Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles Empty
PostSubject: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:20 pm

I really cant be bothered to write a match report because that has made me very depressed. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PILE OF CRAP I HAVE EVER SEEN AT HOME PARK, WE ARE GOING DOWN -AGAIN.

Jake Cole - 5/10, nothing he could really do about any of the poor defending leading to the goals but didnt have to make any saves atall
Berry - 4/10, pretty average, did little right but little wrong.
Zubar - 6/10, always cleared the ball, looked confident going forward, ok.
Soukouna - 4/10, awfull shakey defending, looked better going forward in the second half.
Gibson - 8/10, had a very strong game at LB, looked confident and composed.
Fletcher - 4/10,not his usual self, sloppy passing but some good work going forward.
Daley - 3/10, hes fast but more clumsy than Bolasie
Walton - 5/10, had his moments and was attempting to motivate the players
Hourihane - 4/10, ok with the ball at his feet but some sloppy passing
Atkinson - 5/10, fantastic goal but did little else
Feeney - 3/10, never stood a chance forward by himself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 pm

So your not tipping us for the play-offs then?! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So your not tipping us for the play-offs then?! lol!

Not anymore, relegation for certain in my opinion.

And a word on Rotherham, if they get that ref every week they will go up, because he doesnt seem to understand cheating and time wasting
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Cheers Cobi, sad to see even you down.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:51 pm

cobipafc wrote:
I really cant be bothered to write a match report because that has made me very depressed. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PILE OF CRAP I HAVE EVER SEEN AT HOME PARK, WE ARE GOING DOWN -AGAIN.

Jake Cole - 5/10, nothing he could really do about any of the poor defending leading to the goals but didnt have to make any saves atall
Soukouna - 4/10, awfull shakey defending, looked better going forward in the second half.
Fletcher - 4/10,not his usual self, sloppy passing but some good work going forward.

Id say i little of an over reaction young cobi.

I walked out for the first time before the final whistle shaking my head, thinking it was the end of the world, but in retrospec its not and Argyle were not that bad as the scoreline suggest.

Jake Cole - 3/10 Bring back ro thats what i say to that, out of position for the first goal, flaps at crosses, and was also at fault for the fourth goal, throwing a ball out to your own player on the edge of your area when he is surrounded by opposition players is suicide. Not impressed at all by him today.
Berry - 5/10 seems better going forward than he is at defendind, however did make a good goal line clearance, and a last ditch tackle.
Zubar - 6/10 a good performance, but a couple of sloppy mistakes.
Soukouna 6/10 Didnt do much wrong, still very raw, positioning sometimes a worry, but got his clearances in, good in the air and some good passing, although a few also gave away possesion.
Gibson - 8/10 A possible star of the future, didnt do much if anything wrong.
Fletcher - 5/10 average today.
Walton - 6/10 tried very hard, passing was good, was trying to motivate the players.
Daley - 3/10 fast, but clumsy, cant cross to save his life, distribution very poor.
Hourihane - 4/10 Not a good game at all, good at passing sideways at that was about it.
Feeney, 5/10 I felt sorry for him, alot of off the ball running, but never got any service at all.

Peter Reid - 4/10 The team play good passing football, but there comes a time when that passing needs to lead to something, 90% of our possesion went sideways or back. Playing 1 up front at home is criminal especially as throughout pre-season and our opening league game we were 4-4-2. Why the change?

It was never a 4-1 game, the ref was useless today, but Rotherham gave Argyle a lesson in finishing and most of all creating chances. You can play pretty football, but sometimes a long ugly ball can do alot of damage.

I still dont believe we will go down if we survive liquidation, as 10 new players need a little time to gel, and there is enough quality there, BUT, they need a cutting edge and a big striker.

we all give a knee jerk reation to a heavy defeat, but even the best take a hammering, my opinion might change after 10 games or so, but im not gonna right off the season or start screaming relegation after 1 defeat.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:20 pm

125+1 wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

nobnbb

Are you Phenom in disguise? lol!

Where is Phenom these days? And Wiltshire Green,a fine subversive poster.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

nobnbb

Are you Phenom in disguise? lol!

Where is Phenom these days? And Wiltshire Green,a fine subversive poster.

I was doing a test thats all as my last post didnt work. hence why this is now after the edited version of my responce to cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Might I have done what you did, I walked out the ground furious and I nearly had a go at a fan in the devonport clapping the players at the end.
Looking back at the game now I realise we actually did'nt play to bad and the scoreline does nothing to highlight a strong passing game. We created chances in the second half and playing one attacker upfront was a mistake from reid. When fletcher went off it fell apart.
There are positives today but obviously its still not good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles   Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle 1 Rotherham 4 - a shambles
Page 1 of 1