Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
seadog
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Congratulations on the fund raising, Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 am

Ian Newell. I would like to start a thread to thank Ian Newell for all the efforts that he has made and the spare time he has dedicated to this end, it's about £60k that has been raised, quite an awesome amount of money in times like these.
cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 am

Seconded. Well done Ian and well done to those who have contributed to the auctions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 am

Agreed, thats an amazing amount of money and even to those who dont like him. You cant fault him on that, 60k raised is brilliant.

Well Done Ian
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 am

Well done, fine effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:16 am

Absolutely.

It's an extraordinary amount of money raised, with some fantastic items auctioned.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 am

Indeed. And now that the auctions are naturally running out of steam, it is all our fault and Exeweb's, that he is giving up. Rolling Eyes
Bizarre......... or should that be Bazaar ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 am

Think you missed the point of this thread Tring, it was to thank the man for his stirling fundraising efforts not to poke a shity stick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 am

Zackly there are plenty of others where that can be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 am

Yes he has put in a shift. We can argue as to why there is a need to do this all day, when all it eventually does is lessen James Brent financial burden. But its been done with good intentions and its a phenomenal achievement.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 am

fockit wrote:
Think you missed the point of this thread Tring, it was to thank the man for his stirling fundraising efforts not to poke a shity stick.

Oh I see.................... praise where it's due but ignore any failings. Sounds like Pasoti. There's loads of threads on there where Ian has requested and received glowing tributes.
When it comes to equality and allowing even respected members to post anything which just might show said hero in a different light, such postings hardly get to see the light of day and are quickly removed. 'We don't want the truth getting out do we'.
It's a two way thing in gaining respect.
Love, the vile scum.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 am

Well done Ian, a magnificent effort. As stated on pasoti, he doesn't just run the auctions, but makes sure the items get to the recipient- whether by post or delivery in person. No one can fault his excellent fund raising efforts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am

Tringreen wrote:
fockit wrote:

Oh I see.................... praise where it's due but ignore any failings. Sounds like Pasoti. There's loads of threads on there where Ian has requested and received glowing tributes.When it comes to equality and allowing even respected members to post anything which just might show said hero in a different light, such postings hardly get to see the light of day and are quickly removed. 'We don't want the truth getting out do we'.
Love, the vile scum.

Tis true Tring but can also be said there are as many hero bashing threads on here also. It would of been a good thing if this site could have risen above all the rest of the crap for once and showed the stand alone praise where it is indeed due. There is no shame in being the bigger man.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:29 am

fockit wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
fockit wrote:

Oh I see.................... praise where it's due but ignore any failings. Sounds like Pasoti. There's loads of threads on there where Ian has requested and received glowing tributes.When it comes to equality and allowing even respected members to post anything which just might show said hero in a different light, such postings hardly get to see the light of day and are quickly removed. 'We don't want the truth getting out do we'.
Love, the vile scum.

Tis true Tring but can also be said there are as many hero bashing threads on here also. It would of been a good thing if this site could have risen above all the rest of the crap for once and showed the stand alone praise where it is indeed due. There is no shame in being the bigger man.

Everyone to their own fockit [what an unfortunate username]. I have held out the olive branch. They don't want to know, so fockit !
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 pm

I have no problem commending the chap for his fund raising efforts, well done Ian.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Splendid effort
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Indeed, absolutely marvellous achievement. Well done Mr Newell.

Tringy, this isn't the thread mate.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm

It won't mean anything because we're all freaks, weirdos or mentally ill, or a combination of all 3, but well done anyway. Top effort.

Back to my blancmange settee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Back to my blancmange settee.

Have you got my camel?

I can't find my camel!

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 pm

No matter what else we disagree on I can't fault the effort atall and would never knock the man for what he has done for the club.

Well done and thanks for all you've done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Great effort by all especially Newell and Webb, it's just a shame that it now appears that it was for self interest rather then for the cause that was described, it cheapened the effort and raised quite a few suspicions regarding their motives, but that's what happens when you take gifts for causes that are perceived as being voluntary and charitable. A great shame.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:33 pm

I thanked him for his fundraising efforts.

I thanked him to his face. He wouldn't even look at me. He didn't even say thank you. He just grunted something that sounded like "yeah".

I'm not thanking someone so rude and ignorant a second time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Ok sack cloth and ashes here well done Ian Newell on the fund raising
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:57 pm

£60k is a lot of money to raise and all credit to him for putting the time and effort in to achieve this.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Excuse me for being cynical but isn't it 'typical' that now the steam is naturally running out of said auctions, there has to be something other than reality to be the cause for said hero to announce he's had enough ?
In this instance it is apparently all the fault of the vile scum on ATD and Exeweb that 'he who must be obeyed and loved has decided to throw in the towel ?

Mr Newell, with a little help from Mr Webb, already has his car parking spot arranged.

Minister without portfolio I would guess. Why should he need to subject himself to a popularity vote ?

The really sad thing about it all this is that he has been proven to be consistently wrong or swayed by plans of self aggrandisement, in all things relating to real awareness and progress at Home Park.
Trust in Stapes.
Trust in Brent anyone ? No questioning. No suggestions other than the latest sponsorship deal or luncheon.
Rock on janners. Lower league parochiality a speciality.
Right people. Who's goin Hayes n Yeading ?

I despair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 pm

It's hard to swallow when you read stuff like this http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk/t958-one-last-post-by-greenjock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations on the fund raising,   Congratulations on the fund raising, Empty

Back to top Go down

Congratulations on the fund raising,
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next