HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Back (Rotherham)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Just Back (Rotherham) Empty
PostSubject: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm

OK, A bit self indulgent, but I don't get to see many matches, and get to be 'first back' at even fewer.

Lowry for Hourihane, and Nelson for Purse were the only major changes for us. Rotherham lost a player in the warm up, and another after a couple of minutes, but basically bossed the first half, especially a spell of 10 minutes in the middle of the half where Cole was required to produce 3 good saves (one excellent) to keep Rotherham out. Our only chance was a Madjo header over the bar that looked like a real goal scoring opportunity, although I was at the far end so hard to tell for sure. There was one other decent passing move that came to nothing, other than those two instances however, it was a poor half for us.

Evans was shouting at his players as they came off for half time, and sent them out 5 minutes early for the second half. Despite (or maybe because) of that, Argyle actually had their only real spell of dominance after that. We were the better team for the first 15 minutes of the second half, but still didn't create anything. It changed when Madjo was replaced by Feeney. I don't know if that substitution was thereason, but we barely had a kick from then on until the goal. Despite their tendency for long-ball play, Rotherham actually scored with a pretty good passing move. Once the goal went in the result was inevitable.

Even given our league position I was very disappointed in the performance. Rotherham's keeper looked about 50, but I can't recall him having to do anything apart from collect a cross under pressure in the last minute. I didn't think Rotherham were that special, in fact they looked very nervy once the goal went in and lost most of their rhythm. We couldn't make it stick up front. PCH got in good positions but kept wasting the ball. Madjo held the ball up well on occasions, but didn't really make an impact, however once he went off we lost all attacking threat - Feeney and Chadwick barely registered up front despite the fact that we were chasing the game.

Very disappointing display after having heard about an upturn in form after recent results. We'll have enough to get points against weaker teams, but we ain't getting near the playoffs on this evidence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Sounds pretty much how it was described in the commentary, thanks FTB.

I might get abuse for this but the general consensus is bewilderment as to why Madjo went off when he was doing ok, and bringing on Feeney and Chadwick is about as stupid as asking Jimmy Savile to babysit, but the comms said Madjo was knackered.

Still it shouldn't be Feeney or Chadwick expected to try and score, they're both useless. If the Fireman wasn't fit why take him?

It wasn't taking Madjo off that was baffling, it was who was brought on.

After seeing it close up, how did you rate Rotherham? Seeing as they're promotion candidates?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:07 pm

The game hasn't finished in Tavvy, what was the score?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Cheers FTB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Iggy wrote:
The game hasn't finished in Tavvy, what was the score?

Oooh Madjo heads over. Should've scored lol!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sounds pretty much how it was described in the commentary, thanks FTB.

I might get abuse for this but the general consensus is bewilderment as to why Madjo went off when he was doing ok, and bringing on Feeney and Chadwick is about as stupid as asking Jimmy Savile to babysit, but the comms said Madjo was knackered.

Still it shouldn't be Feeney or Chadwick expected to try and score, they're both useless. If the Fireman wasn't fit why take him?

It wasn't taking Madjo off that was baffling, it was who was brought on.

After seeing it close up, how did you rate Rotherham? Seeing as they're promotion candidates?

I could sort of understand Madjo coming off in that he was getting the ball but not really doing a great deal with it which was getting frustrating, but Chadwick and Feeney didn't offer anything at all, so it ended up being a detrimental move to take Guy off.

Hard to say with Rotherham as I don't get to see a lot of football live. They've got some decent players but don't look like a promotion team to me; play offs maybe. They actually completely lost their composure once they scored, as if they were suddenly scared of losing the lead once they had got it. Not sure Evans is doing them much good as manager. His half-time 'shout and send them out early' ploy actually seemed to disrupt them for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Don't rate Evans as a manager or a person.

The opposite thread on Pasoti is getting well feisty Very Happy There's c's and ***** all over the place and Trapdoor has even been told to flip off lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Surely chanting abuse at the opposing manager and goalkeeper is what football is about?

Well it used to be anyway.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:

lol!

Why is chadwick even there? In all seriousness, Tyler Harvey could do a better job than him..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Ollieargyle Brian Green, esmer, those space cadets from the farm are still backing carl, which must be a comfort to him. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Ollieargyle Brian Green, esmer, those space cadets from the farm are still backing carl, which must be a comfort to him. Razz

Don't panic! It's next season we're going to be good. This season is adjusting to the brazillian like football we play and anything above 18th will be a bonus.

You watch us go next season though jocolor
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Cheers FTB.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 pm

we were just beaten by a superior side WITH a competitive budget. lol!

we were never really in it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Back (Rotherham)   Just Back (Rotherham) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Back (Rotherham)
Page 1 of 1