Highwayman
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
Pete1886
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Death of a Football Club Empty
PostSubject: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Looks like it's the end for Truro City:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Believe it is so. Game with Dover is off and much emotion been shown on twitter. Just think Ridsdale and Guilfoyle thought Heaney was the way forward.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Very sad to see and to think we nearly had that ginger b*****d at Argyle!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:37 pm

If Heaney had won the day I am convinced this would be us. Nothing to do with Brent or anything current at Argyle just an observation of what might have been. Bloody shame.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I wonder if Hodges would like to manage here? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 pm

It is a shame. But they're a poor mans Rushden & Diamonds.

They've risen through the leagues when their attendances and wages they pay the players were astronomically disproportionate to what they generate.

It's a recipe for disaster. Throw in having Heaney running the show, and it was only ever going to end one way.

At least they'll eventually simply return to their natural position, playing St.Blazey and Saltash etc. every week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 pm

In all honesty though Truro City bought their way to where they are now.

You only need to look at the players still on their books who are ex-professionals and many of them ex-Argyle players who will be getting paid an awful lot of money for the league they are in, and the leagues they have progressed from.

They even have a first team goalkeeping coach ffs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Haven't Truro got a good stadium? Too good to go into the lower leagues. Maybe Exeter could move there.

When I lived in the Midlands I used to go to Rushden sometimes. A small but perfectly formed stadium. And a very friendly place. (And the only seconds Doc Marten's shop in the country). I think Kettering or someone similar have it now.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Nowt good about their demise, no silver cloud, just sad. Another small club fecked up on the whim of a greedy bastards ego. Hope not to many are left in the smelly brown sticky stuff because of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Most of them were almost cracking one off when we were in the shit.
Feck em..good riddance.
Sort our own shit out first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Every club has it's share of wankers punchy,feck knows we have a few but the good ones get hurt aswell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:22 pm

knecht wrote:
Haven't Truro got a good stadium? Too good to go into the lower leagues. Maybe Exeter could move there.

When I lived in the Midlands I used to go to Rushden sometimes. A small but perfectly formed stadium. And a very friendly place. (And the only seconds Doc Marten's shop in the country). I think Kettering or someone similar have it now.

joking arent ya its a garden shed.. They were due to move into a new stadium with cornish pirates but alas that will never be

very sad to see truro cease to be never nice to see any club and its supporters go through this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Ah, that's right. It was the new stadium that was to be good.

Sad to see them fold.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm

They are gonners now, sad.

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Highwayman wrote:

So, you're now the biggest club in Cornwall again lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Highwayman wrote:

So, you're now the biggest club in Cornwall again lol!

and Devon too cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Sad day for Truro fans .
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Indeed GG, and I hope Lee Hodges gets a chance at FL level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:04 pm

It's very sad but it seems anything the ginger ninga gets involved in is doomed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Truro City will live on much like with Rangers just under a different umbrella and in a new lower division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
They were due to move into a new stadium with cornish pirates but alas that will never be

I'm delighted the Pirates won't be playing there. They don't belong in Truro .. if the cathedral city is anything sporting at all ( I actually see it as a county town ) ...it's a football town ... just .... and there's never been a true decent rugby club there.
I like Truro City, heaven knows I used to play for them when another property man owned them, and they always paid well Very Happy . I am very fond of the place and it's football club. But let's be honest, they got to where they got purely on a property speculation that still hasn't totally unravelled itself. I only hope the staff haven't been conned into working for no wages for too long, like they were encouraged to here. I haven't been following the saga that closely, but here's to hoping there hasn't been a deal behind closed doors that gives the ghouls a good deal on the land.

As for my old football club, there will be enough people interested in running a football team under the name of Truro City, and it can all start again at a more local level without the unwanted steroids of property ghouls. Dorian Gray United comes to mind. What's good enough for Glasgow, should be good enough for truro, and I find myself wishing it had happened to us, so we could start afresh, rather than the club being dominated by an ex banker and property man who thinks Nobby Stiles is a man servant that helps you over obstacles on the coastal footpath..
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm

There may just be a reprieve on it's way looking at pasoti's cornish chris's post.

"And now 2 Truro businesses have put up the 50k bond the conference are asking for.

L2 Nightclub and A2B Taxis have lodged the bond and it's just been accepted (so the people that lodged it say)

Waiting for conference decision now"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Link says they've been saved. They can continue to play in the conference.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Penzance wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
They were due to move into a new stadium with cornish pirates but alas that will never be

I'm delighted the Pirates won't be playing there. They don't belong in Truro .. if the cathedral city is anything sporting at all ( I actually see it as a county town ) ...it's a football town ... just .... and there's never been a true decent rugby club there.
I like Truro City, heaven knows I used to play for them when another property man owned them, and they always paid well Very Happy . I am very fond of the place and it's football club. But let's be honest, they got to where they got purely on a property speculation that still hasn't totally unravelled itself. I only hope the staff haven't been conned into working for no wages for too long, like they were encouraged to here. I haven't been following the saga that closely, but here's to hoping there hasn't been a deal behind closed doors that gives the ghouls a good deal on the land.

As for my old football club, there will be enough people interested in running a football team under the name of Truro City, and it can all start again at a more local level without the unwanted steroids of property ghouls. Dorian Gray United comes to mind. What's good enough for Glasgow, should be good enough for truro, and I find myself wishing it had happened to us, so we could start afresh, rather than the club being dominated by an ex banker and property man who thinks Nobby Stiles is a man servant that helps you over obstacles on the coastal footpath..

without going off topic too much

The Cornish Pirates have to move out of Penzance if they want to be a premiership team.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death of a Football Club   Death of a Football Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Death of a Football Club
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next