything.

Clearly, ESPN would not pick up this game if they were not expecting an upset. Why should I be any different.

Still, something different, nice little ground and a great day as CF says:

BBC Preview
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 am

WE should have follow Albion today, they are playing away to Jersey, a nice weekend away, Go by ferry from Weymouth, return on Sunday and drop into Dorchester on the way home.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 am

Tgwu wrote:
WE should have follow Albion today, they are playing away to Jersey a nice day away back by ferry to Weymouth drop into Dorchester on the way home on Sunday

Why ruin a perfectly good weekend by stopping off in Dorchester, in the rain ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:32 am

Tgwu wrote:
WE should have follow Albion today, they are playing away to Jersey, a nice weekend away, Go by ferry from Weymouth, return on Sunday and drop into Dorchester on the way home.

P S. Raiders won 86 to 83 last night against Mancester
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 am

Tgwu wrote:

Now that would have been a bloody good idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:50 am

Tgwu wrote:

Jersey are in the Championship now? Jeez, it was only 10 years ago that I played against them in Hampshire League 2 for Millbrook (that's Millbrook in Southampton, not the 12-toed enclave near Torpoint). Just shows what can be achieved with the right attitude. Will definitely look out for the return fixture at the Brickfields. Look how far they've come!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 am

They are currently bottom of the league but as in most sports these days, money is king.

No walleted directors = No chance

We now have Newell in the directors' box, soon to be joined by Hooper the snooper. Look how village we've become.
Brent doesn't 'get it' Ian. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 am

Tringreen wrote:

We now have Newell in the directors' box, soon to be joined by Hooper the snooper. Look how village we've become.
Brent doesn't 'get it' Ian. Rolling Eyes

If 4 years ago someone told me this was going to happen even I would have laughed out loud in their face as the notion is so utterly proposterous. Yet in 2012 it is coming to pass.

Nothing will get me into Home Park until brent and his goons have gone forever .

I want my club back!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Jersey are in the Championship now? Jeez, it was only 10 years ago that I played against them in Hampshire League 2 for Millbrook (that's Millbrook in Southampton, not the 12-toed enclave near Torpoint). Just shows what can be achieved with the right attitude. Will definitely look out for the return fixture at the Brickfields. Look how far they've come!!

They beat Leeds away this season who not long ago was in the premier league.

9 Mar 2013 Jersey The Championship Home 3:00 PM (there your are)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:20 pm

The Jersey trip was always a favourite - flown out on a friday evening (at RFU expense), put up for 2 nights in a suitably wreckable hotel (not that our club would ever do such a thing, oh no, no, no) game on saturday afternoon, Saturday night on the turps with the Jersey lads, back on Sunday, suitably hungover. Delighted to see them doing so well, it's terrific club, friendly, really well run and considering all the disadvantages - location, mainly, although looking at their website they manage to attract decent teams over for friendly matches pre-season - it's testament to a lot of hard work from the Islanders that they are where they are. And bottom of the league they may be, but they're playing the likes ofLeeds, London Scottish and Albion, while my old club, Millbrook, are still slogging it out against Petersfield, Esso et al.

It can be done.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Spooky. I've reffed Millbrook a few years back and Sat before last watched them play at Alton (where I've just moved to). The Junior clubs really seem to be suffering with playing numbers these days. I reckon there were at least 200 watching, but the 2's had to call their game off due to lack of availability.

Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 pm

shonbo wrote:
Spooky. I've reffed Millbrook a few years back and Sat before last watched them play at Alton (where I've just moved to). The Junior clubs really seem to be suffering with playing numbers these days. I reckon there were at least 200 watching, but the 2's had to call their game off due to lack of availability.

Sad

If you were the ref when I captained Millbrook 2ndXV against Bournemouth in 1999, where we lost 22-21 to last minute penalty try, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to you for the things I called you as you awarded that try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:45 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

ps I can't bear to look.

This bear cannot bear to look either and he's a bare bear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think we'll win. They've lost their last 3 league games. We've got a better squad and if the pitch is OK, we'll win.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm on some valium at the moment for a trapped nerve in my neck and I can't drink any beer - I haven't seen Argyle play and been sober since I was about 12 years old.

Take the Valium and get some beers down yer neck, I do it all the time and I'm fine you Cnut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No game on a Saturday   No game on a Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

No game on a Saturday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next