Tgwu
Freathy
Punchdrunk
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 12:32 am

i see there are new weather warnings in plymouth over the weekend with high winds and rain....

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 am

The game will go ahead, it has to as we are already 2 games behind most of our rivals
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 am

70 mph gusts and driving rain. Can't see it going ahead at all.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 8:14 am

I am going might try the terrace
Back to top Go down
PlymouthCasual

PlymouthCasual

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 11:45 am

Crewe are arguably the best footballing side in the division. Maybe these adverse conditions will be a blessing in disguise for us?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 am

The game will be on as long as the BPE roof don’t go flying about again 😂
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm

PlymouthCasual wrote:
Crewe are arguably the best footballing side in the division. Maybe these adverse conditions will be a blessing in disguise for us?

Agree about that I'd bite yer hand off for a point and a win would be result of the season for me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm

Bizarre how we spanked them at their place on the opening day of the season.

We’re painfully inconsistent. Let’s hope we bring our A-game for this one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Bizarre how we spanked them at their place on the opening day of the season.

We’re painfully inconsistent. Let’s hope we bring our A-game for this one.  

Tbf it should be a good game. The teams we struggle against try to stop you playing football and they have no intention of playing it either. It why we hate this league.
Back to top Go down

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 5:50 pm

RegGreen wrote:
The game will be on as long as the BPE roof don’t go flying about again 😂

there is no world cup final on this saturday so jon back wont leave it till after the game to do inspections lol. However if the weather is as bad as they are saying it will be i cant see the game going ahead hell they may even call of the albion game off in those conditions and tehy would never dream of doing that.
Back to top Go down

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Being in LG 2 is like being a dumpling in a dog shit stew.

Occasionally floating to the top, may make it to the edges, then some cnut comes and stirs the pot and we sink again.

Luckily, whoever made this season dog shit stew hasn't added too much cornflower, so we find ourselves floating around the top quite a bit.

No, I have no idea what I'm trying to say either!
Back to top Go down

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Albion game called off by the RFU due to weather conditions. Its only a matter of time guys tomorrows game isn't going to go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Crewe Alex will travel to Plymouth Argyle despite severe weather warnings

Crewe Alex players and staff will travel to Plymouth today (Friday) in spite of the severe weather warnings which threaten to see tomorrow's League Two fixture postponed.

The squad were training at Reaseheath this morning and are due to travel south this afternoon as they continue preparations for a second-versus-fourth class at Home Park.

Storm Dennis is due to hit Devon hard over the coming hours, with winds forecast to exceed 40mph by 3am tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Doesn't look great for tomorrow-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Crewe Alex will travel to Plymouth Argyle despite severe weather warnings

Crewe Alex players and staff will travel to Plymouth today (Friday) in spite of the severe weather warnings which threaten to see tomorrow's League Two fixture postponed.

The squad were training at Reaseheath this morning and are due to travel south this afternoon as they continue preparations for a second-versus-fourth class at Home Park.

Storm Dennis is due to hit Devon hard over the coming hours, with winds forecast to exceed 40mph by 3am tomorrow.

with heavy rain and winds at 70 mph at 1500 at its peak,  i genuinely cant see it happening at all. Thankfully jon back wont leave it till the last minute again before deciding to call it off and do it earlier to stop crewe fans travelling down to far only to turn back. trains will be out anyways.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Does anyone want a ticket for the lower mayflower? face value obvs raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Dennis might be the winner Saturday not Argo or Crewe.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm

What is Jon Back job now

Jon Back – Head of Stadium Redevelopment (Operations)
Trevor Richards – Head of Stadium/Facilities
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Plymouth Argyle are closely monitoring the forecast for Storm Dennis ahead of their League Two top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra at Home Park tomorrow.

However, the club say there is 'no reason, at present' to believe the fixture might have to be postponed.

Gales and heavy rain are forecast for tomorrow afternoon when a 10,000-plus crowd is expected for the visit of second-placed Crewe.

A club spokesperson said: "We are, of course, aware of the weather forecast for the weekend, and will continue to closely monitor conditions.

"There is no reason, at present, to suppose that that our top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra is in jeopardy.

"If that changes, we will immediately inform supporters through the club’s communications channels, including the official website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:52 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Plymouth Argyle are closely monitoring the forecast for Storm Dennis ahead of their League Two top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra at Home Park tomorrow.

However, the club say there is 'no reason, at present' to believe the fixture might have to be postponed.

Gales and heavy rain are forecast for tomorrow afternoon when a 10,000-plus crowd is expected for the visit of second-placed Crewe.

A club spokesperson said: "We are, of course, aware of the weather forecast for the weekend, and will continue to closely monitor conditions.

"There is no reason, at present, to suppose that that our top-of-the-table game against Crewe Alexandra is in jeopardy.

"If that changes, we will immediately inform supporters through the club’s communications channels, including the official website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

theres the answer to your question tgwu. hes the spokesman.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Dennis 1 - 0 Crewe
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Everyone knows the pitch will stand up to the rain, strong winds granted but as long as the bloody roof does not blow off again my guess is it will be on.
Crewe have already travelled down and as I'm speaking not one single game in the football league has been posponed as of yet.
I hope it's on anyway if it does get called off that will be the third time this season my saturday has been keboshed by the bloody weather or other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Yep as far as rain goes our pitch will stand up to it no problem. As Punchy says if its in jeopardy it'll be down to the roof flapping or Argyle getting all anal about fans travelling to the game in safety etc.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 5:09 pm

PlymouthCasual wrote:

This game is a too close to call kinda game but, I am going for a 2-0 win to Argyle.

If this manager and side are serious about going up, teams like Crewe have got to be beaten, regardless of what the weather throws at them.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Everyone knows the pitch will stand up to the rain, strong winds granted but as long as the bloody roof does not blow off again my guess is it will be on.
Crewe have already travelled down and as I'm speaking not one single game in the football league has been posponed as of yet.
I hope it's on anyway if it does get called off that will be the third time this season my saturday has been keboshed by the bloody weather or other stuff.

its going to get called off there is no way they can play football in 70mph wind and heavy rain whether the pitch is perfect or not. Albion have had there game cancelled and if they have had to do that then you know its going to be bad as they would rather drown their fans in the wind and rain then call a game off. plus those conditions are going to make it dangerous to travel to the game which the FA wont allow or police for a starters. Crewe maybe in town already most of their fans wont be.

Games will be called off soon if not first thing in the morning thats for certain. I hope the weather isnt as bad as they are sayingof course and the game goes ahead obviously as 3 games to make up will hurt us as much as it could benefit us if results go our way but even now its starting to kick in the weather i generally cant see the game happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saturday's game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday's game
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next